just bought a turbo kit - Boost Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
just bought a turbo kit
Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:32 PM
ok i was here about a month ago asking whats better a supercharger or turbo kit? well i bought a whole turbo kit off ebay....i just need a lil help here....i have a 2001 z24...my kit is for a 95-99 does that matter hope not cause i bought it......and i was going to see if anyone here has a pic of the motor with the kit on soo i have an idea of what it looks like

Re: just bought a turbo kit
Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:38 PM
Nope, everyone loves their car too much to toss a Egay hack turbo kit on it.

219whp - I <3 whine

Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:38 PM
ok... i have a suggestion for u here and i hope u listen haha... first off.. u need to post exactly what u have in ur kit so we can help you. Second, ur VERY likely gunna be spending a lot more money. Third.. i wouldnt even TRY to take apart anyhting or install anything until u get as much information as possible, probably from this thread. Im no expert but i know that much, and everyone else is gunna be able to help u a lot more than me. Ignore the flames lol

Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:39 PM
What kit? i haven't seen a turbo KIT for a 2.4 on eBay ever. Just for the 2.2.

Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:45 PM
yea i got the whole kit came with the manifold and all but the blow off valve i got everything u need but the blow off valve
Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:47 PM
put some pics so everybody can see what u got

boostedz24
Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:47 PM
like i said, post what u got... id suggest pictures of everything, possibly a link to a kit like it if u can find one, cuz chances are its not gunna fit

Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:54 PM
go to ebay..........then go to ebay home...........then go to advance search and PUT IN THIS NUMBER THIS IS WHAT I BOUGHT 260534978498 COPY IT AND PASTE IT AND PLEASE LET ME KNOW....IF UR GOING TO PUT ME DOWN THEN DONT SAY NOTHING
Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:59 PM
LOL at "485HP package" Have fun with that kit. I expect a "I blew up my motor thread".

Sunday, January 17, 2010 6:04 PM
485HP at 25 PSI. I wonder how many people try that on a stock motor.
Sunday, January 17, 2010 6:04 PM
Wow your a winner...dumbass. "my kit is for a 95-99 does that matter hope not cause i bought it" really shouldn't you be asking questions before you bought that kit? and Tinkles summed it up pretty well. People spend near $600 on a turbo alone. Oh well your going to have a $600 lesson in learning on how not to try to cheap out and buy @!#$ty eBay put together kits. Whats funny to me is no BOV and the manifold has a spot for external wastegate.. yet comes without a wastegate.. Anyway good luck. Reason I hid this for those who find out is because he said not to say anything.. so hidden is like me thinking it and not saying it lo

Sunday, January 17, 2010 6:10 PM
it says 485 NOT ON A STOCK MOTOR..........all i am scared about is how the pipes run soo i need a pic that i can see how it runs
Sunday, January 17, 2010 6:22 PM
I would be scared of the whole kit. Its a universal IC pipng kit so it wont fit right in, the turbo is probably a cheap ass knock off (very rare to get a good one), cant really tell from the pic but the manifold looks like it was thrown together real quick and cheap, ect.

My T3/T4 turbo alone was over $600 new.

Sunday, January 17, 2010 6:25 PM
yeah you got ripped off man. is there any return policy? if so, return it and start saving for a real kit.

Sunday, January 17, 2010 6:32 PM
Here is the listing:

Egay wrote:Brand new “Street Demon” Series turbo package for your vehicle. The most complete turbo package available for the price. This package has all new quality parts that are capable of producing well beyond 485 horsepower at 25+ PSI with supporting modifications and a built motor. This is the most complete package available compared to others at an affordable price. On a stock motor the kit will create give the motor a 50-100 horsepower gain on a low boost setting of 8 PSI. Also, the included electronic turbo timer provides a hassle-free operation of precisely calculating the cool down period to ensure a proper cool down for your turbocharged motor. Works with either automatic or manual gearboxes. This kit may allow you to keep your air conditioning and power steering for a great street setup.

(1) Turbo Exhaust Manifold:

* High quality tubular piping with large primaries
* High quality T3 turbocharger flange
* Extra thick flange support the turbo well
* Fully ported and polished design
* TIG welded 321 Stainless steel material for longevity & strength
* Strong design supports the weight of the turbo
* Full install kit includes all bolts & hardware
* Beautifully polished for a show finish
* High quality gaskets included for turbo flange & exhaust manifold flange

(1) Hybrid Turbo Charger:

* .57 compressor wheel trim mapped for low and high boost setups
* Oil fitting gaskets & mounting studs included
* Capable of producing over 450 horsepower
* Wet float bearings & properly balanced
* 3" inlet diameter with a 2" outlet
* 50 A/R compressor housing
* .63 A/R turbine housing
* 1/8 NPT oil inlet
* T3/T4 hybrid

(1) Front Mount Intercooler:

* Large design cools down the turbocharged air efficiently
* Strong TIG welds will support high PSI levels
* Lightweight aluminum racing intercooler
* Extra thick core provides ample cooling
* 2.5" cold outlet & 2.5" hot inlet
* Less then 2% pressure drop

(1) Universal Intercooler Piping Kit:

* Lightweight yet strong aluminum piping
* May necessitate light modification to fit
* (16) stainless steel worm gear clamps
* (2) 2.5” 90 degree silicone couplers
* (6) 2.5” straight silicone couplers
* (2) 90 degree 2.5” bends
* (2) 60 degree 2.5” bends
* (2) 45 degree 2.5” bends
* (2) straight 2.5” pipes

(1) Boost Controller:

* Can be setup to adjust boost PSI on the fly
* Can be adjusted for any PSI level desired
* Control your boost with a precise click
* Includes complete install kit
* Anodized aluminum finish
* CNC machined design

(1) Slim Cooling Fan:

* Fan can be used to cool: A/C condenser, oil or transmission cooler, mounting on an intercooler to prevent heat soak, or cooling a a2w radiator
* Slim design provides excellent engine bay clearance
* Includes the mounting tabs for a easy zip tie install
* Reversible design can either pull or push air
* Versatility of a push/pull reversible fan
* Superior flow of a curved-blade design
* Creates additional aftermarket cooling
* 1.25" thick outside perimeter
* 2.50" thick inside perimeter

(1) Electronic Turbo Timer:

* Ensures a proper cool down for your turbocharged car every time
* Includes pigtail wiring and extra wiring for ease of installation
* Important to preventing premature turbo wear and failure
* Mounted inside the vehicle for on the fly adjustments
* Precisely calculates the cool down period for the motor
* Auto mode feature creates a hassle-free operation
* Increases turbocharger's operating lifespan
* Bright Easy to read LED Digital Display
* Failure to reduce the temperature of the turbo could result in "coking" of oil inside the turbo
* Coking is the baking of oil, turning it into a grimy substance

(1) 10 Meters Heat Wrap:

* Heat powers the turbochargers turbine inlet. Keep the heat inside the exhaust pipes
* Heat kills the turbochargers compressor inlet. Keep the heat out of the cold piping.
* Control additional engine bay heat and prevent overheating.
* Keep intercooled air cooled.
* Made of very high temp fiberglass.

(1) Stainless Downpipe:

* 2.5" Inlet
* Waterjet cut 5 bolt flange.
* Mandrel bent stainless steel
* Beautiful TIG welds

(1) High Flow Intake Filter:

* Protect the turbo system from debris
* Instant HP adder
* Extreme high flow
* 3" inlet perfectly matching the turbocharger inlet

(1) High Flow Breather Cap:

* Extreme high flow
* Keeps crankcase ventilation clean for emissions
* Works in conjunction with the catch can to keep inside of turbo piping oil free

(1) Coolant Sensor Bung

* Monitor the water temperature via this sensor relocation
* Easy solution to run aftermarket coolant sensor
* Provides more precise readings then the stock location
* Features 2 installation clamps for an easy add on
* 38mm ends fits most OEM coolant hoses
* Strong Aluminum construction

You got hosed dude. The best thing you can do is back out of the purchase and try to get your money back.

219whp - I <3 whine

Sunday, January 17, 2010 7:12 PM
ok like i said dont hate......this is a site for help so i came to get help not clowned at.....it will be here tuesday i will be finish by thursday and i will post pics.....then i be lol@ u guys saying it wont work.....my car runs a 9/4 in a 1/8 mile...i am looking to run 8.5 when i get done with the whole project......my car looks good now working on the motor
Sunday, January 17, 2010 7:31 PM
Look bro what you need to understand above and beyond everything else. The stuff in this kit is all cheap chinese knock offs. I made the mistake of purchasing a ebay manifold. The ebay log manifolds are garbage.

There is a reason people spend $5,000 or more on turbo kits. You buy quality you get quality in return. I wish you luck with the kit but reality is reality. You either go all out or you dont go at all.

Sunday, January 17, 2010 7:52 PM
hate to break it to you guy but everyones right... if you didnt wanna be bitched at and thought of as an idiot then you should have asked questions before you went through and bought this kit... you would have been much happier forking over the money for a decent kit thats actually for your car/motor then your going to be with a universal kit... in my opinion you just wasted money that should have gone towards a decent kit... but you dont seem to want to listen to the advice weve given you which makes me not understand why you asked for it...

i forsee a post in the near future with you looking for some proper fitting parts for your car not just a ebay knock offs...

Sunday, January 17, 2010 8:01 PM
David Tyler wrote:ok like i said dont hate......this is a site for help so i came to get help not clowned at.....it will be here tuesday i will be finish by thursday and i will post pics.....then i be lol@ u guys saying it wont work.

You do that and we'll "lol@" when you post up that your engine is blown because the turbo let go. Just a few questions thou.

Does the turbo have an internal wastegate? If no, then what wastegate are you planning to run? If you run an external wastegate are you going to run it back into the exhaust or leave it as a open dump?

219whp - I <3 whine

Sunday, January 17, 2010 8:13 PM
I'm confused...wher is the wastegate and the oil feed/return lines? Why would they think a turbo timer is more essential than those? Also, are you running an FMU or larger injectors with a way to tune them?

Remember to clock your turbo properly, and get back to us in a couple weeks on whether or not your turbo hasn't blown a seal.

I have no signiture
Sunday, January 17, 2010 8:21 PM
This is going to be interesting. So your car runs 9.4 in the 1/8th and you don't even have your car listed in your profile with the mods you have. You must have some decent work done to the motor already to run that. A 9.4 in the 1/8th works out to be around a 14.6-14.7. And you said "my car looks good now working on the motor" so I'm wondering what you have done to run a 14? Anyways, good luck with your build, and you should fill out your profile so people know what you have so they can help you out.

Sunday, January 17, 2010 8:49 PM
if you get it tuesday i would be totaly stunned if you get it on by thursday i bought the same kit from a kid brand new off of craiglist it work great i picked it up for 400 bucks you can let people knock the ebay turbos all they want i know first habd they work just fine but these kits are not direct bolt on like the 5000 dollar kits it takes a lot of fradracation i had to redo the dipstick and reroute all the water lines and re work the alternator bracket however mine is a 2.2l ohv and the manifold in the pic is the same as mine so i m thinkig that won;t work for you and i bought that same one off of ebay and it need modified to fit on my studs the holes where misdrilled and the manifold itself warped after a week with the heat and the weight of the turbo so we cuted it apart and re welded it but all together my build took almost two months working on ot a few hrs each night it took some time and work but was definetly worth it and thank god my dad is a master frabicated because it would not have been possible with out him to look at some pics theres a link in my profile to my cardomain its got pictures and i used 23lb injectors and cooler spark plugs without a tune and it runs increaibley and the down pipe up above is a universal one we had to cut and make it fit too good luck man
Sunday, January 17, 2010 8:54 PM
you also need some oil lines and a b.ov and a wastgate i don't see any in that kit and just wondering how much did that kit set you back
Sunday, January 17, 2010 9:07 PM
looks decent, but id never buy a turbo off ebay just because of what ive heard from people and my past experiences with eBay. with anything online, especially eBay, the pictures can be very decieving and so can the product you actually get. i would have just saved money up to get a good kit like Hahn's or Turbonetics and relax with comfort in safety. but anyways good luck and don't put the PSI too high to start out.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."
Monday, January 18, 2010 5:31 AM
Think its funny that some random guy comes on here and starts flaming a bunch of vetrans that know what's up. Very few ebay products are quality parts, especially when it comes to forced induction. I was EXTREMELY careful whenever i bought parts for my turbo on ebay. Only bought small parts like oil restrictors, intercooler piping and clamps. None of those would compromise the turbo setup if they went out. If they did, it wouldnt be horrible. Your turbo will probably go out in a few weeks. Oil will get into your engine, your motor will blow, and you'll be out $600 for the turbo setup and whatever it costs to replace your engine.

Just that manifold alone looks like utter trash. IMO, it looks like cheap aluminum intercooler piping. ha!

Just dont come bitching and moaning for help when your car breaks down. All you'll get is laughter and a bunch of GTFO's!

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search