just bought a turbo kit - Page 2 - Boost Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: just bought a turbo kit
Monday, January 18, 2010 8:26 AM
Senorguitar19 wrote:Think its funny that some random guy comes on here and starts flaming a bunch of vetrans that know what's up....

Just dont come bitching and moaning for help when your car breaks down. All you'll get is laughter and a bunch of GTFO's!

exactly... dont ask for advice if you dont want to hear what we actually think... accept the sad truth... you wasted your money!

Monday, January 18, 2010 9:06 AM
Will receive Tuesday and installed by Thursday, haha.

Monday, January 18, 2010 9:46 AM
Are you going to change out those worm gear clamps for T-bolt clamps?

219whp - I <3 whine

Monday, January 18, 2010 9:47 AM
Oh boy.
That turbo was made at a sweatshop.
Monday, January 18, 2010 1:08 PM
Just think if we all followed suit and instead of spending the $1,000+ on the turbocharger alone we could have been running boost a hell of a lot sooner....... we just wouldnt have been able to enjoy it as long.......

To the OP:

What you paid for your "entire setup" is what I spent on a waste gate, Blow off valve and oil lines and maybe if I was lucky oil fittings as well.

Like I said in my last post good luck. Your going to need it.

Monday, January 18, 2010 4:21 PM
Probably got one of those cheap generic fake BOV's from siliconeintakes.com.

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 10:17 AM
all the people out there knocking the ebay @!#$. Have any of you tried it or have had promblems with it first hand probably not so don't knock it until you have tried my it and if i lose my engine or something o well its my loss and its none of your guys promblem and if that happens i will just buy the more expensive turbos and stuff like everybody else but if it does work then i saved thousands and that was the risk i was willing to take
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 12:09 PM
no one has tried it because like previously stated everyone here like's their engine too much to put a pos ebay turbo on it.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:28 PM
Paul Ott wrote:all the people out there knocking the ebay @!#$. Have any of you tried it or have had promblems with it first hand probably not so don't knock it until you have tried my it and if i lose my engine or something o well its my loss and its none of your guys promblem and if that happens i will just buy the more expensive turbos and stuff like everybody else but if it does work then i saved thousands and that was the risk i was willing to take

Do you even realize how much of a moron this statement made you look? Why dont you just buy the quality stuff in the first place? You could've bought a wastegate, BOV, oil lines/fittings or a fuel adjuster (BEGI) for the cost of your Time Bomb setup.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:36 PM
people come on here to ask questions,not to be bashed.if that's what he wanted,and could afford,so be it.I have heard enough from all the little trolls on here.shut the @!#$ up.leave people alone.if you are all such great builders,then why aren't you all running 12s or 11s in the 1/4.if you have never tried it ,them what is you opinion worth,nothing.I have bought e-bay turbos before,we call them(through away turbos),and they have done very well,not saying that they push 20lbs of boost.so just take your time,and do it right,good luck

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:16 PM
People get bashed for terrible ideas...this being one. Sure it's all he could afford, but if that's true then he shouldn't be rushing this build. Take your time to acquire the correct and well built pieces. It took me close to a year to piece together my turbo kit. I wanted to make sure everything would work and not fail on me. I only spent about $1,300 as well. So seriously bro, you should've just saved that $600 and put it towards a nice custom build. Could buy a nice Garrett T3 Super 60 for $100 more.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 6:20 PM
people get bashed on here,why. people ask questions,that's #@&! up.I am beginning to see a pattern here.most people that bash on here where born in the mid to late 80s,that explains everything.i though i was talking to adults,sorry

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 7:07 PM
boosted2pt4 wrote:people get bashed on here,why. people ask questions,that's #@&! up.I am beginning to see a pattern here.most people that bash on here where born in the mid to late 80s,that explains everything.i though i was talking to adults,sorry

Ok, that makes you look like a complete douchebag. Date of birth is irrelavent to this topic. Sound like a whiny little junior high kid thinking he's hot stuff cause he's got hair on his balls now.

Turbo builds aren't meant to be rushed if you're still learning. Take your time. But the main point is, dont buy ebay turbo kits. They just dont work. Nor are they ever a complete kit.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 7:28 PM
what about fueling needs? THAT "kit" seems to leave that out. you mean to tell me no blow off valve? them are like 10$.

why the cooling fan? that isnt needed. i seen 425+whp on the stock fan. plus that fan will not fit. but you are too stupid to pop your hood and look down.

bottom line, you get what you pay for.

you didnt buy a "kit" , you bought some starter parts to a turbo set up that will give you a headache. post back in a year and let us know how stupid we all are.

and it doesnt matter when some people were born, their answers are the truth and you are a idiot too.

anyways, best of luck regardless.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 7:33 PM
boosted2pt4 wrote:people get bashed on here,why. people ask questions,that's #@&! up.I am beginning to see a pattern here.most people that bash on here where born in the mid to late 80s,that explains everything.i though i was talking to adults,sorry

I believe the mid to late 80's is the majority demographic of J owners. So your observation is accurate, though your reasoning is questionable. I've noticed that it's starting to push towards the 90's... nowz dat weez R all growed up.

I have no signiture
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 7:53 PM
i will be expecting a post on thursday telling us how much boost you're running, what injectors you used, what you tuned them with, what wastegate you got, how you clocked your turbo, and how long the engine ran before a vane snapped and you need a new engine.

subscribed.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:10 PM
here is the name calling,im a douchebag,idiot ,that show your true age,in the 20s.I love all you guys,even the ones that bash people,that why I love a computer,cuz everyone is a big tough guy on it
and yes,everyone is always learning,so dont bash people,would anyone like it done to them?dont think so.cant anyone just answer a ? in a nice way,instead of stupid,@!#$head,ext.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:24 PM
wow ... just wow...

to answer the OP's question

95 - 99 and 00 - 02 have some major changes to the 2.4, most notably in your case is the EGR

95 - 99 has an EGR, and the ECM expects an EGR
00 - 02 does not. That manifold and gasket does not have a port for the EGR

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:31 PM
boosted2pt4 wrote:here is the name calling,im a douchebag,idiot ,that show your true age,in the 20s.I love all you guys,even the ones that bash people,that why I love a computer,cuz everyone is a big tough guy on it
and yes,everyone is always learning,so dont bash people,would anyone like it done to them?dont think so.cant anyone just answer a ? in a nice way,instead of stupid,@!#$head,ext.

4get the name calling man, people have given him the advice, we told him it was a stupid move, so go ahead and pull the age card again. nobody has yet tried to be a tough guy toward's the op. we've just tried to tell him that an ebay turbo is a waste of money. cuz, well, it is! he should've asked bfore buying an ebay turbo kit and he could've been led in the right direction. instead he saw 450hp! and went gungho, without thinking that he might need more to make said kit work for his car. people have answered his question, numerous times now actually.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:37 PM
oh and i shared this thread with everyone in JBO Chat for their opinions...

GME Chat wrote:[23:24] <~Speedline02> http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=171416&t=171416
[23:25] <@TehJeffie> i wanna stab him
[23:25] <%Dennis> with your epeen?
[23:25] <@TehJeffie> no with jays
[23:26] <%Dennis> going to hold it for him? lol!!
[23:26] <blucavvy> hahahaha
[23:26] <@TehJeffie> yup using the tongs
[23:26] <%Dennis> hold it with your teeth LOL!
[23:26] <blucavvy> ewwww
[23:26] <@TehJeffie> lol
[23:26] <blucavvy> yeah that thread is ridiculous
[23:27] <@TehJeffie> kill the @!#$
[23:27] <@TehJeffie> kill him dead
[23:27] <%Dennis> he got a universal turbo kit???
[23:28] <@TehJeffie> in other words
[23:28] <@TehJeffie> tubes
[23:28] <%Dennis> nice! tubes
[23:28] <@TehJeffie> and worm clamps lol
[23:28] <%Dennis> maybe he likes "tubes"
[23:28] <@TehJeffie> most likely
[23:30] <%Dennis> "anyone here has a pic of the motor with the kit on soo i have an idea of what it looks like
[23:30] <%Dennis> " LMFAO!
[23:30] <%Dennis> utter FAIL!
[23:30] <%Dennis> build a turbo system like building legos eh?
[23:30] <@TehJeffie> apparently
[23:30] <%Dennis> no lack of stupid out there
[23:31] <~Speedline02> i wanna see him come back and try to talk more @!#$
[23:31] <@TehJeffie> i wanna see him in the obits of the paper
[23:31] <blucavvy> i can't wait to see thursdays update
[23:32] <blucavvy> "well got it all installed, and my engine blew......"
[23:32] <@TehJeffie> i cant wait to see a fresh mound of dirt in a grassy field

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:44 PM

swooosh!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 9:32 PM
heres a pic of a universal turbo kit
null
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 10:26 PM
Apparently, the older you are the more you know about cars.... is it like insurance boosted 2pt4?? at 25 your rates just magically go down? So at 30 do I all of the sudden become a mechanical genius? Yeah...you're done.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:44 AM
Stephen (manta z) wrote:Wow your a winner...dumbass. "my kit is for a 95-99 does that matter hope not cause i bought it" really shouldn't you be asking questions before you bought that kit? and Tinkles summed it up pretty well. People spend near $600 on a turbo alone. Oh well your going to have a $600 lesson in learning on how not to try to cheap out and buy @!#$ty eBay put together kits. Whats funny to me is no BOV and the manifold has a spot for external wastegate.. yet comes without a wastegate.. Anyway good luck. Reason I hid this for those who find out is because he said not to say anything.. so hidden is like me thinking it and not saying it lol

HAHAHAHAHAHA. hi, stephen. *smiles* (because the damn smiley wouldn't hide. LOL

this guy makes me laugh.

at least there is a 2.4 exhaust manifold gasket though... 99-02 at that so it will work on his car.

Trailer Queen corvette wanna-be with 40 coats of wax and powdercoating that soaks in.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:50 AM
I like hidden text too.
Blah
Blah
Blah
This thread is gay.
The OP is retarded along with his other Egay worshiper friends
Blah
Blah
Blah

219whp - I <3 whine

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search