Tinkles 03 cavy - Page 19 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Tinkles 03 cavy
Saturday, February 05, 2011 9:01 PM
dam you on those brakes so you were the mysterious buyer lol lucky you, and fenders mmmmmm i want if you ever sell them. Oh when ever i get to see you again i have a nice shiny surprise for you to add to your collection or maybe it needs a new home instead lol. but untill then its safe n sound in storage.

Saturday, February 05, 2011 9:06 PM
Thanks for picking that up Wayne and i cant wait till i get everything painted an on the car either.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Saturday, February 05, 2011 9:21 PM
no sweat pal anytime, its here until your ready.

Sunday, February 06, 2011 12:28 AM
These also arrived last friday. I was waiting on my other box to show up before i posted, but the last update i have is that it is in/passed threw Philly. These apparently passed threw JFK and both boxes were shipped from the same APO location at the same time.

Any guess as to what they are? BTW, there are 2 pieces missing. The plan is to have the part in the back wrapped in C/F and the paint touched up on the rest of it.

Sunday, February 06, 2011 5:39 AM
building a airplane maybe??

DOPER.
Sunday, February 06, 2011 7:13 AM
trd wing. should be a interesting combo

Sunday, February 06, 2011 8:32 AM
Stephen (manta z) wrote: should be a interesting combo

Having options is the name of the game.

Sunday, February 06, 2011 8:33 AM
I'm all for it. The xtreme kit has a bulky presence, the trd wing shouldn't look bad at all with it.
Whens the xtreme kit going on.. still waiting on a DD?

Sunday, February 06, 2011 9:21 AM
No Stephen..
Tinkles wrote:The tuner kit will get destroyed on the roads near my house. The LSS kit is to help the car look better(im really tired of the 1sv look) and is a kit that i dont care about trashing as much. Once i get a new place to live that isnt on dirt roads that gets destroyed by tractor trailers i'll overhaul the interior/exterior to show car quality. But until then, performance goodies and LSS kit.

Sunday, February 06, 2011 10:05 AM
I should start telling everyone that i sold the Tuner kit. Then maybe i wont have to answer the same question over and over.

Sunday, February 06, 2011 6:01 PM
Tinkles wrote:I should start telling everyone that i sold the Tuner kit. Then maybe i wont have to answer the same question over and over.

Just paste what j nickle quoted in your sig. Lol. I'm interested in seeing it with the tuner kit to. Idk if it works well with the lss kit. I will be watching.

Sunday, February 06, 2011 6:20 PM
ah my bad, I don't frequent much and when i see new stuff in this thread(as of most build/update threads) i normally just look for pictures lol

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 4:31 PM
looks like theyre in a good home!
also good to hear the rest of the wing came!

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 6:24 PM
wanna sell that orange tuner front?

13.22 @ 105.2
Tuesday, February 08, 2011 6:36 PM
man i love the car, and with the issues with dirt roads, thats one reason i left wyomissing

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 6:38 PM
i have a new never used never painted tuner front and he wont trade me...

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com
Tuesday, February 08, 2011 9:29 PM
you wanna sell yours? lol

13.22 @ 105.2
Tuesday, February 08, 2011 10:42 PM
evan barnes wrote:i have a new never used never painted tuner front and he wont trade me...

You never brought that up.....

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 5:42 AM
So, I may of missed it, but when are we gonna see some PROGRESS pictures of all this stuff actually going ON the car

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 6:12 AM
Soooooooooo.... when is the Xtreme Tuner kit going on....?

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 2:40 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:So, I may of missed it, but when are we gonna see some PROGRESS pictures of all this stuff actually going ON the car

That is a very good question.......

BTW, i pulled the M62 off the other night and the stock intake manifold bolts that i used are @!#$...

Thursday, February 17, 2011 2:22 AM
Hey lookie here, the trashed tensioner.

It's replacement is on.

And the next issue to be taking care of. Im hoping that i can snake a drill bit and easy out in there without having to remove the intake manifold.

Im going to try to have spacers made to take up the slack from the M6 bolts in the M8 holes and use stronger M6 bolts. Then i'll have my spare head modded to use the stock LSJ M8x1.25 bolts.

Sunday, March 20, 2011 8:43 AM

Sunday, March 20, 2011 9:46 AM
Tinkles_ for you manifold bolt issues, check for shoulder bolts in the Mcmastercarr catalog. When I put the zzp lsj phenolic intake manifold spacer on my l61 head, they had a shoulder bolt that was the right thread for the head and fit the holes on the maniold perfectly. That might be cheaper than having spacers made up, plus you won't run the risk of loosing the spacers if you ever pull it off later on down the road.

Sunday, March 20, 2011 10:11 AM
Tinkles wrote:

i'm confused........y?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search