BaggedOn20s - Project Build Thread - No 56K - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: BaggedOn20s - Project Build Thread - No 56K
Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:48 PM
Today's Update:
Just got home to find the following.

It's the Media Link 4 that I had to purchase in order to install an external hard drive into my car via the usb port on the media link 4. I accidently left it in my truck that I recently traded in so I had to eat the cost of another one. Even though it is not a major delivery... it is progress!

Some of you may remember these bad boys that were created by OEM months ago....

And once again Mark adding my own little touch to it.

It is a beautiful piece, too bad it is now blocked by my Chrome Air Tank and Rear Seat Delete... no one will ever know its there.

Harness bar and CC relocation bracket are at the powder coaters.. hope to have those soon.

FOR SALE

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 6:07 PM
amazing build dude glad to see some one is still as crazy about there cav as i am mine will be out some time in 2011 we will have to try and find a show in the middle of us and hit it up so we can check each others build out

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 6:59 PM
awesome man our cars have some similar mods. kinda the same taste also. keep up the good work!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 9:01 PM
That would be awesome Brad. Once I get this thing finished I will be DRIVING IT! Not daily but I have to get some enjoyment after its done.

Seamless glad to see you check in. Also glad to see you still have the car!

FOR SALE
Wednesday, April 21, 2010 7:48 PM
Today's Update:
Well the 2-1/16" hole saw came in today and I was able to do some more work on the gauge cluster. I have some final touches to make as far as finishing work where the GPS will go. I am debating on painting the bezel where these gauges are or possibly getting a piece of black vinyl overlay to cover all older gauge markings.

More work will be done to this piece.

Weapon of Choice after my cordless drill kept bogging down.

Water Temp anyone?

What was a Fuel Gauge

You can see the areas that needed to be trimmed in this picture

With Blinker on to show functions still work..

FOR SALE
Wednesday, April 21, 2010 7:50 PM
love love love <3 <3 <3

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:03 PM
lol at this rate, you're going to have your cluster up and running before mine!!!!

Do you plan to put a backing in the cluster for the GPS to rest in? If so, this was the hardest part for me,

I think you should go with painting the cluster, and not wrapping it. and if you don't like the outcome, you can always wrap overtop... vise versa as well. Paint will make it pop, and make it not look like you rushed it.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:39 PM
Matt, the backing is going to be next. Seems like it may be the hardest part but I have a good idea on how I will tackle it. I will plan on painting the cluster a gunmetal/artic silver combo to see what makes it pop the best. I want to take my time on this piece because I have a good feeling it will be an attention getter.

You didn't warn me on how much of a mess this made!

As always thanks for the inspiration guys.

FOR SALE
Wednesday, May 05, 2010 6:03 PM
bump....

only to keep the pressure on lol.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 6:46 PM
so you're going to rely on the gps for your speedometer? i never really found the gps units to be that accurate for speed. definately interested to see how this turns out

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Wednesday, May 05, 2010 9:37 PM
very extensive build... looks great so far!

can't wait to see it all together!

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 11:51 PM
Sweet car man!! Great job!! Thats about all i can say. Lol, words cant describe how nice that car is going to be once done. Kepp it up!!

Thursday, May 06, 2010 5:03 AM
Steve-O the GPS should serve the purpose most gps units I have used have a +/- 3MPH difference and for the amount of time this car will be on the road that will be fine for me.

Thanks Strat81 i've been keeping an eye on your build as well. Makes me miss my old Sedan!

Mike Z I appreciate the kind words!

Matt - Pressure... what's that? You have that major deadline to beat, you better get to work bro!

FOR SALE
Thursday, May 06, 2010 11:12 AM
Steve-O wrote:so you're going to rely on the gps for your speedometer? i never really found the gps units to be that accurate for speed. definately interested to see how this turns out

I took this on my way to work today. Looks on the money.

Sorry the picture quality sucks.. it's a blackberry.

FOR SALE
Thursday, May 06, 2010 12:58 PM
i'll be damned.. i'm gonna have to look into doing that

Thursday, May 06, 2010 5:19 PM
Keep in mind this isn't the Garmin Nuvi 200 that sells for $100.00 either. You get what you pay for when it comes to GPS products IMO.

*** Update... I have the cluster in primer, and should be prepared for paint in the next few days. I am waiting for a few packages to come in, which should keep me busy throughout the weekend. I should be back on Sunday/Monday with an update.

FOR SALE
Thursday, May 06, 2010 5:48 PM
clean your lense lol... my cam pics look good for a BB 2meg cam

Thursday, May 06, 2010 7:20 PM
which model did you get? and i'm kind of interested how you're going to keep power to it without the car adapter and still keep it looking good? isnt the power adapter port on just about every gps unit like that on the side or the bottom? i've got a spare cluster that i dont mind hacking up to try this with so i'm quite interested in the in's and out's of this project

Friday, May 07, 2010 5:15 AM
AZN my BB is in the otter box, it's a work issued phone so it's been through hell and back!

Steve-O - GPS is a 1390T, pictures were on the first page of this post. GPS power connector is located on the back of this unit, so the power source will not be seen. (Credit for this mod is Matt "ZDoubleDozens" idea.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, May 07, 2010 5:16 AM

FOR SALE
Friday, May 07, 2010 11:19 AM
Keep in mind that you will have to update the maps on those units just like all GPS and sometimes the firmware. You may want to consider that before you finish the install.

Everything looks good though. I like what you done with it.

Friday, May 07, 2010 1:49 PM
Yep maps have been updated before the install, the massive 2-3 GB download sucked!

FOR SALE

Friday, May 07, 2010 2:12 PM
Make sure to let us know how that EcoRoute HD works... I was the one to point it out to Matt, just curious on the final results.

Friday, May 07, 2010 5:32 PM
Will do lafonjef, Ordered it today so it should be here by the middle of next week. Stay tuned for a future update on the EcoRoute HD.

FOR SALE
Saturday, May 08, 2010 11:09 AM
so is this going to be even remotely legal or are you just going to play it by ear? you did say you were going to drive it a bit didnt you?

Saturday, May 08, 2010 12:07 PM
Show car only, driving it to shows.

Legal? Whats that.

FOR SALE
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search