BaggedOn20s - Project Build Thread - No 56K - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: BaggedOn20s - Project Build Thread - No 56K
Saturday, May 08, 2010 12:13 PM
haha i'll take that as a no on the legality

www.driftnamiperformance.com

Saturday, May 08, 2010 4:00 PM
Not actually, i've seen show cars/trucks with no bezel at all.

FOR SALE
Saturday, May 08, 2010 4:49 PM
yeah, seems to me it'd feel like something was missing without one

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, May 09, 2010 3:40 PM

Sunday, May 09, 2010 2:36 PM
Update: 5-9-2010
I spent most of this weekend wiring up the halos on the foglights, the foglights themselves and hiding all wiring behind the bumper before it was mounted. While doing this I remounted the Train Horn to a much better place, rerouting air lines in the process. I also made some adjustments to the bumper, touched up the radiator with an aluminum high heat paint since it had some primer overspray on it from when the car was sprayed in the past. Painted the lower flap under the radiator with a black underbody coating spray due to the overspray as well.

I had the chance to finish most of the cluster up, put some paint on it and some clear. I am not satisfied with the clear so I will more than likely get it cleared professionally before the final install. I had a scare whenever I went to back the car back up into the garage it would not go into any gear and had a bunch of play. After doing a little digging I found the linkage on top of the transmission had came undone, reassembled that and it works fine again. Put the carbon fiber hood back on so I can start to do some repairs to it. When Bagged95Cavy purchased the hood it was damaged from shipping and was never fixed so I will get to fixing these smaller issues as the car will be assembled.

Still have some adjustments to do with the fenders, but I will probably deal with that over the next few weeks whenever I trim the inner lips on the front fenders.

As always on with the pictures.

All in all I was happy with the way the bumper lined up, since I have been seeing a bunch of cars with sagging bumpers around the headlights, hoods, etc. I still have some work to do above the headlights but I will tend to that whenever I put the hood pins in the hood.

On with the cluster progress...

Now for the BAD which is the hood repairs...

Corner here.. out of focus sorry.

Over the next week I should be receiving my harness bar from OEM which i'll customize with a two tone to match the interior once it arrives, Cruise Control relocation plate, Eco Route HD, Water Temp Gauge for Cluster, and Amp temp Gauges.

Updates shortly after some of these arrive.

FOR SALE
Sunday, May 09, 2010 3:44 PM
wow, the cluster looks great, i would have positioned it about 1/2" lower in the cluster but it still looks badass where it is. i like the fact that you have SEVERAL fronts for the car lol

Sunday, May 09, 2010 3:45 PM
Steve-O wrote:wow, the cluster looks great, i would have positioned it about 1/2" lower in the cluster but it still looks badass where it is. i like the fact that you have SEVERAL fronts for the car lol

I gotta agree on GPS position but otherwise very nice.

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Sunday, May 09, 2010 3:51 PM
Yeah, when I originally started the project I was going to just have the gps and keep the water temp and fuel gauge. The gear indicators were located JUST below where the GPS is now. As I began to work on it, I eliminated all of the above and decided to go with gauges.

I to wish it would be a little lower, but I don't plan on changing it anytime soon.

FOR SALE
Sunday, May 09, 2010 5:07 PM
damn it... you beat me on the cluster.

looks great... and if I were in your shoes, I would look for a new hood.. re-work on that will be a pita, plus you'll be investing in finish time and materials.

Im digging the rad work

Sunday, May 09, 2010 5:13 PM
The fogs look like they are pointed funny... I don't know if it is just the pics or what...

Sunday, May 09, 2010 6:09 PM
Matt,
I would love to find a Turbo Sport CF hood... however, that might be a task. The only reason I was looking at refabbing this hood was just for experience and some possible additions to the hood.

Lafonjef
They aren't pointed directly straight due to the way the kit is made but... I bought them for the halo use only. With the hid's i'll never need these fogs. Here are some night time pics.

Looks like I have a hanging blinker light that needs to be taken care of!

FOR SALE
Sunday, May 09, 2010 7:07 PM
I know what you're saying about the HID's I have them on my car too, but I think just as far as looks go I would try to get them straight. Isn't there anyway that you would be able to cut/refab the bumper to get them set straight?

Sunday, May 09, 2010 7:15 PM
Also, I forgot to ask. what fogs are those? I don't know if I missed it somewhere else in the thread, but I am just curious.

Sunday, May 09, 2010 9:32 PM
Yes I could cut/refab the bumper however if I ever really would need the fogs, they are angled towards the lines of the road to assist in poor driving conditions. I will have to look back at my paperwork to find the name of the manufacturer of the fogs. Not many make a halo style fog with the blue lens, which matched the projectors pretty good.

Thanks for the suggestions!

FOR SALE
Monday, May 17, 2010 6:29 PM
Update: 5-17-2010

A busy day for the USPS needless to say...

I wanted to change the E-Brake handle so I purchased this one which would have matched my interior Gunmetal/Silver/Billet... however it will not fit. I am only out of a few dollars and now I know exactly what style of E-Brake I need.

Next I was excited to have received one of the gauges for my instrument cluster which is an AMP temperature gauge. Not essential but I think it may add a unique touch.

Thanks to a fellow JBO member I received the second and last gauge for my instrument cluster which is a Water Temperature gauge and adapter.

Look at the special care packaging. Thanks Robert!

Last but not least as soon as I arrived from work, I assumed there was a small rodeo going on in my kitchen. I had both of my kids mounted on top of this box with the plastic banding material in their hands like a set of reins on a horse. Thanks Mark, the Kids LOVED it.

Inside of this box was the Cruise Control relocation Bracket (Done in CF to my suprise! Thanks Mark!)

And one of the key pieces of my interior... OEM Harness Bar! Rear Shot

Front Shot

My Custom Touch...

Box contents

Now I just have to customize the bottom legs to blend with the two tone interior panels. I hope to have installed pictures of these items this weekend if the weather permits.

Hood Pins and EcoRoute HD still waiting to be delivered.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 18, 2010 4:00 PM

FOR SALE
Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:38 AM
looks good, is the cf piece solid cf or metal with a layer fo cf?

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 3:15 PM
its coming along really nicely. even though the cluster is custom. mounting it on a piece of abs makes it look allot less neat as it could have. i think i would have tried to flush the pieces in and make the whole dash piece the face of it with it all beign silver. just kinda falls short on really pulling off a great piece. i'd look at trying to adjust the fogs as well. even though youlle never use them, they just look like they were thrown in. im liking the work thats happening though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, May 18, 2010 3:19 PM
give ya 5$ for one of them lanyards

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 3:59 PM
Steve-O wrote:give ya 5$ for one of them lanyards

How about I save you $4 and you buy it from their site? If you really want one sure, they threw some extras in my box. The Carbon Fiber is layed over the top of the bracket.

Thanks Jason, I will look into the advice given. I plan on looking to see what I can do to the fogs, now it will make it a little more difficult since the bumper is on the car but i'm sure I will be able to work something out. The Cluster may not be finished yet, as I look at it more and more I am coming up with a few ideas for it.

I appreciate the words of wisdom and advice!

FOR SALE
Tuesday, May 18, 2010 4:13 PM
hah didnt know you could buy them, most places never sell them from what i've seen

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 4:36 PM
harness bar looks great!! definetely looks better than some of the rough pics that mark had posted of one while back.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 6:02 PM
Strat like I post in most of OEM's topics it's all what you pay for. The Silver Powdercoat was an extra cost but it is x10000000 times better then no coating. Then again this is only my opinion!

FOR SALE

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 6:07 PM
i'll be curious to see how it works out when you get it in the car... it's one of the things i've considered for my sedan.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 6:18 PM
It should work out fine, however I seen a few people with sedans saying the mounting points would not work for the sedan. I should have this in by the weekend if the weather permits. If this one won't work for you I can show you another style harness bar made by NRG. I had it in my car before but it was gunmetal in color and needed some modifications.

PM me if this doesn't look like it will work out and i'll snap some pics.

FOR SALE
Monday, May 31, 2010 3:03 PM
Update: 5-31-2010

Since the last update, i've had a few problems that I have had to repair.

First I had my shifter cable crap out on me. It broke right on top of the transmission housing shift lever. So I created a post on the transmission forum and had no luck. So I was able to find one online at www.rockauto.com
The box finally came in..

Swapped it out yesterday, the only tricky part on the entire swap out was the bracket that held the shift adjuster. It did not want to come out of the bracket for anything and with only one hand in the engine bay it took me awile to get it.

Now I am back to normal operation. Damn 15 year old cables...

I finally got a chance to work on installing the CC relocation bracket that I got from OEM. Come to find out my cruise control cable wasn't long enough to relocate this item. However I still eliminated the stock bracket for now. I will be ordering the "Godzilla" FSB, and possibly relocate the CC then. Still have some cleaning up to do on the unit itself, but that is to come later.

Hood Pins are in, and installed. Depending on the hood repairs, this may not be on the final outcome. Thanks to Misnblu and his walkthrough/picture references.

I found these moulding pieces online from GM Parts Direct and decided to change them since mine were damaged/faded/dented.

New Ones!

Anyone following Phil Lindsay's thread on Performance Tie Rods in the Suspension and Brake Forum would have seen I got him to create a set of "Bagged" Tie Rods for us and got them installed.

Old Tie Rod Ends removed

Passenger Side

Drivers Side

New Ones Installed!

And a video of how the new ones work...
Click here for Video

ecoRoute HD is finally shipping from the factory. It was on a 6-8 week backorder originally and now it will be shipping this week. However this is a possibility that it will not work, with my luck I am hoping that it does function.

More to come later...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Monday, May 31, 2010 3:14 PM

FOR SALE
Monday, May 31, 2010 3:25 PM
BaggedOn20s wrote:ecoRoute HD is finally shipping from the factory. It was on a 6-8 week backorder originally and now it will be shipping this week. However this is a possibility that it will not work, with my luck I am hoping that it does function.

^why wouldn't it work?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search