Said F it, doin a manual swap - Page 7 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Said F it, doin a manual swap
Monday, February 04, 2013 6:27 PM
im interested in this powdercoating you had done, does it help with the heat containment?

Monday, February 04, 2013 6:50 PM
^^Yes it does. It will help keep the heat in and also help your turbo spool faster because of it.
Monday, February 04, 2013 7:14 PM
what did it set you back if you dont mind me asking and does it come in different colours?
Tuesday, February 05, 2013 7:54 AM
Spencer, Like Philly said.

Also all of the black high temp was done it all ran me less than 200. Its a local shop. They used to offer different colors for the high temp, but no longer for some reason. I think I remember him saying not enough customers opted for different high temp colors so they axed those and kept flat black.

My update consists of waiting on tax return to by my clutch, then I will look into painting the car maybe.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, March 25, 2013 7:11 PM
Looky looky here. Small update

KY Stage 3 6 puck clutch. Rate for 475 lb ft of torque

Once my new Throw out bearing arrives I will begin assembling everything to drop into the bay.

Right now im putting the finishing touches on the engine bay and painting the transmission.

More updates soon.

306 TQ
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:39 AM
I look forward to reviews of this clutch!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:51 AM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:I look forward to reviews of this clutch!

Me too.

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:01 AM
Me three!!

I dislike my bully setup and it is just the stock pressure plate, so it will be on borrowed time this summer.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:18 AM
newt wrote:Me three!!

I dislike my bully setup and it is just the stock pressure plate, so it will be on borrowed time this summer.

Woah, that's the first time i've ever heard anyone not like their Bully setup! I'm wondering if it's because it's the stock replacement pressure plate? My stage 4 felt fantastic!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:24 AM
most aftermarket clutch companies seem to use stock pressure plates. id say this KY one would be as well if it werent for those rivets around the center area...

lookin good david. cant wait to see the results of this CAR!

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:50 AM
Thanks fellas, too bad I wont have anything to compare this clutch too since I used to be auto, but Ill do the best I can. I will have a manual guru with me on first test drive so Ill get feed back from him after he drives it.

TOB will be here tomorrow, more pics soon

306 TQ

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:02 PM
Thrice . wrote:
newt wrote:Me three!!

Woah, that's the first time i've ever heard anyone not like their Bully setup! I'm wondering if it's because it's the stock replacement pressure plate? My stage 4 felt fantastic!

It seems to have the same inconsistent engagement issues that the Spec clutches were known for.

Sometimes its somewhere around the middle like normal, sometimes its a half inch off the floor, sometimes its a inch from the top....always a nice surprise! LOL

Sunday, March 31, 2013 8:35 PM
More updates, I have been on a roll thanks to the warmer temps.

First is a shot of the new goodies installed

Fresh coat of paint, Ford Grey. Brand new TOB installed as well

And this. The turbo inlet you see will be cut off this time around and I will place a filter on it and run it like that.

Is gonna go in here. I semi painted my engine bay, since this go round is budget friendly I did it myself. I just painted the new tranny mounts and back of the firewall where the heater core hoses used to come out at. Also applied new heat shield to the firewall as well.

So the engine will meet the new tranny this week and go in the hole. The the car will be taken to my fab guy so he can run me new hot side charge pipes.

Thanks for lookin.

306 TQ
Sunday, March 31, 2013 9:10 PM
Awesome dude. Seems to be coming together well.

Monday, April 01, 2013 4:25 AM
loving the updates.....keep them coming

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, April 01, 2013 7:26 AM
Looks amazing man. Cant wait to hear it running!

Monday, April 01, 2013 8:40 AM
Looks great man.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, April 01, 2013 5:27 PM
any part numbers or letters on the fingers of that pressure plate? I'm curious if they do, to see if they match up with my stocker, or the spec I have.

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 9:27 AM
David your engine bay looks as empty as mine is......and has been for 2 years lol. Lookin good man, thanks for motivating us all! Next week i will finally make progress.

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 12:51 PM
Thanks guys

JUC- Not that I remember about any numbers on the clutch, it was plain as day if I remember correctly while cleaning it.

Thrice lol, sadly mine has been empty for a while as well. I had to take my time with this manual swap and be careful with it because this is the last go round with the the car. @!#$ breaks this time, im done with it. Hopefully all of my wiring I swapped over is good and have no issues. We shall see.

306 TQ
Wednesday, April 03, 2013 2:51 AM
Hate it!!!!!! I wanna ride!

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Friday, April 05, 2013 6:13 AM
Is it done yet? Lol. Cant wait to hear about you learning manual with that grabby clutch. Better get some extra tires before then. Lol.

Friday, April 05, 2013 7:09 AM
LOL not yet man, you need to come up here and help me. Im struggling getting the trans and engine to mate grrr. I tried with the trans in the car then dropping the engine in, I tried with them both out of the car, then I tried with the engine in first so I could raise the trans in place. I said FUKKET all LOL and im taking it all out and trying again that way.

306 TQ
Friday, April 05, 2013 7:27 AM
Did u wiggle the trans to get the input shaft to go into the clutch?

Friday, April 05, 2013 7:31 AM
With it all out put the axles in it. Don't lock them in, just enough to move the diff. Then start a couple bolts to hold it in orientation to the motor. Then have some one hold one axle and the youturn the other one. What that will do is line up the splines in the trans and clutch disk. After you feel resistance like it won't move or the other axle starts turning it should be lined up. The tighten the engine and trans up pull yhe axles and drop the combo in. Remember when bolting them together to alternate from one side to the other so it mounts up square.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search