Vette Wheels - Page 36 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vette Wheels
Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:59 AM
Snowman wrote:looks awesome, couple questions

what are your plans on a/c just a custom setup? cause the rack will be going threw where the a/c box is, and without the firewall you cant put it on left side?

just curious, looks good man, very good

His AC is going where the solid beam rear suspension and twin cam went. Straight into the scrap metal pile.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:02 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:
Snowman wrote:looks awesome, couple questions

what are your plans on a/c just a custom setup? cause the rack will be going threw where the a/c box is, and without the firewall you cant put it on left side?

just curious, looks good man, very good

His AC is going where the solid beam rear suspension and twin cam went. Straight into the scrap metal pile.

I relocated my AC to a box in my shed, it was an epic mod.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:38 AM
newt wrote:No JDM steering column stocks?

Your not JDM'ing hard enough, bro.

Seriously tho, that's the worst part of driving a RHD car...so maybe its better this way.

Every time I drive one and I try and signal....wipers....every @!#$ time.

That is exactly the reason the LHD one is going back in. I don't even care to look for a RHD one.

I've driven a few RHD cars before, I won't not like it. And let's be honest, this thing is never going to be done anyways... so what's to get worried about driving it?

I'm pretty excited to yell at Joe as to what gear I need.
Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:17 PM
Great work Jeff! Great work

Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:34 PM
I can't wait til you get a new sig image, that chick makes smoking even less attractive than it already is.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:39 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:I can't wait til you get a new sig image, that chick makes smoking even less attractive than it already is.

I'm with this guy. I lose my wood everytime I see that whore smoking that cancer stick.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:50 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:
Joe Schulte wrote:I can't wait til you get a new sig image, that chick makes smoking even less attractive than it already is.

I'm with this guy. I lose my wood everytime I see that whore smoking that cancer stick.

X3

Cant wait to see this come together...epic

Thursday, January 31, 2013 7:55 PM

Agreed, thought that for a while, just disgusting now looking back.

Friday, February 01, 2013 7:36 AM
Not much of an update as Ryan and I spent most of last night moving the '52 into it's new home.

However, I was able to source a new GM power folding mirror switch through work, which came in this morning.

Going to finish moving @!#$ tonight I hope, then the relaxed fun begins.
Friday, February 01, 2013 8:40 AM
I would be thrilled to have your storage space and my work space...

Friday, February 01, 2013 8:41 PM
Loving it so far.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 8:39 PM
Thanks, fellas.

Took the leap tonight and got the column bracketry mounted for good, as well as cut a gaping hole in my firewall.

Hard to explain what I have in store for the gaping hole, but it should (key word) be shaped up tomorrow night.

I also tossed the suspension and wheels back on and set the car on the ground again, needed some motivation.

Not much to look at, but the car steers itself from the wrong side now, so I'm pretty happy.
Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:13 PM
Stellar.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Thursday, February 07, 2013 4:03 AM
I love love love beard love the front, but not so much the rear.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:46 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:I love love love beard love the front, but not so much the rear.

I was hoping no one would mention the rear, it's @!#$ currently. The rear tire on the right side is flat, and the left rear tire won't seat fully. I think the rear is also gonna have to come down some. Basically what I'm saying is I'm no where near done with the rear.

Got to cross off a major line on my white board tonight, the right-hand drive, mechanically, is finished. PUMPED.

I then got to staring at the firewall, and decided that where the left-hand drive booster and other such pieces were, would look kinda goofy just smoothed out. SO, I started drawing... and then cut... a lot. I'm intending on welding in a flat plate with matching bead rolls like the firewall and other areas of the engine bay have from factory. Rather excited about that.

Pictures, for you.

I guess I forgot to mention I yanked the engine quick, too.
Friday, February 08, 2013 4:00 AM
looks awesome buddy.

Friday, February 08, 2013 11:59 AM
Making great progress!

Friday, February 08, 2013 1:36 PM
That's quite the project. That thing is going to be badass once it's finished. Even people who typically hate on J's will have respect for it being right hand drive and all. I'm definitely jealous.

Friday, February 08, 2013 1:58 PM
There's no :alright emoticon on jbo... so the will have to suffice.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Friday, February 08, 2013 2:21 PM
I'm just checking in here again to leave another helping of my seed then be on my way.

Thank you and have a lovely evening.

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that. Text or Call(908)866-1882

Monday, February 11, 2013 9:09 PM
Took the entire weekend off the car, was SO nice. Finally got motivated again today at work, and decided I'd start tackling that giant hole. How did I deal with it, you ask... I made it bigger.

Start:

Another one thousand spot welds later, voila:

Made up my template

Steel made up:

Going to have my cousin bead-roll it tomorrow, in a similar fashion to what is drawn on the piece of sheet-metal. Initially I had planned on bead-rolling it straight across, but if it wasn't completely identical to the factory straight bead-rolls on the firewall, my OCD would make my head explode.

Once the main piece is welded in, then I can made the rest of the fillers and hopefully finish this firewall up by the end of the week.

Also, picked up a set of Toyota power folding mirrors. Pretty happy!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:54 AM
Looking good, where did you end up getting the Power folding mirrors & switch? How much did they run you... and do you plan on wiring your own harness for them or do you plan on trying to find the harness to install?
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 5:43 AM
I call BS, you amazing at fab you make those mirrors too, just will never be genuine Toyota Cavalier.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 5:57 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:I call BS, you amazing at fab you make those mirrors too, just will never be genuine Toyota Cavalier.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:20 AM
i doubt thats what jeff ment obviously a genuine toyota cavalier would be an official one

hes meaning hes not makeing it smooth its goin to match the wife wall from one judgin by hes previous posts

JBO since July 30, 2001
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search