Quick 8 predictions....?? - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Quick 8 predictions....??
Monday, July 30, 2007 1:03 PM
Boosted2point4 wrote:chad i couldnt make anymore passes hptuners wasnt working for me that day and broke my iat sensor off.... best run of the day was a 14.2 @107

Sorry you had those problems, Still seeing your car run down the track was one of the highlights of my day. I cant wait to see what it will do when everything is perfect.

Good luck Sir!

Monday, July 30, 2007 1:47 PM

I ran my ecotec powered fiero, best i could muster up was a weak 15.4@89mph. I was getting a spit and sputter round 5500rpms all the way up to 6600rpms which hurt a little bit. It was my first time out at the track and I am SO glad it was at the bash, I got alot of help from everyone. Once I get everything good Im 100% sure I can get it into the 14s as is.

Monday, July 30, 2007 1:57 PM
Spp speedracer. Please give us some info on your set-up. I did not know you finally put the turbo on. how much boost were you running? That time is real close to your best on a factory motor (if not a little better) right?

FU Tuning

Monday, July 30, 2007 3:37 PM
cadwz24 wrote:The FI Quick 8:

1. SpdRcrZ (Turbo LD9) Best of 12.7@113
2. Devon (S/C 3800 3rd Gen) Best of 13.6@???
3. Chris Taetsch (S/C LD9 + 30shot) Best of 13.7@???
4. Brian (Turbo Solstice) Best of 13.9?
7.Jon Fisher/Airtonics S/C Eco best of 14.3@99 last round was a 14.4@97 though
8.Chad Gillies/Cadwz24 turbo ecotec best of 14.4 @99

I really shouldn't be on the quick 8 because Brandon ran a 14.3, but he stepped down, So i was added.

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Monday, July 30, 2007 5:50 PM
^^^ damn it, I didn't know you were there, I would have liked to have met you (unless I did meet you and didn't know it was you)

Monday, July 30, 2007 7:01 PM
John Higgins wrote:Spp speedracer. Please give us some info on your set-up. I did not know you finally put the turbo on. how much boost were you running? That time is real close to your best on a factory motor (if not a little better) right?

Some info.....

JMTS Header (Custom Tubes)
Garrett GT35R Turbo
Tial 38mm wastegate (getting swapped for a 44mm) w/ Open Dump
2.5" Custom Tubes Down Pipe (getting swapped for 3")
3" Custom Tubes Exhaust
2.5" Aluminum HOT side intercooler pipes
3" Aluminum COLD side intercooler pipes
30"x12"x3" Intercooler (anadized and painted black)
Tial 50mm BOV
60lb Injectors (getting swapped for larger)

Boost.... was running off of the just the wastegate, which is 7psi...... but in 3rd and 4th, boost would creep up to 11-12psi (highest I seen on HPT was about 14psi in 4th at 6800rpm)

It does beat the best of 12.8@110 I had on my factory motor (15psi), but I was also running Hoosier DR's (people who saw them called them cheater slicks), apposed to the street tires I ran with my old setup.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, July 30, 2007 7:11 PM
tom its cool, hopefully after i swap out the iat sensor and o2 sensor hpt will work correctly, otherwise over the winter im either going to rons ecu or putting the motec on

chad thanks, ill have videos posted if i make a good pass..... hoping to hit the track fri night at midnight madness at gateway if the car can keep a good afr.

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Monday, July 30, 2007 7:17 PM
Darkstars wrote:^^^ damn it, I didn't know you were there, I would have liked to have met you (unless I did meet you and didn't know it was you)

I showed up on Friday, I saw your car but never caught you by it. Also spent most of my time on Saturday in the staging lanes. It was much better once the weather cooperated. I really don't believe I should have been quick enough for the Quick8 but I'm sure better weather may have brought out faster cars.

Brian, that car sounded absolutely sick! Makes me want the turbo bug again sometimes

Anyone have any track vids with my car in it btw? I never thought to take my vid camera out of the car to give it to someone...

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Monday, July 30, 2007 8:28 PM
Boosted2point4 wrote:tom its cool, hopefully after i swap out the iat sensor and o2 sensor hpt will work correctly, otherwise over the winter im either going to rons ecu or putting the motec on

chad thanks, ill have videos posted if i make a good pass..... hoping to hit the track fri night at midnight madness at gateway if the car can keep a good afr.

so whens a header coming my way

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 12:00 AM
SpeedRacerZ Video

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=304859&t=304859

Because STOCK is boring...
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 6:03 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:
John Higgins wrote:Spp speedracer. Please give us some info on your set-up. I did not know you finally put the turbo on. how much boost were you running? That time is real close to your best on a factory motor (if not a little better) right?

Some info.....

JMTS Header (Custom Tubes)
Garrett GT35R Turbo
Tial 38mm wastegate (getting swapped for a 44mm) w/ Open Dump
2.5" Custom Tubes Down Pipe (getting swapped for 3")
3" Custom Tubes Exhaust
2.5" Aluminum HOT side intercooler pipes
3" Aluminum COLD side intercooler pipes
30"x12"x3" Intercooler (anadized and painted black)
Tial 50mm BOV
60lb Injectors (getting swapped for larger)

Boost.... was running off of the just the wastegate, which is 7psi...... but in 3rd and 4th, boost would creep up to 11-12psi (highest I seen on HPT was about 14psi in 4th at 6800rpm)

It does beat the best of 12.8@110 I had on my factory motor (15psi), but I was also running Hoosier DR's (people who saw them called them cheater slicks), apposed to the street tires I ran with my old setup.

I'm glad you are boosted again!!! Even with the tires you still puled more MPH (which shows the power you are making). I'm assuming you used the GM reflash and tuned off of that with HPT? Can wait until you get it tuned and some numbers.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 8:45 AM
yea, started with the GM reflash and adj. for my injectors. The only thing Tom really touched was my Fueling, he hasnt touched the Timing yet (so still running the stock S/C Reflash Timing Maps)

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:06 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:yea, started with the GM reflash and adj. for my injectors. The only thing Tom really touched was my Fueling, he hasnt touched the Timing yet (so still running the stock S/C Reflash Timing Maps)

And i was just trying to make it safe. Not make more power. That damn gt35 flows way too much @!#$ air.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 2:57 AM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:That figures. Get a good track and better location for 2008 and I bet you get a lot more people with HiPo cars.

pay the 3k cost overtop of what this one cost I'd be glad to host at norwalk hmmm 1700.....5000+ math is easy for me

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 7:06 AM
I didnt think the track was bad besides the far lane feeling extremely floaty right towards the end not sure if it bothered anyone else or not but it scared the hell out of me. It was small enough we all had our own space and didnt have a @!#$ load of other people to deal with (for the most part). Cannot wait for next year!

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 9:00 AM
Club 136! (DTP) wrote:
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:That figures. Get a good track and better location for 2008 and I bet you get a lot more people with HiPo cars.

pay the 3k cost overtop of what this one cost I'd be glad to host at norwalk hmmm 1700.....5000+ math is easy for me

I'm not fronting anything. There's a reason I didn't plan a huge event or try and get my own track for my little meet. Not worth the time or money when hardly anyone shows up.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Wednesday, August 01, 2007 9:12 AM
Come to mission, 33ft.

- Paul

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 9:35 AM
Fast Fosgate wrote:I didnt think the track was bad besides the far lane feeling extremely floaty right towards the end not sure if it bothered anyone else or not but it scared the hell out of me. It was small enough we all had our own space and didnt have a @!#$ load of other people to deal with (for the most part). Cannot wait for next year!

That was my lane of choice all day!!! I did hear a few guys complain about it...... but I loved it

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 3:42 PM
... not when you ran me HA

Stock Quad-4 FTW!!

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 7:16 PM
ok, so my first run was the left lane....... you got me.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 7:23 PM
and the secound time, i said for you to try the right lane... and i ran the 13.7..HA

anyway, we need to haze Tommy for not taking off your limiter.

BAD TOM BAD!

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 7:23 PM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:
Club 136! (DTP) wrote:

I'm not fronting anything. There's a reason I didn't plan a huge event or try and get my own track for my little meet. Not worth the time or money when hardly anyone shows up.

I had 80 cars or so...I won't complain. Didn't even lose money...pretty much broke even.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 7:28 PM
I think this is the first time in a while a J meet broke even then. Congrats man.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Thursday, August 02, 2007 6:08 PM
the track surface was... in all seriousness horrible. it needs to be resurfaced very very badly

the crew seemed unwilling to water down for guys running drag radials and a few on slicks (I was one of them on DRs) which pissed me off because I couldn't heat my tires up properly.

however, the owner was extremely cooperative and let us continue to run past our curfew to finish our quick 8 competition, so he gets a lot of props from me in that aspect.

all we need is a nice fresh SMOOTH track surface and I would race at 42 every year

Thursday, August 02, 2007 7:17 PM
I wasnt to concerned about the track surface, since I wasnt there to run my best times ever...... and as long as we all had to run the same track, seemed fine to me. For $10, you cant beat it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search