Quick 8 predictions....?? - Page 4 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Quick 8 predictions....??
Sunday, August 05, 2007 7:08 PM
cheaper hotel would definetly be a plus.. it was $402 for 3 nights

regardless I'll be back either way

Sunday, August 05, 2007 9:14 PM
Well me and my car talked and i got b#$# out because i didnt run at the bash this year. well we will see how no gas for a week works and who wins that battle. But tonight i put my key in her slot and we went for a ride so i think we are ok for a while.

For those of you who dont want to read, here are cliff notes.

Track sucked. most werent happy with it, some were.
Price was right for the track, Paul broke even and they worked with us the full extent.
People were there for the people not to set records.
Hotel was expensive.
Location is staying the same.
99% had fun.
excellent caliber of cars and people.
95% were boosted. im in the 5% that wasnt.
Most who were there this year will be back next year.

That about sums it up. I will drive the same distance again next year and help out again as much as i can.

For all the people who dont like how it went or if you werent even there and complaining... Make your own bash. Paul has a good thing going here so dont ruin it with your own lazyness or ignorance of the matter. He went out on a limb invested a lot of time and money to get this running and was VERY successful. so what we didnt have 500 cars. we had 80 or so. but it was all civilized and very well behaved. so if you want to complain, do it somewhere else. of course this is the org and we all see too much of it anyway.

Monday, August 06, 2007 10:54 AM
just to clarify my standpoint.. the track surface was far from ideal, but overall I think it was a great experience. I like the 'oulaw' tracks better. a big facility like indy or englishtown is just a drag... they're too busy, too stuck up, and too expensive.

I wish you guys had a track like atco out there... the place is friendly, cheap, and excellent conditions.

maybe we can all grab a bucket and broom and pave 42
if it was smooth I would have absolutely zero complaints.

but I reiterate, despite the bumpyness... overall 42 was enjoyable and I will be racing next year

Monday, August 06, 2007 11:07 AM
I don't know the logistics of planning the event and all the details so where the event ends up is where it ends up. I'm not planning or running the event so I do give props to Paul for puting it on. There are some who come for the car show, some who come for racing, some who come for both, and some who come just to be there. I wasn't on the track but from what I hear about the track prep and the bumpy-ness, the handful of cars that are running MPH in the 110's+ may not want to show up because they can't show what they got. I know Suncavi if he still is planning to run 10's, Raven, and Ryne will be running in the 120's if not faster and I would hope to be in the 140's or faster and that puts the high power cars into danger. I am one of the guys who show up for the racing with fellow J's but if I'm in danger of getting loose down track then I don't wanna risk damaging the car or getting hurt. As I said, it ends up where it ends up and if it happens to be at 42, that's that. I know that there is a shootout for DSMs/Mitsubishi motors at Norwalk. If Ohio seems to be the place where the most people show up, could we look into Norwalk and see what it takes to get there?

Street-Legal 2003 Sunfire 10.58 @ 139 MPH
Monday, August 06, 2007 12:55 PM
Ben Wenzel Jr wrote:Pffft on the springs

Its a racecar, thats what PJ says, so if i put the koni springs back on then i could say "fastest street driven EcoTec" but i give that to PJ for now still have that bet going with your buddy Ryne for $20 that we will not go 12 sec this year, so im going to need every little thing that helps for now. I guess if the tuner bash was there again, i might put them back on, but prob not

-Ben

when I said "with suspension" i meant with coilovers or drop springs btw that wasn't a stab at you

besides, karo calls it a street car on allecotec, who am I to argue with him?

all I know is the skwirl is how I get to work everyday, and how I go over friends' houses, etc. its my only means of transportation

110,000miles on the odometer, and 40,000 with the ecotec drivetrain (still the same block from the swap)

<3 ecotec

Monday, August 06, 2007 1:09 PM
maby its time for a Quad-4 come back...

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Monday, August 06, 2007 4:08 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:maby its time for a Quad-4 come back...

Chris

agreed.

Monday, August 06, 2007 7:20 PM
KQ4!!! ok ok ok I confess I'm infatuated with jake's car.

Adam...I COMPLETELY understand your position. You guys have too much time/money invested into this car (along with anyone for that matter) not to mention your own well being and safety. I have full intentions of trying to find a better track if I can. There's no secrets here, I was too late to try and schedule anything with norwalk this season. I will be contacting Norwalk come november/december when they start workin on their schedule and see what a couple hours for 50-100 cars will cost. (we had 36 cars race this year)

I will also be hoping and praying that Mansfield will open next season (doubt it...but here's to hoping) I'm pretty confident they abandoned the project altogether.

National Trail isn't a bad track down in columbus either...I'll be in touch with them as well...if you'd like...I'll come back with everyone's pricing and we can all jointly vote on it, and I can tell you the condition of each of the tracks.

I do intend on hosting an autox next year, and leaving it open to the public (I figure we'll get 20 - 30 cars tops to actually autox far from home) If I can get over 50 cars from open public to race...it'll help pay for things too...and maybe allow us to go bigger.

Has anyone thought of finding ways to raise funds for a bash? rather then just trying to pay for it all with t shirts and admission? It's a thought me and Ben Wenzel Jr. was discussing and wasn't really sure how to go about it (my brain was tired at the time)

I got a lot of time to begin for next year...but...I'd like to know what everyone thinks too, believe me....your guys' input DOES matter. I know I can't make everyone happy, but I'll do my best to do so.

Monday, August 06, 2007 7:25 PM
GLD!!!

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Monday, August 06, 2007 8:11 PM
shut it 3rd place

Monday, August 06, 2007 11:13 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:GLD!!!

Club 136! (DTP) wrote:shut it 3rd place

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 3:45 AM
Oh man I can just SEE the look on Taetsch's face after that one lol...

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 7:03 AM
so could I I loved every minute of it

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 3:34 PM
i will ^%$#*&^ kill you!

LOL

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 4:01 PM
lol here's a starwars thing..

"When 129 thousand miles your car reach, run as good as your car do now? i think not"

Yoda FTW!

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 4:21 PM
Quote:

Has anyone thought of finding ways to raise funds for a bash? rather then just trying to pay for it all with t shirts and admission? It's a thought me and Ben Wenzel Jr. was discussing and wasn't really sure how to go about it (my brain was tired at the time)

Car washes.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 7:05 PM
John Higgins wrote:
Quote:

Car washes.

Haha, gotta find the cheerleaders first

Street-Legal 2003 Sunfire 10.58 @ 139 MPH
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 7:36 PM
thought of that..but I lack girls as well lol

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 8:22 AM
Club 136! (DTP) wrote:thought of that..but I lack girls as well lol

Cmon now. Im sure there girls around there SOMEWHERE!

Wait a minute. We could get Speedracers and Taetschs wifeys to do car washes i know they have hot friends hiding somewhere!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 6:47 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:lol here's a starwars thing..

"When 129 thousand miles your car reach, run as good as your car do now? i think not"

Yoda FTW!

Chris

umm...my odometer reads 148k

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 7:34 PM
.............. and you placed what!!!

OHHHH dident race....hmmmm what about every boosted eco went down to the little baby MP-45 LD9?!

you coming to import wars or what!

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 7:48 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:.............. and you placed what!!!

OHHHH dident race....hmmmm what about every boosted eco went down to the little baby MP-45 LD9?!

Chris

my odo reads 110,000
drivetrain is 45,000

I was beating up on a few of the boosted ecos too. and I don't have a supercharger

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 8:10 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (PJ) - BPU++ wrote:
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:.............. and you placed what!!!

Chris

my odo reads 110,000
drivetrain is 45,000

I was beating up on a few of the boosted ecos too. and I don't have a supercharger

And whats all done to this n/a motor you speak of ..... lots more then these supercharged cavis

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 10:29 PM
blah blah blah

my penis is bigger then your's!!!

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, August 09, 2007 12:46 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:blah blah blah

my penis is bigger then your's!!!

So thats why Jess is still with you

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search