Quick 8 predictions....?? - Page 3 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Quick 8 predictions....??
Friday, August 03, 2007 2:07 AM
I think considering the cost to run, and how receptive the guys at Dragway 42 were to us, that there was very little to complain about. Granted, I wasn't running so I don't know for sure how bad it might have been but still, the Bash has never really been the place to set records. I'd rather have a guaranteed bash that will at least break even so it can continue, than have a bash at a big fancy track be the last one we have (ahem... Indy?).

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said

Friday, August 03, 2007 1:10 PM
My Opinion

Unless the track is repaved i WILL NOT go back, the burnout deal and the track surface was horrid, cant do anything about the weather. my car @ 100 mph + bumpy track = UNSAFE. maybe i should not have the car so stiff in the rear, but still I did not feel safe.

see ya next year
-Ben

Overall Best times
60' - 1.857 (6/24/07)-(Drag Radials 205-50-15)
330' - 5.552 (6/24/07)-(Drag Radials 205-50-15)
1/8 - 8.690 (7/22/07)-(Conquesrt Radials 195-70-14)
M.P.H. - 81.87 (7/22/07)-(Conquest Radials 195-79-14)
1000' - 11.274 (7/22/07)-(Conquest Radials 195-70-14)
1/4 - 13.442 (7/22/07)-(Conquest Radials 195-70-14)
M.P.H. - 104.08 (7/22/07)-(Conquest Radials 195-70-14)

** ALL MOTOR **
* 181whp @ 7600rpm *
Friday, August 03, 2007 2:05 PM
stock FE3, felt smoth to me.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Friday, August 03, 2007 2:48 PM
the guys with suspension all agree the track was bumpy as hell. ben prolly got it the worst because of the solid susp in the rear

Friday, August 03, 2007 4:30 PM
still cut 2.0 60' times....

LOL but it did look bumby.... oh well.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Friday, August 03, 2007 6:09 PM
I think if it was moved a lil more west, more people would show up and there are plenty of tracks even in the midwest region. Indy, St Louis, Joliet and so on...

Street-Legal 2003 Sunfire 10.58 @ 139 MPH
Saturday, August 04, 2007 7:09 AM
Adam Hahn wrote:I think if it was moved a lil more west, more people would show up and there are plenty of tracks even in the midwest region. Indy, St Louis, Joliet and so on...
Word. That's a hell of a drive.

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Saturday, August 04, 2007 12:31 PM
Well i got my issues worked out the weekend after the bash ..... bash 14.2 @107, last night 13.0@117 still need traction tho...

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Saturday, August 04, 2007 2:52 PM
Adam Hahn wrote:I think if it was moved a lil more west, more people would show up and there are plenty of tracks even in the midwest region. Indy, St Louis, Joliet and so on...

but then again when it went from lordstown to indy, we lost at least 50 cars, and lordstown was J's only compared to Indy being open to J's, Cobalts, Ions, HHR's and whatever else we were considering to be a "tuner" car.

I think its more important to have it in one place every year, and be cheap enough to produce where it can be repeated, year after year, than to be at a better track or whatever. I honestly don't think that moving it more west would attract all that many more people. We could put it dead center, in the middle of every member, and people would still have issues with distance. It was a 9 hour trip for us from Jersey, and I'd still be back again and again if it were 16 hours. I'd rather have slightly fewer people, who are dedicated enough to the community to drive out there, than to have 1000 cars of people who don't really give a crap. At least if we keep it to one location, people can more easily plan for it the following years.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Saturday, August 04, 2007 3:31 PM
I for one would be up for it moving west. Other than the problems I had with my car during the time, the distance was too far for me to drive. About four hours more to the west and I'd be up for it. 11 hours is too far for me.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Saturday, August 04, 2007 4:50 PM
Hey Brian, you gotta run at GLD in the fall for some awesome weather. What was the sixty foot on those DR's?

O noes!

Saturday, August 04, 2007 5:55 PM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:
Adam Hahn wrote:I'd rather have slightly fewer people, who are dedicated enough to the community to drive out there, than to have 1000 cars of people who don't really give a crap.
A 30-hour drive is a LOT of dedication lol.

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Saturday, August 04, 2007 9:02 PM
people that live west....I'd be willing to bet....they'd prefer it farther west.

people living on the east coast....I bet they'd rather it be a little closer to the eastern seaboard since thats where the majority of the US population lives anyways right?

and I bet the people in ohio are lovin it being in ohio

strange how that works out huh?

It goes like this....I REFUSE to plot out a major track unless someone is offerin to foot the bill. You guys can say all you want (more people will show if you get a better this, better that, blah blah blah) Tim did, he got gateway in 03 (world class facility) and IRP in 05 guess what.....not nearly enough cars showed to pay the bill. In fact, attendance went DOWN. In 01 and 02, we pushed nearly 500-600 cars. Indy didn't touch that, neither did St Louis. Until we start getting solid turnouts year in and year out...I refuse to do a private rental at a larger scale more expensive facility. I just don't have 2-4k to LOSE.

The bash is going to stay where it is....I'll talk to 42 about their launch pad/track. I agree it could be better, but its what we can afford to rent privately. Norwalk is a nicer facility, however we'd have to coincide with one of their test n tunes or something in order to be able to run there. If we do, we'll get maybe 3 runs on the night....tops. So it all boils down to...whats it worth to ya? I had people complaining of costs this year (not many, but a few)...imagine if everything doubled to cover larger costs.

Bottom line is....I'll do what I can with what I got, and what I got right now, is the fact this place is close enough to my home I can coordinate it cost effectively, and use facilities within budget. I may look into other tracks in ohio (particularly mansfield if they finish building it, brand new facility anyone?) but thats too far into the future to look into yet. To those that appreciate what I do...and support it, THANK YOU! I love having you out, and we will continue to have a TERRIFIC time every year at our low budget facilities. To those that say its not good enough...fine by me, stay at home

Saturday, August 04, 2007 9:47 PM
$10 to race all you wanted. cant beat that. internet televised, cant beat that. good announcers and nice staging, it was a great place to run. very cooperative track.

Saturday, August 04, 2007 10:07 PM
The track was a bit bumpy but I'm used to worse (cough Lapeer cough). Had a good time, wish weather would have cooperated more. Maybe someone should coordinate a bash out West and Paul can do his around here? This isn't highlander, there can be more than one.

Either way thanks for putting it on Paul. I'm sure should you choose to do it next year you'll have a better idea of how it all works. Oh and maybe next year I'll actually feel worthy of the quick 8

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Saturday, August 04, 2007 10:22 PM
touche jon...I got a little somethin up my sleeve as well thanks for comin out...always a pleasure meetin up with JBOM...speaking of...i may surprise visit the next JBOM meeting

Saturday, August 04, 2007 10:30 PM
not a suprise any more. maybe ill run N/A next year? we will see how my car feels when that time comes. we will have to sit down and have a long talk like elanor and nicholas cage.

Saturday, August 04, 2007 11:44 PM
Smokey wrote:Hey Brian, you gotta run at GLD in the fall for some awesome weather. What was the sixty foot on those DR's?

1.9 was my best, after a "Great" burn out (no water though, damn water box guy!!!)

I agree, the bashes with the HIGHEST turn out where years with the crappiest tracks!!! I did love St. Luis and Indy, but that came at a hefty price. IDK why everyone makes such a huge deal out of the track. I know I come every year for the racing, but I also come for the people. When your on the track, everyones racing on the same track, same conditions, level playing field. So what if its not your fastest pass, I bet its not the fastest pass for the guy in the other lane as well. This track might have been bumpy, but that just means Ben needs to put some springs on the back of his car next year!

I'm happy with where its at, 7hour drive and all.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, August 05, 2007 6:16 AM
Pffft on the springs

Its a racecar, thats what PJ says, so if i put the koni springs back on then i could say "fastest street driven EcoTec" but i give that to PJ for now still have that bet going with your buddy Ryne for $20 that we will not go 12 sec this year, so im going to need every little thing that helps for now. I guess if the tuner bash was there again, i might put them back on, but prob not

-Ben

Overall Best times
60' - 1.857 (6/24/07)-(Drag Radials 205-50-15)
330' - 5.552 (6/24/07)-(Drag Radials 205-50-15)
1/8 - 8.690 (7/22/07)-(Conquesrt Radials 195-70-14)
M.P.H. - 81.87 (7/22/07)-(Conquest Radials 195-79-14)
1000' - 11.274 (7/22/07)-(Conquest Radials 195-70-14)
1/4 - 13.442 (7/22/07)-(Conquest Radials 195-70-14)
M.P.H. - 104.08 (7/22/07)-(Conquest Radials 195-70-14)

** ALL MOTOR **
* 181whp @ 7600rpm *
Sunday, August 05, 2007 9:11 AM
its ok ben....its way too early to worry about it now anyways...it'll be 3-4 months before i think about planning next year's event anyways.

Sunday, August 05, 2007 9:17 AM
Club 136! (DTP) wrote:touche jon...I got a little somethin up my sleeve as well thanks for comin out...always a pleasure meetin up with JBOM...speaking of...i may surprise visit the next JBOM meeting

My comment was not meant as a slam. The weather was not your fault and it was the first time you did it. There's always things you don't expect or realize that go on behind the scenes. Someone I know recently chaired an autoX. Flat out said he never knew all of the behind the scene things that you just expect to work or didn't even realize they were being done.

Looking forward to next year, and maybe I'll see you on Sat should you make it out. If you need a place to stay that could also be arranged.

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Sunday, August 05, 2007 9:43 AM
ben will go..... I know he will

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, August 05, 2007 10:00 AM
oh i know you wasn't jon...nothing negative was arranged towards you, you're DEFINITELY one of the guys who come just to have fun, and we love havin ya

Sunday, August 05, 2007 1:21 PM
Club 136! (DTP) wrote:people that live west....I'd be willing to bet....they'd prefer it farther west.

people living on the east coast....I bet they'd rather it be a little closer to the eastern seaboard since thats where the majority of the US population lives anyways right?

and I bet the people in ohio are lovin it being in ohio

strange how that works out huh?

It goes like this....I REFUSE to plot out a major track unless someone is offerin to foot the bill. You guys can say all you want (more people will show if you get a better this, better that, blah blah blah) Tim did, he got gateway in 03 (world class facility) and IRP in 05 guess what.....not nearly enough cars showed to pay the bill. In fact, attendance went DOWN. In 01 and 02, we pushed nearly 500-600 cars. Indy didn't touch that, neither did St Louis. Until we start getting solid turnouts year in and year out...I refuse to do a private rental at a larger scale more expensive facility. I just don't have 2-4k to LOSE.

The bash is going to stay where it is....I'll talk to 42 about their launch pad/track. I agree it could be better, but its what we can afford to rent privately. Norwalk is a nicer facility, however we'd have to coincide with one of their test n tunes or something in order to be able to run there. If we do, we'll get maybe 3 runs on the night....tops. So it all boils down to...whats it worth to ya? I had people complaining of costs this year (not many, but a few)...imagine if everything doubled to cover larger costs.

Bottom line is....I'll do what I can with what I got, and what I got right now, is the fact this place is close enough to my home I can coordinate it cost effectively, and use facilities within budget. I may look into other tracks in ohio (particularly mansfield if they finish building it, brand new facility anyone?) but thats too far into the future to look into yet. To those that appreciate what I do...and support it, THANK YOU! I love having you out, and we will continue to have a TERRIFIC time every year at our low budget facilities. To those that say its not good enough...fine by me, stay at home

I have to agree with every word of this.

My only dislike about this years Bash (other than my couple misfourtunes) was the price of the hotel. Although it was the nicest host hotel the Bash has ever seen, it was by far the most expensive. J-Body owners seem to be the cheapass's of the tuner world, a slightly better hotel rate would probably get slightly better attendance for next year. The cost of the hotel (over $400), food, gas, beer and the damage to my car altogether made the Bash cost well over $1,000 for me. If we could possibly get a slightly better rate like $100 a night if we promise to get X amount of rooms booked in advance it would probably help the over all attendance for next year.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Sunday, August 05, 2007 3:46 PM
the higher rate was due to poor scheduling by me, and doing it the same weekend as a mid ohio event....next year WILL be cheaper. However I had already announced all the dates and such so I was stuck with this date. That's another thing to be working on for next year

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search