12 Second z24 5spd $$$$????? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
12 Second z24 5spd $$$$?????
Monday, February 25, 2008 9:26 PM
Well I'm getting ready to leave for Wyotech and when i come back i'm going to by a 99 cavalier z24 and really want to make it into the 12's at least with it. I want this car to be full interior and every thing i want it to be a daily driver so What i really want to know is about how much money does it take to do this so i can start savin and i am going to do everything to this car in the future so If you guys can give me all the addvice you can and some Prices on @!#$ would you please

Re: 12 Second z24 5spd $$$$?????
Monday, February 25, 2008 11:03 PM
I sure hope they teach you what reality is. You are about a few decades from knowing how to build a 12sec Z24.

Quote:

mass air flow chip
Venom Control Module

Sorry let me rephrase this. You are NEVER going to make it to 12sec.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Monday, February 25, 2008 11:31 PM
Mfk-223 wrote:I sure hope they teach you what reality is. You are about a few decades from knowing how to build a 12sec Z24.

Quote:

mass air flow chip
Venom Control Module

go to school, learn, take notes, study hard. then come back and do some research on a mass air flow chip and venom control module for the 3rd gen J's

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:05 AM
its possible with enough money.. i cant tell you how much.. ive got 3k into the car and im nowhere near boosting yet.. cavs are expensive to get to those speeds..reliably(2.4 ). just get an import if you want fast.... cheap

by the way.. has anyone twin charged yet? ive seen a couple of integras twined with garrets and vortecs... but just wondering what kind of #'s we put down..

"Z24 Dustbunny"
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:19 AM
^ chase you can make those numbers reliably check out speedracerz old car for example. the only twincharged car I'm aware of is Josh F's j and cav's aren't that expensive to mod.....look into some other platforms like gto's and audi/vw subaru's......if you wanna play your going to pay.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 4:38 PM
Well i was going to get a new car not my 2.2 cavalier and Mfk-223 if you know anything it can to be done there are guy with the @!#$ 2.3 ho that are running 12 to high 13 do your research. Here better Yet Mfk-223 i will just give you ther info you need its called Quad4Forum.com. And as for you 99redz24 i no longer have that venom and mass air chip on my car

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 8:03 PM
buy an education (or at least learn how to work on cars) then you won't have to ask.

Until then, be sure to acquire the discipline needed to build, own, and maintain a 12 second car.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:16 PM
Chase Powers wrote:its possible with enough money.. i cant tell you how much.. ive got 3k into the car and im nowhere near boosting yet.. cavs are expensive to get to those speeds..reliably(2.4 ). just get an import if you want fast.... cheap
by the way.. has anyone twin charged yet? ive seen a couple of integras twined with garrets and vortecs... but just wondering what kind of #'s we put down..

I think i am the only one right now who is twin charged but this summer you may see more... but i wont name any names lol

justin stockdall wrote:Well I'm getting ready to leave for Wyotech and when i come back i'm going to by a 99 cavalier z24 and really want to make it into the 12's at least with it. I want this car to be full interior and every thing i want it to be a daily driver so What i really want to know is about how much money does it take to do this so i can start savin and i am going to do everything to this car in the future so If you guys can give me all the addvice you can and some Prices on @!#$ would you please

well i have spent $25,000 between buying the car, turbo kit, supercharger kit, built engine, suspension ect... and im hopping to see 12's with around 350-400hp on street tires though but from your other posts i think you need to learn a bit more about the jbody and maybe cars in general, before you take off shooting for 12's

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:34 PM
12.5@116 here with a 2.0 60 ft. mods in reg. im around 15k into the car. its forsale if you wanna buy it

12.5@116 2.0 60ft
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:44 PM
justin stockdall wrote:Well i was going to get a new car not my 2.2 cavalier and Mfk-223 if you know anything it can to be done there are guy with the @!#$ 2.3 ho that are running 12 to high 13 do your research. Here better Yet Mfk-223 i will just give you ther info you need its called Quad4Forum.com. And as for you 99redz24 i no longer have that venom and mass air chip on my car

You sir are a top notch moron.

Directly from Q4 forum : Join Date: Sep 2005

Let's go back to my post:

Quote:

I sure hope they teach you what reality is. You are about a few decades from knowing how to build a 12sec Z24.

Quote:

mass air flow chip
Venom Control Module

Where did I say that a 2.3 or 2.4 can't reach 12sec. Did you missed the part I just put in bold? Maybe YOU can't read. Killerquad was running 12's before you were even old enough to drive cars or even think about it. Zppr was running 14's NA, Brian is in the 12's, I was HERE on THIS forum when Karo made his dyno tests and posted the result. You should put some time in research. If you can't even write, understand and read what people say, you won't achieve much on your car.

You obviously are still a kid mentally and you are still in the dreamer crowd. Common sense owns you. Next time you try to f*** around with someone, learn a bit about them. Any guy with enough experience here about performance knew right from your first post that you know nothing about getting a car in the 12's range. Not even 13's.

I know you'll say "I just need to slap a turbo on it". That's every dumb kids answer.... Do you have the knowledge to do it or maintain it like PJ said? Not at all. So unless you actually know something valuable, don't post your crap about your going to do this and that. Morons like you have come and go on this site. I've seen enough of them to see them coming from miles away.

I've spent more hours working on my quad and researching than you have been here. I know quads from A to Z. You have nothing to teach me about them.

Chase - I checked your profile and stop buying little things that are crap. If you want to go fast, forget about the gadget and go with something usefull. We all do that same mistake at first of buying gismos like led lights and s*** but they don't make you fast. You want to go fast, build it fast first then spend money on whatever you want.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 12:06 PM
PWND

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Downpipe w/ Cutout | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |

Thursday, February 28, 2008 1:22 PM
justin stockdall wrote:Well I'm getting ready to leave for Wyotech and when i come back i'm going to by a 99 cavalier z24 and really want to make it into the 12's at least with it. I want this car to be full interior and every thing i want it to be a daily driver so What i really want to know is about how much money does it take to do this so i can start savin and i am going to do everything to this car in the future so If you guys can give me all the addvice you can and some Prices on @!#$ would you please

Apearently y'all missed the part in bold, he's going to school to learn about cars, and when he's done, he should have the know-how to build a 10 second car.

Caution: I have an odd sense of humor, so don't be offended by the things I say
MMMM, HIDs
Saturday, March 01, 2008 7:28 AM
I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU THE EVIL J.!!!!!!!!!!! well anyways guys i know its alot of time and work to get into the 12 with any car and Yes I'm 17 I have made mistakes in my life and i will continue to make them. Well anyways i know its not just as easy as a turbo kit i'm not f**kin stupid. I have never had a project car so i'm going to make my j my project car.!!!! You know you guys are @!#$s when i try and as for just some advice and help from my fello J-body guys!!! And We have a 69 ss chevelle with just a dish pistons smog motor with good heads is going to be running 12 easy and we also have a 406 13.3 to one compression motor capable of running 10.80 and My brother is (Mr Quad 442 HO) so we know what we are doing i was just askin for some parts specifics. You should read this Mfk-223 and by the way i NEVER said that a 2.3 or a 2.4 couldn't reach 12's b/c i know they can

Saturday, March 01, 2008 7:34 AM
Well ya answer this Mfk-223 Were did you start!!!!!!!!!

Saturday, March 01, 2008 10:59 PM
im craig. im using his jbo account to talk to you guys. this is BS!!!! you guys treat him like crap. way to make your forums look good. q4f's never does this crap. flamers!!!! lol anywho. you really outta know what you say makes you look like a dick MY2.3HO... yeah i know who you are.

justin is learning, and doing a damn good job for the knowledge he has already. he is GOING TO SCHOOL dumbass. no wonder he doesnt know everything, thats why he is going in the first place.

now, i can sit here and say this, because its what you thrive on. you live to mess with people. you are a DICK. thats what you are good at. now.. between you and your boyfriend zppr... idk who is more of an assbag. he brags.. you brag... its retarded how RETARDED you really are.

oh... hang on... i gotta go take a zppr and wipe my 2.3 ho. thanks have a nice day. (gives the finger on the way out.)

(dudes... really you outta spend more time ACTAULLY teaching the less fortunate people make their cars better, IN TURN actually making your forums better. instead you would rather brag about who's @!#$ is the best. WHO CARES???? really. if you dont want your forums looking bad it would be in all y'alls best interest to REALLY knock the stupid @!#$ off and actually accomplish something.)

now. really. be nice. and thanks to all the guys who didnt give him any @!#$. he's a good kid, and he is getting there. just had to step in and let you guys know what a bunch of losers you are. (gilles) lol anywho... thanks guys... and if you want to start anything with me i'll be happy to let you know what i think (adidasrulz_90@yahoo.com)

mr quad 442 HO- craig.

Sunday, March 02, 2008 6:14 AM

that is funny, ppl talkin trash to some kid who wants to learn something and gets FLAMMED for asking for advice and brings somebody that is well known up and it is the kids brother (lmfao), and the BIG BRO. gets on and owns every body, i guess i should start watching JBO more than i watch Comedy Central, or put JBO episodes on there.

Sunday, March 02, 2008 7:17 PM
hey am headin to automotive school but i cant pick which one is wyotec better than uti or vice verse and good luck on the 12sec car man!!
Sunday, March 02, 2008 8:03 PM
Well i have been to the WyoTech campas and its badass i will be going there in 3 months well personaly i would say WyoTech because its an NHRA backed school butt UTI is Nascar I Don't like nascar myself butt Do some research on your own and get back with me let me know that you deside. And Thanks for the support unlike some of the others around here

Sunday, March 02, 2008 9:51 PM
(craig)

not trying to be a dick guys.. i just dont like my bro bein picked on for something he already pointed out. you all know as well as i do, the forums are for LEARNING! how do you learn?? you make mistakes. he made a few, and you guys rip on him. (totally not cool) so... just do something productive and HELP each other. that would make your forums look better, and in turn make you guys look better. which is exactly the opposite way things are going. (its not about who's @!#$ is the best. its about helping out, and stating what you have.)

as far as i know, a 12 second z24 is not too unreasonable, depending on motor/trans setup, and how the susp. can handle the load the motor puts on it. (you would be suprised what good susp would do for e/t.) now for a daily driver, thats a stretch, but ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! you just have to know what you are doing, have a little bit of money, and be able to swing a monkey wrench... lol anyways... best bang for your buck, nitrous. on a high compression motor, nitrous is the cheapest, fastest go fast out there. flow better, more air, and more compression. (cams, pistons, bigger intake and exhaust.) we have (or had.. im not sure ) a guy in a 90 ga with a 2.3 quad ho (with a little work done) and a bottle running 12's. remember jake? (killerquad4) FAST! then, you shut the bottle off and run N/A. problem solved.

and if you can keep it all together, its actually pretty reliable.... so, he is going to learn, i only know what i know from experience and lots of help. then getting ripped on... (which coincedentally was the same assbag) i have learned to do something alot of people dont do. i SHUT THE HELL UP AND LISTENED!!! now, i know alot more then when i was a teenage punk running my mouth about how fast my car was. yes, the 442 is fast, but its not the fastest thing out there, and i know that.

something to think about.

craig aka mr quad 442 HO

Monday, March 03, 2008 5:55 AM
justin stockdall wrote:(craig)

not trying to be a dick guys.. i just dont like my bro bein picked on for something he already pointed out. you all know as well as i do, the forums are for LEARNING! how do you learn?? you make mistakes. he made a few, and you guys rip on him. (totally not cool) so... just do something productive and HELP each other. that would make your forums look better, and in turn make you guys look better. which is exactly the opposite way things are going. (its not about who's @!#$ is the best. its about helping out, and stating what you have.)

as far as i know, a 12 second z24 is not too unreasonable, depending on motor/trans setup, and how the susp. can handle the load the motor puts on it. (you would be suprised what good susp would do for e/t.) now for a daily driver, thats a stretch, but ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! you just have to know what you are doing, have a little bit of money, and be able to swing a monkey wrench... lol anyways... best bang for your buck, nitrous. on a high compression motor, nitrous is the cheapest, fastest go fast out there. flow better, more air, and more compression. (cams, pistons, bigger intake and exhaust.) we have (or had.. im not sure ) a guy in a 90 ga with a 2.3 quad ho (with a little work done) and a bottle running 12's. remember jake? (killerquad4) FAST! then, you shut the bottle off and run N/A. problem solved.

and if you can keep it all together, its actually pretty reliable.... so, he is going to learn, i only know what i know from experience and lots of help. then getting ripped on... (which coincedentally was the same assbag) i have learned to do something alot of people dont do. i SHUT THE HELL UP AND LISTENED!!! now, i know alot more then when i was a teenage punk running my mouth about how fast my car was. yes, the 442 is fast, but its not the fastest thing out there, and i know that.

something to think about.

craig aka mr quad 442 HO

everybody knows about killerquad... his car was not full interior (actually more like NO interior) and he wasn't even in a street car. just about anything can happen, but anybody who comes in here to ask what it costs to build a 12 second full-interiored daily driver obviously has nowhere near the knowledge to even begin a project like that. anybody who is running a time like that doesn't need to ask "how can I do it" or "how much will it cost".

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Monday, March 03, 2008 8:49 AM
buy John H [CavalierKid]'s car

its not worth wasting the 4 years of your life trying to understand

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, March 03, 2008 4:52 PM
Craig, I agree with you completely, I actually left the forum for about a year because of the douchebags that flame you for asking an honest question, I'm actually surprised that this site hasn't been deleted because of this. Its called respect, people on here need to learn what this word means. Craig, Justin, I have respect for you, lets see if its contagious.

Caution: I have an odd sense of humor, so don't be offended by the things I say
MMMM, HIDs
Monday, March 03, 2008 5:16 PM
I have over $30K wraped up in my Cav. due to several mistakes and rebuilds. The last time i went to the track I managed a 14.5 at 108.92. traction was an issue. On 8 PSI it went 13.9 at 103, with traction issues. If you want to make a 12 sec J plan on spending a lot of money and time. My car has tried my paitience many times, and currently sits with a broken trans, axles, and an engine that needs rebuilt again (one of the mistakes I mentioned before). You dont need to go to a big school that will leave you with no degree, to learn how to build a car. I used almost none of what i learned in school or from work to build my car. I asked questions about simple things to start with, then as my knowledge grew I started going farther. Start small.

This is the .org. Expect to get flamed. I have seen flameage on the Q4 forums as well so dont say they are so much better than this one just for that fact. And while Mfk-223 can come off as a dick sometimes (did in my thread before) he knows what he is talking about, at least what I have seen anyways.

Monday, March 03, 2008 7:29 PM
Ya will i'm not sayin that Mfk-223 doesn't know what he is talking about i just ask for respect and would like to get it weather or not i prove my self i Go to high school all day and have 2 jobs and still strugle with what i have along with tryin to save up for Wyotech and my expence of drivin around with my bro and Some of my friends on the weekend to hang out. sorry guys i don't have a full time job and the extra money to blow on my car like some of you guys do. Once again thanks THE EVIL J!!!!!!!! Well i have done some looking around on youtube.com and found a guy with a 3800 Superchargered running 11.5 so i know it can be done but i also understand that a full interior, daily driver is really streching it by far

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 6:56 AM
justin stockdall wrote:Ya will i'm not sayin that Mfk-223 doesn't know what he is talking about i just ask for respect and would like to get it weather or not i prove my self i Go to high school all day and have 2 jobs and still strugle with what i have along with tryin to save up for Wyotech and my expence of drivin around with my bro and Some of my friends on the weekend to hang out. sorry guys i don't have a full time job and the extra money to blow on my car like some of you guys do. Once again thanks THE EVIL J!!!!!!!! Well i have done some looking around on youtube.com and found a guy with a 3800 Superchargered running 11.5 so i know it can be done but i also understand that a full interior, daily driver is really streching it by far

Anything is possible with the right amount of money and time. Don't let these guys get to you.

Good luck with school.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search