12 Second z24 5spd $$$$????? - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 12 Second z24 5spd $$$$?????
Tuesday, March 04, 2008 10:23 AM
(mrquad442)

ok something a wise man once told me.

"some cost can be replaced by experience." - the almighty nukkinfuttz.

and with him going to a school like wyotech, it'll be pretty easy to fabricate things. yes, i agree that cost is inevitable, but! you can save alot of money by making things.

randizzle... dude. i agree, to a point. when you go into a project having NO idea what you are getting into, you have to establish a baseline. he doesnt know what motor/trans he'll use or anything yet, so asking is not a retarded thing to do. :\ i ask questions. and some not so good ones, the people who respect you will give you straight answers, not flame you. :\ FLAMING just shows your true character... lol by asking questions you will save time.

and just to give you all some details, (not to rub ANYTHING in, its not my style) but the w40 442 i have is SAID to run 15.1 at 92 box stock. i havent taken it out yet, but i will. i know justin talks about it sometimes, i figured i'd just answer the question.

i may live the j life vicariously thru my bro, you never know when i'll pop in.

thanks guys.

craig- Mr Quad 442 HO

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 11:25 AM
justin stockdall wrote:(mrquad442)

ok something a wise man once told me.

"some cost can be replaced by experience." - the almighty nukkinfuttz.

and with him going to a school like wyotech, it'll be pretty easy to fabricate things. yes, i agree that cost is inevitable, but! you can save alot of money by making things.

randizzle... dude. i agree, to a point. when you go into a project having NO idea what you are getting into, you have to establish a baseline. he doesnt know what motor/trans he'll use or anything yet, so asking is not a retarded thing to do. :\ i ask questions. and some not so good ones, the people who respect you will give you straight answers, not flame you. :\ FLAMING just shows your true character... lol by asking questions you will save time.

and just to give you all some details, (not to rub ANYTHING in, its not my style) but the w40 442 i have is SAID to run 15.1 at 92 box stock. i havent taken it out yet, but i will. i know justin talks about it sometimes, i figured i'd just answer the question.

i may live the j life vicariously thru my bro, you never know when i'll pop in.

thanks guys.

craig- Mr Quad 442 HO

How about you just sign up for your own damn account?

This site never ceases to amaze me..the kid wants some numbers..people don't have to be such @!#$s about it..maybe some of the people with faster cars could tell him what they have invested as several did, and they gave good answers..we all start somewhere guys..he's 17 and prolly doesn't have the parents that throw money into their kids cars like some people on this site. Constructive criticism works. Good luck with school and the build bud.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 11:33 AM
(craig)

YES!! thats exactly right. NEITHER of us do. we just started with different cars. now, my dad (my real dad, my stepdad is the one who gave me the 442) is all about helping us make our cars better. but he does it with know how, not with money.

and... hehe i might get an acct.. i just think it might be kinda wierd... mr quad 442 HO.. vehicle.. 442... platform... uh... hehe n body?? lol

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 3:13 PM
The $30K number I threw out there doesnt include rebuilding again. My parents havent spent a dime on my car, it was all done with money i earned at work. Now I have to find a way to save for a house since the car (among several other things) managed to drain my bank account. Start small, dont plan on a 12 sec car for your first attempt. by the time you are done paying for school you wont have enough left over to build your car the way you want it just yet. Just an idea for you, the average rebuild for my engine is about $2500.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 7:30 PM
thanks well i have thought about building a 3400 butt the best i have found is anywhere from 14.00 to 15.80???????? How come not any faster???????

Thursday, March 06, 2008 1:09 PM
Everybody's got to start somewhere. The best way to learn is to just do it. I personally would take the money though and invest in a better school. I haven't heard any good coming out of wyotech, but thats off the subject. Its possible to get a 12 second z, but its gonna cost money and take time. Also you can give anybody a 12 second car, but if they don't know how to race it then odds are they can't pull 12's with ares slim. If your serious about it, take the car to the track now and practice becoming consistent and learn the car. Its good to see more "young guns" on the forums.

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Friday, March 07, 2008 8:57 PM
ok guys... got my own account. this is THE mr quad 442 HO.

like i said, anything is possible, its all about drive and determination. you can do anything with a little money and a lot of know how.

my .02 cents.
Friday, March 07, 2008 9:44 PM
well one thing you should learn is that people on this site are @$$holes . . . not saying they dont have knowledge but as you have seen they can be ridiculous with responses. not all of us are like that and some of us are still trying to learn.

if you are going to school for this you are going to have a good knowledge base there as well

if you are going to do a 3400 swap or are thinking about something like that. why not just consider a 3800 swap? there is a much more powerful base to start with on the 3800 and if its going to be a true project car and your gonna build after school i would say go for it . . . dont really have nothing to lose . . . right?

i do not know nearly as much as i wish i did . . . heck im just working on plans to fabricate my own strut bars (3 point is much better than the ebay 2 points) but i keep working on the car and keep learning more every time i do

i cant wait until i have my 3800 . . . gonna be a lot of fun as well as hard work and a lot of stress to put into her but thankfully people such as raven and doublezed and john lenko are great guys and willing to share their knowledge so i can learn from there mistakes

best of luck to you in school!

Whats up people?
Saturday, March 08, 2008 9:57 AM
Well i still want to keep my 5spd and there isn't a 5spd tranny for a front wheel drive that i know of i know its alot more power but it there was a tranny that would work for the 3.8 i would do it butt i also wat to corner to so the more weight i put up there the more it will push the nose. So thats where i'm at and i know the 3400 is more weight in the front but i think i can make it work and the 3.8 is alot more complacated to swap. And thanks for the best of luck with the school.

Saturday, March 08, 2008 9:51 PM

Saturday, March 08, 2008 9:52 PM
ok so we had a small j-body meet and it was really nice

Saturday, March 08, 2008 9:57 PM

Saturday, March 08, 2008 10:01 PM
sorry guys i'm tryin to play around with my sig

Sunday, March 09, 2008 10:23 AM
a lot of difficulty the j's have stem from hooking up properly . . . you can build the baddest @$$ car on the block but if it dont hook your just wasting good rubber . . . in my opinion you may only have a 13 second or so car but how fast are you doing when you cross the line

Whats up people?
Sunday, March 09, 2008 3:30 PM
ya i hear you there

Sunday, March 09, 2008 3:43 PM
javis hildebrand wrote:a lot of difficulty the j's have stem from hooking up properly . . . you can build the baddest @$$ car on the block but if it dont hook your just wasting good rubber . . . in my opinion you may only have a 13 second or so car but how fast are you doing when you cross the line

14.5@108.92, not bad for only 10 PSI.

Sunday, March 09, 2008 5:55 PM
Thats pretty freaking good is that stock block???

Sunday, March 09, 2008 6:20 PM
are you asking about my car or mitdr774's car? cause my car isnt running fast as its pretty much stock . . . the only thing i have is a 2.5" exhaust and an air intake . . . oh and my car is an auto

my future is the 3800 with a turbo and the 2.2 getrag 5spd transmission does bolt up to that. it will be a built transmission to handle around 600 whp . . . some say not worth it but it will be a project that me and my friends can work on and its my passion so who cares what other people think

Whats up people?
Sunday, March 09, 2008 6:49 PM
that was with the motor in my profile (assuming I didnt get rid of it). traction became an issue. 8 PSI the weekend before netted me a 13.922@103. 10 PSI made things worse and I ended up with a 14.5@108.92. This was all done with 370cc injectors and an unmolested S/C program.

Monday, March 10, 2008 8:02 AM
well i was talking about mitdr774's car butt how is raven doing it b/c he has a turbo 3.8 and he was running 11's with it and now i just talked to casey and he is now running like 10 with it and 600whp and 600tq thats alot of power with full interior and a cage!!!

Monday, March 10, 2008 8:20 AM
Quote:

2.2 getrag 5spd transmission does bolt up to that.

so what year tranny is the 2.2 getrag? and its a direct bolt up?? b/c i have never heard of a 5spd that bolts with the 3.8

if you have a thread on this or any info please pm me it thanks

Monday, March 10, 2008 2:59 PM
the 2200 shares the same bell housing bolt pattern as the 3.8. The 2200 had the getrag from 00-02, before that it was an Isuzu. Im sure there is a thread on it but I dont really care about the 2200 since I dont own one and I hate the Getrag.

I was running on street tires and it was November in Michigan, at a less that decent preped track.

Monday, March 10, 2008 7:03 PM
how come you don't like the getrag???

Monday, March 10, 2008 8:02 PM
I break them way to often, the shifter is sloppy, its heavy, and if just feels horrible. I love the Isuzu in my 98. When I finaly killed it (it was my fault) I purchased a new one from a dealer and dont regret it one bit.

Monday, March 10, 2008 8:19 PM
there are some stupid people in this world

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search