12 Second z24 5spd $$$$????? - Page 4 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 12 Second z24 5spd $$$$?????
Friday, April 11, 2008 1:06 PM
HOW dude hope you fell very good about your self all you can do is bitch!!!!!!!!!! really good take some of my brothers advice and try to help some people out and not be suck a flammer

Saturday, April 12, 2008 8:17 PM
Am I the only that finds it odd that Justin needed to ask the JBO how much money it would take to get into the 12's when he could have just as easily asked big brother and recieved a more direct answer? I find that to be more than a little skeptical. But, anyways...

To kind of answer your question... I believe Ryne was running 12's with just a Hahn stage II before his rebuid (excluding transmission, suspension, and tuning mods). I'm not positive on that though. I also personally wouldn't call it "RELIABLE". You can essentially piece together a similar setup for the 2.4L twin cam. Definately get forged internals if you want to safely and consistantly push 280+ whp, though.
Monday, April 14, 2008 6:53 AM
ya well my older brother is only a month older than me he does'nt know alot about the 2.4 twin cam altough he knows alot about the 2.3 HO he has one and for about 1,000 i think he can putt his car it the high 12 low 13's i think don't quote me on that though

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 6:57 AM
justin stockdall wrote:he knows alot about the 2.3 HO he has one and for about 1,000 i think he can putt his car it the high 12 low 13's ... don't quote me on that though

Quoted for laughs.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:20 PM
justin stockdall wrote:Well I'm getting ready to leave for Wyotech and when i come back i'm going to by a 99 cavalier z24 and really want to make it into the 12's at least with it. I want this car to be full interior and every thing i want it to be a daily driver so What i really want to know is about how much money does it take to do this so i can start savin and i am going to do everything to this car in the future so If you guys can give me all the addvice you can and some Prices on @!#$ would you please

First off you cant expect everyone else, who have no stake in this project. to find you a price on building a motor to run 12's as there isnt very many who have done it themselves. Asking questions may be helpfull but it isn't actually a substitute for doing research yourself. You cant expect a recipe for a street driven 12 second cavalier as there really isnt one. Since your brother apparently is well informed on the go-fast game that may be your best bet to start. After you have the majority of that figured out you are in a good position to ask more specific questions that may not be easy to find in the search function of this site.

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search