2012 Honda Civic (Concept) - Page 3 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2012 Honda Civic (Concept)
Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:32 AM
MyKoup_owns_theZ wrote:Why cars are bigger? Security features I guess. 400 airbags,reinforced doors and roofs,anti pollution system etc...

That is why the new "Econo cars" are way less fuel efficient than most of the early 90' s cars.

My first car was a 1991 Toyota tercel and this car was so fuel efficient it was crazy. Pretty sure it would of put a Yaris to shame. My girlfriend's Versa is a pretty small burrito but it,s heavy as @!#$ and struggles to get a 28 mpg on highway. And it,s sold as an economy car while my old Cutlass Supreme with a 3.4L gave me the same MPG. lol
Couldn't agree more!

Thursday, April 21, 2011 12:48 PM
Yeah, I think it is pretty ridiculous that my Cavalier gets WAY better gas mileage than my Kia Spectra5. Especially since the damn car was marketed to get 34mpg, and it never see's that. Also the Spectra weighs about 600lbs more.

Back on topic, I still think the new Civic coupe looks too much like the older Accord coupe exterior wise. If you are going to do something new, at least make it look new and updated, not ripped off from the older styling of PAST generation cars.
Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:26 PM
Umm with the past comments today I fueled up.Got 5.4 gallons and had 171 all city miles unless my math is wrong 31.6 mpg.This is def better than my (now parked mazda trk 1987) got around 21 city or less(manual) and the old cav ran around 25 or so,but do not drive it enuff to know it today.It however would kick 34 mpg hwy all day years back.Oh forgot to mention I have a 2011 civic lx with the 1.8.Todays compacts are heavier due to safety,emissions extras,and car body styles seems to be the norm.Still want to see the new body style in person before I dislike or like it,pics are just that.

Friday, April 22, 2011 12:31 PM
Ron Love wrote:Umm with the past comments today I fueled up.Got 5.4 gallons and had 171 all city miles unless my math is wrong 31.6 mpg.This is def better than my (now parked mazda trk 1987) got around 21 city or less(manual) and the old cav ran around 25 or so,but do not drive it enuff to know it today.It however would kick 34 mpg hwy all day years back.Oh forgot to mention I have a 2011 civic lx with the 1.8.Todays compacts are heavier due to safety,emissions extras,and car body styles seems to be the norm.Still want to see the new body style in person before I dislike or like it,pics are just that.

My 2006 Civic was getting over 40mpg. Once they're broken in some, they really improve.

Quote:

Watching you parade around my bedroom in a thong was a little like watching sea lions mate.

Friday, April 22, 2011 8:05 PM
Yes I figured it will go up over time.I am just driving it,no haul azz take offs.Plus want to let it break in evenly no redlines and so forth.Still awesome compared to my trk mpg all day.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:19 PM

New Civic = old Accord atleast in coupe form. I think it's ugly, and the interior looks like an interior from the 80's. Not impressed at all.

Everything Louder than Everything else
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:38 PM
Finally saw a 2012 civic sedan the other day.I was driving on the hwy and noticed it and body wise just was not feeling the like factor.The wheel gap was not as bad as the pics but, ground clearance seemed ok.The rear end was the least appealing.This was my first visual of the changed civic and it looked to be a base model or cheaper with wheel covers,nothing fancy.I still want to see the more upgraded versions.I am SO glad I got a 2011 for the body style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:22 PM
^ I got to drive the coupe and sedan the end of April, and it looks like a generation before of the current model. Not sold really. The wheel gap was not GM style either, it felt durable, but the interior design was dated.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, May 20, 2011 1:38 AM
urban Online
Tiresome styling, goofy double gauge pods, unwelcomed interior hard plastics, and a wheel gap that rivals my Jeep's
Honda needs an enema.

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built xj  ( o   \[][][][][][][]/  o ) hid wj
Monday, January 23, 2012 8:38 PM
Please explain why a florida car dealer WHEN you show los angeles,CA for your location? I smell alot of b/s in your comments

Monday, January 23, 2012 9:31 PM
Ron Love wrote:Please explain why a florida car dealer WHEN you show los angeles,CA for your location? I smell alot of b/s in your comments

pst, spam bots are getting good these days eh?

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search