Buddies jeep i built for him - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Buddies jeep i built for him
Sunday, January 23, 2011 6:12 PM
Im all finished up putting his jeep together for him and wanted to share a teaser pic..... (btw i still have to wire the lights.)

Re: Buddies jeep i built for him
Sunday, January 23, 2011 6:46 PM
nicely done, now get it dirty

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Sunday, January 23, 2011 10:01 PM
very nice

Sunday, January 23, 2011 11:50 PM
watch out kiddies. hope he doesn't take it out side the mall. btw your more then welcome to pass his wasted money my way. but i desagree with the rest, looks like a ricer jeep.

Monday, January 24, 2011 2:02 AM
for me, it really depends if he puts it to use or not... is this gunna be road driven to be a poser? or is this thing gunna climb mountains like its supposed to

Monday, January 24, 2011 2:28 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:watch out kiddies. hope he doesn't take it out side the mall. btw your more then welcome to pass his wasted money my way. but i desagree with the rest, looks like a ricer jeep.

Huh? What is "ricer" on it??

Monday, January 24, 2011 9:27 AM
Rosario wrote:
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:watch out kiddies. hope he doesn't take it out side the mall. btw your more then welcome to pass his wasted money my way. but i desagree with the rest, looks like a ricer jeep.

everything put on the jeep looks to be useless nonsense. its like they went to ebay and typed in jeep and purchased everything that was listed. i use to WHEEL jeeps or offroad and hung out with people that actualled use them offroad as they were intended. i only see about 2-3 things that actually would serve purpose offroad. i'll post you some pics off actual built jeeps. the thing i laughed at the most was the want to be rock sliders bolted on the fenders.

google search of actual built jeeps

Monday, January 24, 2011 11:17 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:
Rosario wrote:

everything put on the jeep looks to be useless nonsense. its like they went to ebay and typed in jeep and purchased everything that was listed. i use to WHEEL jeeps or offroad and hung out with people that actualled use them offroad as they were intended. i only see about 2-3 things that actually would serve purpose offroad. i'll post you some pics off actual built jeeps. the thing i laughed at the most was the want to be rock sliders bolted on the fenders.

Douche of the year award???? You drive a cavalier that you think is fast with altezza taillights and a huge exhaust???? Now maybe we see different but I see a very capable rig giving the clearance and tire choice.

Thanx Charles
Monday, January 24, 2011 11:20 AM
and its from the pics better suspension then your supposed built jeep (the blue one)....

Thanx Charles
Monday, January 24, 2011 11:33 AM
Just so you know there is not a single part from ebay. Its a 6 inch long arm lift with 35s and 15 inch rims. There's about 10k in parts and this spring I will post some off road pix. Jr I would not have expected this from you. When I get home ill list the goodies so you can see this is not a lift for looks like your woman had to have.

Monday, January 24, 2011 12:24 PM
good looking Jeep Monkey......i approve

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, January 24, 2011 2:03 PM
Rosario wrote:

seriously? the only thing "nonsense," as you so put it, on it are the black accent pieces of armor on the tub, fenders, and hood and the headlight grills. the rock sliders actually do wonders for saving rockers too.

great looking jeep, nice work. what are the axle specs?

Check out my build thread!

Monday, January 24, 2011 3:58 PM
Rosario wrote:

Yes thanks for the pictures, I had no idea what a real jeep looked like...

What im getting from you is that because he didn't build an all out Rock Krawler his jeep is rice.

Not all of us need or use huge lifts. We still off road regularly.

But Speaking of Rice

Monday, January 24, 2011 4:01 PM
MRThompson looks like an idiot.

My buddie's mallcrawler WK has probably seen more off-road action than those silly references.

Monday, January 24, 2011 6:34 PM
Gears are in the works. Not really sure what he should go with. Lockers are something he is debating.

Monday, January 24, 2011 6:54 PM
Rosario wrote:

No "Ebay" parts there...

But yeah I do have to somewhat agree with MRThompson. There are a lot of people out there who "build" jeeps and the extent is pretty much just sticking trinkets from the JC Whitney catalog.
Not saying that is nessecarily the case here. Those jeeps never end up seeing mud either, because if they did most of that @!#$ would get torn off.

Here is the weekend warrior, and yes it contains Ebay parts, like the one piece Mosers and rebuilt T18. The frame has just about rotted in half over the rear axle so time for a little restoration this summer.

Parting out and for sale.
Thanks JBO!
Monday, January 24, 2011 8:56 PM
Charles (the haha one) wrote:
Rosario wrote:

Douche of the year award???? You drive a cavalier that you think is fast with altezza taillights and a huge exhaust???? Now maybe we see different but I see a very capable rig giving the clearance and tire choice.

Charles (the haha one) wrote:and its from the pics better suspension then your supposed built jeep (the blue one)....

yeah your right i get the douche award...... i'm guessing this is your jeep? if not why so offended?

now to the facts.
1. yes i own a cavalier. it is not my dd its a toy. no my dd is a 00 rs with 285k on it. i also own a 02 impreza wagon outback sport, the wife's car.
2. no i have never said my cavalier is fast. NEVER ask anyone that knows me and they will tell you i call my cav a turd. because that is what it is a slow ass econobox.
3.the altezza lights were on the car when i bought it 3 years ago. they were replaced with factory tails when i purchased the sedan and installed toyota cavalier tail lights.
4. i did not it was not capable. just said it was rice or gaudy with all the black accesories parts. just like black eco said that half that stuff gets hung up on stuff on the trails and gets torn off. to me that means point less.
5. i'm guessing you tryed to do some digging on me? since you are bringing up the jeep i owned. how do you know what suspension was on the jeep posted in question? i certianly can not see one bit of it, nor did i know it is long-armed and sitting on 35s.
6. finally i had only 3k in my jeep and it was capable offroad. thats all i cared about.

Monday, January 24, 2011 9:06 PM
Wrench Monkey wrote:Just so you know there is not a single part from ebay. Its a 6 inch long arm lift with 35s and 15 inch rims. There's about 10k in parts and this spring I will post some off road pix. Jr I would not have expected this from you. When I get home ill list the goodies so you can see this is not a lift for looks like your woman had to have.

sorry i have a pet peeve about people bolting on some parts and calling a jeep built. please do list the specs as i am very interested in finding out what she could do. obiviously i have soft spot for trail rigs and hope to see it put use and not wasted. btw ebay was just a name drop for cheap. you can actually get alot of good parts off there and not over pay for them. my point was some of the stuff put on there looks over done and non functional. i'm not trying to argue if it is or not. i have personally seen parts intended to help actually hinder the performance of a offroad rid.

Monday, January 24, 2011 9:08 PM
RuggedZ wrote:
Rosario wrote:

seriously? the only thing "nonsense," as you so put it, on it are the black accent pieces of armor on the tub, fenders, and hood and the headlight grills. the rock sliders actually do wonders for saving rockers too.

great looking jeep, nice work. what are the axle specs?

bingo. we have a winner.

Monday, January 24, 2011 9:23 PM
Rosario wrote:Yes thanks for the pictures, I had no idea what a real jeep looked like...

What im getting from you is that because he didn't build an all out Rock Krawler his jeep is rice.

Not all of us need or use huge lifts. We still off road regularly.

But Speaking of Rice

oh ouch you got me. yet another who knows me. let me check. pictures are to show better constructed rock siders and tube fenders. the tube extension on the originally posted jeep look like cheap thin bolt on replacements for the plastic flares. i can not tell on the rears so i did not comment on those. the lower rock sliders look very functional, i like. why waste money, have failure, spend money repairing it. when you could do it right the first time with quality?

glad you can dig a 9yr old picture out of my registry. you go dude. btw would you understood it if i said, "looks like a mall crawler to me."?

btw i can dig up more pics of that car and what happened to it if you want them.

Monday, January 24, 2011 9:26 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:MRThompson looks like an idiot.

My buddie's mallcrawler WK has probably seen more off-road action than those silly references.

yeah. i'm the one that youtube'd my car doing donuts in the snow like a high school kid after getting his license.

Monday, January 24, 2011 9:56 PM
well i like it.

Monday, January 24, 2011 10:01 PM
no after all this nonsense of e-thugging.......

Wrench Monkey wrote:Gears are in the works. Not really sure what he should go with. Lockers are something he is debating.

i personally would up grade the axles especially the rear if it has the dana 35. those things go boom very easily. i have had this happen to me.

what axles is he running. if they are the dana 30 front and dana 35 in the rear, i would talk him in to upgrading. if he wants to keep it on the lower priced side and have access to a good welder, he could go with a hp dana 30 in the front out of a cherokee and gear it with 4.10s. it bolts directly in no mods. the rear axle he could pick up a ford 8.8 with disc brakes. i know yards around here sell them for around $100 and you can get them with factory 4.10s. you will have to cut off the shackles and weld in the spring perch. they sell nicely upgraded spring perch and the rest of the mounts for a little more cash. this also gives you a chance to reangle the rear drive shaft. major plus to his setup is that you can go to the yard and pick up spare axles for dirt cheap. also he can get the big jointed axles for the front.

the next options that i would do is find a rear dana 44 from factory and bolt it in. i know they were found in the unlimited and rubicon and certain sports. this route is usually more expensive because everyone is looking for the easy to do it. it also is as strong as the 8.8 but more pricey. i'm pretty sure they still had the dana 30 in the front of the unlimited but i think the rubicons had the 44 low pinion front axle. sadley it is only as strong as the low pinion dana 30 with big joints. making the weak point the gears. the hp is perfered because of the reverse cut gears make them stronger. this is also experenced by the guy with the air locker. he had alloy axles and the big joints but keep blowing up diffs because of it being low pinion.

final decision is to weld in some dana 60/ one tons and call it done. down fall is lots of custom work and u lose ground clearance. so you have to go bigger tires. like in the 40 range.

for lockers the best bet is to go ahead and buy the air lockers. lunch box lockers are nice for more of a strictly offroad build. i know a guy that changed out the lunch box style to the air lockers and was very happy that he did. he also drove to and from the trails with his rig. also another plus is that with air style locker you know they are engaged comparred to the lunch box where they can engage and disengage on their own.

i can link you to all kinds of forums and write ups. on how to do these things above and other things.

Monday, January 24, 2011 10:34 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:no after all this nonsense of e-thugging.......

YOU STARTED THAT BULL@!#$. WTF dude?!? With your "That thing is rice, I know Jeeps, and these are real Jeeps" stuck up crap you spewed out, you brought every ounce of "e-thugging" on yourself. Get over yourself, dick.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Monday, January 24, 2011 10:42 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:no after all this nonsense of e-thugging.......

YOU STARTED THAT BULL@!#$. WTF dude?!? With your "That thing is rice, I know Jeeps, and these are real Jeeps" stuck up crap you spewed out, you brought every ounce of "e-thugging" on yourself. Get over yourself, dick.

no i just said it looks like jeep rice to me. learn to read. then was asked why i call it rice. so go ahead and jump on the bandwagon, because your a real winner. i wish i would of punched you harder in the balls at the 08 bash for ball tapping everyone. dick, thats right.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search