Cav trunk on 97 sunfire sedan - Page 2 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cav trunk on 97 sunfire sedan
Friday, August 06, 2010 4:34 AM
David Mulcahy wrote:Ok i want to put a 98 Sunfire 4door trunk lid on my 98 Cavi. 2 door. Ive noticed that the Sunfire inner tail lights dont have the back up lights. What can be done to put the back up light in there? Can the cavalier inner tails replace the Sunfires? Amm i looking at more work than its worth. I just want a trunk lid with no spoiler and no 3rd brake light on it i can mount and aftermarket spoiler. Sould I just keep lookin in the scrap yards and not bother with this CL Sunfire lid?

If you don't want the fire tails on the trunk, then either look for a cav tunk with no wing (usually sedans), or put the 03+ light bar on the trunk. Be warned, it looks like poop though.

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq

Friday, August 06, 2010 2:05 PM
Matt Littel wrote:altezzas are actually not chrome. euros are. the bo they came in was labeled wrong but I these are the tails i wanted anyway

altezzas most definitely are chrome. the name comes from the style of the lights used on the Lexus Altezza (IS series)

Check out my build thread!

Saturday, August 07, 2010 1:13 PM
slvrblit wrote:
David Mulcahy wrote:Ok i want to put a 98 Sunfire 4door trunk lid on my 98 Cavi. 2 door. Ive noticed that the Sunfire inner tail lights dont have the back up lights. What can be done to put the back up light in there? Can the cavalier inner tails replace the Sunfires? Amm i looking at more work than its worth. I just want a trunk lid with no spoiler and no 3rd brake light on it i can mount and aftermarket spoiler. Sould I just keep lookin in the scrap yards and not bother with this CL Sunfire lid?

If you don't want the fire tails on the trunk, then either look for a cav tunk with no wing (usually sedans), or put the 03+ light bar on the trunk. Be warned, it looks like poop though.

Can I remove the pontiac plastic off the lid and put my cavi tails on it?
Saturday, August 07, 2010 2:49 PM

Can I remove the pontiac plastic off the lid and put my cavi tails on it?

If you want to use the Sunfire Sedan outer taillights and trunk panel, your only option for reverse lights is to get some aftermarket lights and mount them somewhere on the rear of the car and wire them up to work as reverse lights. Or you could just go without reverse lights like a few on here have done.

The Sunfire Sedan inner taillights are part of the whole trunk panel so no, you can't just replace them with the Cavalier inner taillights. You could use the outer Cavalier taillights but it wouldn't look right because they look completely different from the Sunfire Sedan outer taillights.

Yes, you are looking at more work than it's worth, unless you decide to just go without reverse lights.

There are plenty of Cavalier trunk lids that are spoiler-less. They shouldn't be that hard to find in a junkyard. This would be the easiest route for you to go.

Well... you could remove the Sunfire Sedan trunk panel and put Cavalier taillights in it, but there are a bunch of holes under the Sunfire Sedan trunk panel which would need to be welded shut, so you may as well just get a Cavalier trunk lid.

Here is a picture of the rear end of a Sunfire Sedan for reference:

Sunday, August 08, 2010 11:29 AM
Ok so the sunfire lid far more work than im looking for .......thanks for all the feedback guys....ive gotten more here in a week than i did on clubcav.com....ima stick around here for awhile.....ill get some pics of my ride up here later today. thanx again.
Sunday, August 08, 2010 2:01 PM
Yeah, a spoiler-less Cavalier trunk lid will be much easier for you. Glad we could help you out.

Check out Car-Part.com to search for spoiler-less Cavalier trunk lids at junkyards in your area.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search