Immigrants, Not AMERICANS must adapt - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Immigrants, Not AMERICANS must adapt
Friday, December 30, 2005 8:09 AM on j-body.org
I read this and Thought I would pass it along as I agree with it 1000%

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that Our Patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our Population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to Our Country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a multi cultural As Americans, we have Our Own Culture, Our Own Society, Our Own Language and community has served only to dilute Our Sovereignty and Our National Identity.

Our Own Lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought FREEDOM. We speak ENGLISH , not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of Our Society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is Our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of Our Schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of Our Culture.
If "Stars and Stripes" offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with Our Culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is Our Country, Our Land, and Our Lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great American Freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE. It is Time for America to Speak up.

(Insert really cool picture of my car with some catchy name or slogan here)

Re: Immigrants, Not AMERICANS must adapt
Friday, December 30, 2005 8:11 AM on j-body.org
HERE HERE !! Where do you need me to sign at ?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, December 30, 2005 8:15 AM on j-body.org
Sounds about right to me.

Friday, December 30, 2005 8:16 AM on j-body.org
Hasn't this been done before?

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Friday, December 30, 2005 8:41 AM on j-body.org
Ok, I was all down for what he was saying untill he went into "we speak english" rant and the "this country is a christian country".

First of all, this country was discovered by muderous people who took over what they wanted how they wanted to. I don't care what anyone says, columbus was either a murderer or a conspirator to murder.

Second, the whole we speak english crap...that's nothing more than ignorance. Do you think that every person who came to America from those other countries who were "searching for freedom of religion and persacution" were English speaking? Columbus...spoke Italian. The spanish were also heavily involved on the exploration of early America (before the name). Amerigo Vespuci...the man who we essential got our name rooted after...ITALIAN! Our country is rooted after an Italian man and we bitch that "we speak english".

The reason we speak english is because we had a strong influence from the British, plain and simple. Those influences carried onto our government, into society and into our books. For someone to say "this is America, we speak english only" is ignorant, plain and simple. Our countries history involves much more than the British.

Now the whole "America is Christian only" is crap as well. America is one huge melting pot, we weren't started by some guy who was Christian, spoke english and then all of a sudden 1990 rolls around and we are in an outbreak of people who speak different languages, follow different faiths and believe in certain cultures. It's classic "white america" who believes in the "Christian life is the only life", "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" and "Speak English or Get out!".

Now when I say classic white america, I'm not saying every white person in America believes in that...I use the word Classic because it's been whites of the past who believe in such statements. It's classic racists, sexists, hardcore religious & essentially hardcore patriots who believe in such a thing.

I love America but for different reasons. I love America because I am free to say what I want to say, do what I want and live in a society that I feel is just and safe enough for my well being. Being that I am a black man who owns his own vehicle, has sex with white women, has a mixed baby and works a very good wage is exceptional...ask someone who lives in Haiti or South Africa if they own their own vehicle or would date a white woman. There are some countries where you could be harmed for dating outside your race.

People should feel blessed to live in a country where we don't have riots everyday, genocide and we are not put down by our government.

My point is we should be more accepting to other cultures, not segregate them.

/end rant

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, December 30, 2005 9:00 AM on j-body.org
I agree 100% with NJHK. This wasn't "America" to begin with so "Americans" have no right to say what is wrong and what is right.
Friday, December 30, 2005 9:59 AM on j-body.org
one big hypocritical post

Friday, December 30, 2005 10:03 AM on j-body.org
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:Ok, I was all down for what he was saying untill he went into "we speak english" rant and the "this country is a christian country".

A little over the top but I agree with the gist of it.

First of all, this country was discovered by muderous people who took over what they wanted how they wanted to. I don't care what anyone says, columbus was either a murderer or a conspirator to murder.

Columbus wasn't the first explorer here. That would have been the Vikings waaay before him. I'm not THAT old so I can't say if he ever murdered anyone but it could be a safe bet he at least had a hand in it.

Second, the whole we speak english crap...that's nothing more than ignorance. Do you think that every person who came to America from those other countries who were "searching for freedom of religion and persacution" were English speaking? Columbus...spoke Italian. The spanish were also heavily involved on the exploration of early America (before the name). Amerigo Vespuci...the man who we essential got our name rooted after...ITALIAN! Our country is rooted after an Italian man and we bitch that "we speak english".

The country got its name because Vespuci was ballsie enough to name it after himself.
Hell I would have done the same thing.

The reason we speak english is because we had a strong influence from the British, plain and simple. Those influences carried onto our government, into society and into our books. For someone to say "this is America, we speak english only" is ignorant, plain and simple. Our countries history involves much more than the British.

You were doing so good up till here. My grandparents imigrated to this country from
one of those little soviet block countries with there parents my great grand parents.
Back then people were proud of their heritage BUT they wanted to be Americans more then anything else and that meant learning english. Mt grandmother would tell us how they practiced english on the boat ride over here and for months before leaving so when they got here they could be Americans. Being American used to mean speak english this is why you never had the " no speaka english senior" crap till the ACLU desided that we should all speak whatever we wanted cause its a right. Um, did they ever stop to think if everyone speaks a different language how the FU-K do we comunicate !!!

Now the whole "America is Christian only" is crap as well. America is one huge melting pot, we weren't started by some guy who was Christian, spoke english and then all of a sudden 1990 rolls around and we are in an outbreak of people who speak different languages, follow different faiths and believe in certain cultures. It's classic "white america" who believes in the "Christian life is the only life", "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" and "Speak English or Get out!".

Religion, your spot on Adam it should be whatever you believe in.

Now when I say classic white america, I'm not saying every white person in America believes in that...I use the word Classic because it's been whites of the past who believe in such statements. It's classic racists, sexists, hardcore religious & essentially hardcore patriots who believe in such a thing.

I guess I'm not much of a classic then.

I love America but for different reasons. I love America because I am free to say what I want to say, do what I want and live in a society that I feel is just and safe enough for my well being. Being that I am a black man who owns his own vehicle, has sex with white women, has a mixed baby and works a very good wage is exceptional...ask someone who lives in Haiti or South Africa if they own their own vehicle or would date a white woman. There are some countries where you could be harmed for dating outside your race.

Well you may be free but you need to watch what you say. if you don't think so go yell "BOMB" on the favorite airliner of your choice. See where that gets ya.

People should feel blessed to live in a country where we don't have riots everyday, genocide and we are not put down by our government.

I do and I agree.

Accept them, YES. Be made to have to speak their language to order a burger, NO.
If I were to go on a vacation to another non english speaking country I wouldn't expect them to speak my language so why should it be different for them coming here?

/end rant

Friday, December 30, 2005 10:04 AM on j-body.org
Damn the quoteing didn't work right ! But you get it.

Friday, December 30, 2005 10:04 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

if they move here, learn our ways, don't change them
although we do not technically have a national language all of our legal docs and money is printed in english, it is known worldwide that our language here is english, if you are moving here it is to your benefit to understand the language in which we use in our everyday lives. i'm not saying they have to leave their old ways behind or culture behind, but it does not benefit them to move here if they cannot understand a word of our language.

Friday, December 30, 2005 10:47 AM on j-body.org
i say u move here learn the language ENGLISH, religion is you own thing if you don't like someone elses beliefs IGNORE them. When you migrate/move YOU adapt not your surroundings.

This post is brought to you by a non racist, i hate everybody equally

Friday, December 30, 2005 11:06 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Damn the quoteing didn't work right ! But you get it.

Actually could you do it again?

---

Friday, December 30, 2005 11:08 AM on j-body.org
This "speak english" thing is tired. It's been proven over and over that immigrants MAY learn english, but almost guaranteed that their kids will, and totally guaranteed their grandkids will.

This "speak english" problem lasts all of one generation per immigrant family.

Get over it.

---

Friday, December 30, 2005 11:10 AM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:
Jackalope wrote:Damn the quoteing didn't work right ! But you get it.

Actually could you do it again?

Friday, December 30, 2005 11:11 AM on j-body.org
Isn't the national motto: E pluribus unum? (From many, One)

The Puritans were booted out of England... for being TOO UPTIGHT.

The Language first spoken in North America was about 75 different tongues, and thanks to the laying waste to 98% of the Indian tribes, French was spoken in more areas in North America than anything (gotta love the fur trade), until the brits formally established colonies.

English is spoken by some, but you Americans need to learn to spell, speak, and read it first. There are far too many U's left out, mispronunciations, and bastardisation of the language with colloquialisms, it won't do.

That kind of talk is from an unsophisticate, and I'd venture ignorant person with a European last name. I just wonder what got the guy pissed enough to write something that impotently angry. It's the same BS I hear from a white Christian that gets their undies in a bunch about Christmas. Guess what, there ARE more than one religion in the world, and they DO have festivities at the same time of year as Christmas... if someone says happy holidays, extricate the broom stick from your anal canal and say thanks, and be on your way. It's the same ignorance that I see from people that can't accept that there are other people that have a different religion, or no religion at all, and get ferclempt about it when these people aren't doing anything wrong! If you want to see that kind of junk gone berserk, go to a place like China, like Saudi Arabia, or Israel.

I just have to laugh when I see something like that, and yet, you can say with a straight face that you're living in the land of the free...

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, December 30, 2005 11:23 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

This "speak english" problem lasts all of one generation per immigrant family.

One of the few accurate posts in this thread...

It's people like the OP that make me hate this country. I am outta here soon, you won't have to look at my immigrant ass anymore.

Friday, December 30, 2005 11:36 AM on j-body.org
Also, the "In God We Trust" >slogan< was in fact, adopted by right wing anti-communists in the Macarthy Era. This is clearly documented. Also, the inclusion of "under God" in the pledge of allegiance (sp? I'm tired) was instituted at the same time.

It's funny because you can't have overwhelmingly Christian sayings, ideaology, and symbols, and call it a multi-cultural country. That's one time dichotomy is not applicable.

Friday, December 30, 2005 11:38 AM on j-body.org
Seriously, why are Americans so intolerant of other languages and cultures? What are you guys afraid of? There's an equal or greater mixing pot in Canada but I have never heard a Canadian say anything like "This is Canada, learn English!"...

Except Quebec, Quebec sucks

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Friday, December 30, 2005 11:43 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

Seriously, why are Americans so intolerant of other languages and cultures?

Because people like this are afraid of unknown things. People like this need to step out of their small box which is the U.S.A. You have no idea how better and more comfortable the atmosphere is in most developed European countries. It just feels better to be there, people don't look at you weird because you speak another language...

Friday, December 30, 2005 11:52 AM on j-body.org
Glace: I've been to Montreal and Quebec City, and you can find a LOT of people that speak both languages... I can speak French with some fluidity, and can pretty much understand basic french (some of the nuances of joile are a little odd)... it's just a courtesy, you have to learn about both sides of the fence to really figure out where you really stand.

And, there's a lot of french spoken outside Quebec

Friday, December 30, 2005 11:54 AM on j-body.org
No, Its because if I want to order a burger I shouldn't have to point at a picture to try to explain what I want.

If I went to their country on vacation I would make ever effort to try to speak the language. What I'm tired of is the people who don't even try to learn. If your trying I'll do my DAMNDEST to try and figure out what you mean. But I can't stand the ones that walk up to me and start speaking spanish like I should KNOW how to. Hey you jumped the fence to get here so why should I know your language ?

Friday, December 30, 2005 12:03 PM on j-body.org
UpstateNyZ24 wrote:
Quote:

Seriously, why are Americans so intolerant of other languages and cultures?

Because people like this are afraid of unknown things. People like this need to step out of their small box which is the U.S.A. You have no idea how better and more comfortable the atmosphere is in most developed European countries. It just feels better to be there, people don't look at you weird because you speak another language...

nas said it best

Nas wrote:N****s fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer
Guess it's just the fury of man

Friday, December 30, 2005 12:06 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Glace: I've been to Montreal and Quebec City, and you can find a LOT of people that speak both languages... I can speak French with some fluidity, and can pretty much understand basic french (some of the nuances of joile are a little odd)... it's just a courtesy, you have to learn about both sides of the fence to really figure out where you really stand.

Ya, I've been to both. My family and I were worried the first time we were in Montreal because we had the munchies and we were worried about ordering at Harvies since none of us spoke (passable) French. Pretty amazed that people there spoke perfect English...

Friday, December 30, 2005 12:09 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Jackalope Online
Today 12:54 PM

No, Its because if I want to order a burger I shouldn't have to point at a picture to try to explain what I want.

Thank you thats all im sayin LOL

Look I odn't mind other cultures, religions, or languages all im asking is why shouold I have to learn your language to get a burger? Why should I have to say happy holidays cause your jewish? WHy can't I have a Christmas Tree in time squarte and have to look at a sign that says Time Square Holiday Tree? I don't ask the jewish to make it a holiday candle holder cause i dont recognize the menorah.

(Insert really cool picture of my car with some catchy name or slogan here)
Friday, December 30, 2005 12:30 PM on j-body.org
As far as languages are concerned Im kinda 50/50 on. I think its ignorant either way you slice it, somebodys is being told to learn a different language.
But with religion, it doesnt seem like there really making anybody become a different religion just because it says 'In god we trust'.

What I took from that passage was that its not fair to make a majority of the country change there lifestyle to please a smaller portion. It just doesnt seem right to me personally.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search