Bush has made us Safer.... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bush has made us Safer....
Friday, February 10, 2006 8:42 AM on j-body.org
What's your response to this letter. It was written in the opinion section of the local newspaper.

The President Has Made Us Safer

I would like to thank President Bush for doing everything possible to make my family, friends and country safer.

His strong leadership as commander-in-chief has made a tremendous difference for our nation and the world.

He has aggressively pursued a dangerous enemy who is bent on destroying my family and our way of life.

As a retired Air Force officer of more than 20 years who recently moved to Houston to become a part of the space program, I can give first-hand testimony to the super job President Bush has done for our military.

The situation was particularly rough for the military during the last Democratic administration.

The previous administration disgraced, weakened and abused the military.

It was a tough time to serve with the president embarrassing himself and our nation. However, the joy of electing President Bush has proven to be even better than hoped.

The military has never been in better shape then it is under the current administration. You have my family’s and friends’ complete support for protecting our country.

God bless you, Mr. President, and continue the courageous leadership.

Michael A. Dodds

"Speak the truth, and leave immediately after"
"The urge to save Humanity is almost ALWAYS a false front for the urge to rule"
"He who knoweth things as they are and not as they are said or seem to be, he truly is wise, and is taught of God more than of men."

Re: Bush has made us Safer....
Friday, February 10, 2006 8:48 AM on j-body.org
My Response?

"BULL....@!#$!"

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, February 10, 2006 9:21 AM on j-body.org
I'm with Keeper on this.. It's BS..

The US started making enemies in the middle east way back in the late 40s but the 70s and 80s really help cement the hatred (operation Iron Fist in lebanon certainly did not help). They ignored the Isreali attack on the USS Liberty and made themselves out to be Isreali stooges, and that was troubling, but now.. Oh my... Bush has taken a bad situation and made it many many timer worse. New crop of enemies are springing up all over the world. Do you think Muslims in Asia really gave much thought to the US before the incursion? How about now. What about non-muslims who just hate bullies? What about .. Oh heck, the list is just too long.

I'm not saying the US didn't have enemies before Bush, but I am convinced it has many more now.

PAX
Friday, February 10, 2006 9:28 AM on j-body.org
I was waiting for the joke at the end of this......but nothing. Puppets.

Friday, February 10, 2006 9:52 AM on j-body.org
yeah i totally thought it was going to be a joke.

but i guess the fact that someone actually thinks that IS the joke

and that IS quite funny

and sad

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Friday, February 10, 2006 10:02 AM on j-body.org
I feel the need to hit something...
Chamillionaire wrote:What's your response to this letter. It was written in the opinion section of the local newspaper.

The President Has Made Us Safer

I would like to thank President Bush for doing everything possible to make my family, friends and country safer.

Until the next time some terrorist group gets fed up with the US screwing up the mid east more than they've done to themselves. Then it's open season on the US.

Quote:

His strong leadership as commander-in-chief has made a tremendous difference for our nation and the world.

Not a positive difference, but a difference. Yes, overthrow a governent, blow up half a country, that's a difference.

Quote:

He has aggressively pursued a dangerous enemy who is bent on destroying my family and our way of life.

Well, check the other thread in the war forum about people's beliefs if China could "destroy our way of life".
If the general concensus is that China couldn't, a bass-ackward country like Iraq couldn't.

Quote:

As a retired Air Force officer of more than 20 years who recently moved to Houston to become a part of the space program, I can give first-hand testimony to the super job President Bush has done for our military.

Didn't Bush hide out during the war? I seem to remember hearing something about that...

Quote:

The situation was particularly rough for the military during the last Democratic administration.

The previous administration disgraced, weakened and abused the military.

The terrorists who blew a piece of the USS Cole were brought to justice.
Where's Osama?

Quote:

It was a tough time to serve with the president embarrassing himself and our nation. However, the joy of electing President Bush has proven to be even better than hoped

My stomach just turned. I think I'm going to be sick.

Quote:

The military has never been in better shape then it is under the current administration. You have my family’s and friends’ complete support for protecting our country.

But who will protect us from Bush?

Quote:

God bless you, Mr. President, and continue the courageous leadership.
Michael A. Dodds

And by "Courageous leadership" he means "being a war-mongering bully".

Another "BUSH SUCKS" thread alert!!

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Friday, February 10, 2006 10:10 AM on j-body.org
This is going to be another Bash Bush forum.. I think the US way worse now than ever. I'm bracing myself for the next terrorist attack.

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Burgundy 2006 Saturn Ion - My winter beater
Friday, February 10, 2006 10:22 AM on j-body.org
Interesting. I'm noticing a trend. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Every Rep = the devil
Every Dem = best thing since sliced bread.
Cry all you want about freedoms taken away and how bad he is but look in your history book at FDR during WWII. All Japinese families thrown into internment camps, prison camp would have been a better word. Food was rationed as was gasoline. So many things were taken away from regular everyday people during WWII that you still have today. Don't be mistaken WE are at war. I may not agree with all hes doing but it needs to be done.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, February 10, 2006 10:32 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Interesting. I'm noticing a trend. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Every Rep = the devil

u must be talkin to the wrong people

its not about wether rep or dems are devils. cuz ALL polits are at least PARTLY evil.

it is about however, the fact that bush has not been doing alot of things right. regardless of if u feel what he is doing is "neccesary" it is pretty uniformly agreed by most people ive talked to that it could have been done MUCH better.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Friday, February 10, 2006 10:33 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

So many things were taken away from regular everyday people during WWII that you still have today. Don't be mistaken WE are at war. I may not agree with all hes doing but it needs to be done.

Its not the same... back then we were fighting 3 modern nations (Italy, Germany, Japan) and their allies over the entire world. Plus we had millions of troops and thousands of machines all over the entire planet.

While yes, we have small amounts of troops all over the planet, most of them are not even doing any fighting. The only nation we are at true war with is a third world nation that we seem to be having trouble subdueing... and its the oil situation that are causing gas prices to rise.

Yes it needs to be finished but Bush has messed the world up in the past few years and made alot more people hate us...

Friday, February 10, 2006 10:46 AM on j-body.org
Yes its a different kind of war and different sacrifices will be made. Thats what I was getting at.

And I know hes screwed up but hes also done good too. I'm just tired of everyone complianing all the time but noone does anything to voice thier concerns other then cry here. Complaining to me about how bad things are will get absolutly nothing done to fix it that I can gaurentee you. Go send a letter to your congress man or make a phone call or hell go to Washington and bitch in person! You all scream so loud on the org but do you do anything to change it ? Hell I'd be willing to bet most of you didn't even vote in the last election ! If you didn't vote YOU gave up YOU right to complain. YOU said YOUR not concerned with who wins so YOU stayed home. Now someones in office that YOU can't stand and you bitch about it ? Puhleez !! YOU didn't vote against him so you may as well have voted for him.

Quick poll: Who here voted in the last election ? How about the one before that ? or before that ? If you are old enough to have voted and did not then YOU have noone to blame for the current state of this country other then yourself.
So how many that are butching so bad voted? lets start counting. Oh but if you didn't vote YOU DON"T COUNT.

Friday, February 10, 2006 10:48 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Interesting. I'm noticing a trend. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Every Rep = the devil
Cry all you want about freedoms taken away and how bad he is but look in your history book at FDR during WWII. All Japinese families thrown into internment camps, prison camp would have been a better word. Food was rationed as was gasoline. So many things were taken away from regular everyday people during WWII that you still have today. Don't be mistaken WE are at war. I may not agree with all hes doing but it needs to be done.

Jack, I'm a registered republican. I'd be just as harsh with a democrat president who was as much of a bully looking for a fight.

Let's pretend that Bush didn't invade Iraq. What would be different?
* Saddam would still be in power. Big deal, read the thread about China invading the US. Iraq was not a threat to us by any stretch of the imagination.
* We may have actually found Osama. Maybe, maybe not, but we at least had a chance of finding him.
* The people who died would still be alive.
* There wouldn't be a war debt so large it will take 3 generations of US taxpayers to fully repay.
* Saddam would still be playing "cat and mouse" with weapons inspectors. And who cares? The US has taken over the whole country and found no WMD's. Rumors of WMD's, videos of WMD's being moved, but no actual WMD's. The only real fact regarding WMD's is that Bush apologized for being wrong about how much Saddam had in his arsenal.

Is the world a better place because we invaded Iraq? No. We could discuss whether Iraq is better off because of our occupation, but I don't remember reading the part of the constitution that makes it our responsibility to lead Iraq.

I fail to understand why the Iraq invasion "needed to be done".

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Friday, February 10, 2006 10:51 AM on j-body.org
Let me simplify this.

The title of the theread is "Bush has made us safer"

My response..."Bull@!#$!" I feel no more safe now than I did since Bush was given the job.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Friday, February 10, 2006 10:56 AM on j-body.org
Keeper, When have you ever felt "safe" ?

John, being critical is well and good but I'm referring to those who see eveything he does as bad and can not see any good at all.

Friday, February 10, 2006 11:09 AM on j-body.org
Bush has done some good, but, his administration has done more to erode your personal freedom, liberty and privacy than any other.

From what I've seen the good that has been done was purely by accident.

You are not, never have, nor ever will be "safe" until you're in a pine box or dust in the wind. You will not be "safer" nor will you be secure by allowing your government to intrude upon your life, unbidden. You cannot be made safer by thinking "I'm not doing anything wrong, let them do what they want."

Seriously, I'm not talking about Democrats or Republicans... I'm not talking Conservativism or Liberalism... It's about your rights as an individual, and your willingness to have them frittered away for the illusion of safety, and security.

Be vigilant against all enemies... EVEN ONES YOU ELECTED

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, February 10, 2006 11:13 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:
John, being critical is well and good but I'm referring to those who see eveything he does as bad and can not see any good at all.

I was critical of Clinton when he got caught with Lewinski, but only for lying. He's not the first president who had extra-marital affairs and I'm sure he won't be the last.

Carter was a good president, not because he was a dem or a rep, but because he strived to achieve world peace. And not by use of force, by bringing opposing parties to a neutral table to try and work out a suitable solution. Anyone remember the SALT talks? The worst that could be said of Carter was that Iran siezed our embassy there and took the people hostage, claiming our diplomats were spies. We've since learned that they were in fact spies.
Carter was also a deeply religeous man who made no apologies for his faith. After he left office he started working for Habitat for Humanity. Not giving speaches or having "Town hall" meetings, actually picking up a hammer and saw and working to build houses for less fortunate people.

I would like to have another president that I could speak this highly of today, republican or democrat.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Friday, February 10, 2006 11:14 AM on j-body.org
OH SH-T no woder its gonna snow its ass off !!! GAM just said Bush has done some good! Someone catch me as I feel faint all of a sudden.

Thanks Gam at least your seeing where I'm coming from.

Friday, February 10, 2006 11:19 AM on j-body.org

I'm not seeing the "trend" jack... so I'm going to correct you, because you're wrong.

Nobody, anywhere in this thread, mentioned anything about Democrats or Republicans, with the exception of you and the writer of the letter. It's amazing the way irrational, illogical people can take a series of statements or arguments and then change them in an attempt to manipulate argument at hand. This form of "argument" is called a straw-man fallacy. You're attempting to make an argument about something that isn't even part of the discussion.

The second huge fault in your logic is called a "two wrongs fallacy". Just because we have done something in the past, and at the time it may have seemed to be the proper decision, does not make it right or moral. Taking away someones rights or freedoms is always wrong, always has been wrong, and always will be wrong.

Sorry to point it out jack, but the only 'trend' that I see is your lack of reason and logic. Whether you want to realize it or not, this discussion isn't about Republicans or Democrats. It's about one specific Republitard. Let's try to keep it that way.

Friday, February 10, 2006 11:28 AM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ Ok fair enough I guess your right.

I personaly agree with the letter 100%.

Friday, February 10, 2006 11:50 AM on j-body.org
Jack--stick to the topic of the thread in taking my reply...i said nothing else on him except that if we're supposed to be safer (we aren't) how come I don't notice it?

If we are any safer, it's because we have more bull@!#$ trying to protect us from ourselves, and i don't cosider that safe or secure.

so, "Bush has made us safer" Bull@!#$.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Friday, February 10, 2006 12:13 PM on j-body.org
Ok, you guys are right guess I'm in a bad mood so please forgive me for earlier if I was ranting. Its been one of those weeks. Let me say this I don't know about where you live but a few years back here in Baltimore the FBI and local police with intell provided by the CIA stopped a plot to blow up the gasoline storage tanks in the Curtis bay and Clinton st areas. They made several arrests and deported those who they couldn't hold. That would have blown up most of Baltimore city and the resulting wave from the displaced water would have destroyed allot more. Maybe Bush himself didn't kick in any doors that morning but it was his getting these agencies to work together that did. Now had it not been for new policies enacted by the Bush admin me and my whole family could very well be dead right now. So Yes I feel safer and Yes Bush had something to do with it.
So I agree with the letter 100%.

And again bad day please ignore my previous ranting.

Friday, February 10, 2006 3:31 PM on j-body.org
Jack: as I remember, those arrests would have been made without the post 9/11 provisions... It's good, old-fashioned detective work, nothing less artful than that.

Also, the funny thing is that the military that Bush went into Afghanistan AND Iraq with... was Clinton's military. Cheney even said it himself.

If it weren't for the changes that were made to the military during the Clinton administration, from being a cold-war era occupational force, to a more rapid-deployment and logistically fast-moving force, those 2 operations would have taken more than 2 months to spin up.

Politically, I think that the heart may be in the right place, but realistically, it's been pretty ham-fisted and even down-right underhanded the sh*t that's been put over on the American People.

That's why I've started my AG presidency race

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 3:39 PM on j-body.org
Maybe its just me but this is how see it.

Bush gets intel from several sources, all of which are saying there is WMD's in Iraq. Saddam wont let inspectors look at "everything" they want to see, just something to make things more fishy. Time goes by intel keeps screaming that he has WMDs, hell the most the world thought he did.

Bush knows Saddam hates us, Inspectors cant see everything. Bush feels he has to do something, which is to invade. However many years later we still havent found the WMD's all that intel was telling us. Maybe the intel was wrong, not Bush???? I
just dont see how it is all his fault that is all, enlighten me or whatever just dont flame me for having a different way of seeing it.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 5:14 PM on j-body.org
Good point, and I agree about the intel. However there was one HUGE mistake made by the powers that be, when they decided it was better to go in without UN backing. IMO we should have continued our operations in Afghanistan while meeting with the UN to decide what route to take with Iraq. Our foreign policy is to blame for most of the hatred toward us. I don't think it's our job to police the world, I think we should get the US 100% before worrying about the rest of the world. The middle east has, and always will be, screwed up and it would be smart to stay away and let them kill each other. It's like seeing two people shooting at each other and , in an vain effort to keep someone from getting hurt, jumping in the middle of it.
Sunday, February 12, 2006 6:17 PM on j-body.org
SunfireN2o wrote:Maybe its just me but this is how see it.

Bush gets intel from several sources, all of which are saying there is WMD's in Iraq. Saddam wont let inspectors look at "everything" they want to see, just something to make things more fishy. Time goes by intel keeps screaming that he has WMDs, hell the most the world thought he did.

If you were Saddam, the leader of a country in the middle of the most violent part of the world, and you didn't have wmd's, would you want it published in every newspaper in the world? His scheme was to pretend to have big guns so none of his neighbors would invade Iraq. The plan backfired, the US invaded.

SunfireN2o wrote:Bush knows Saddam hates us, Inspectors cant see everything. Bush feels he has to do something, which is to invade. However many years later we still havent found the WMD's all that intel was telling us. Maybe the intel was wrong, not Bush???? I just dont see how it is all his fault that is all, enlighten me or whatever just dont flame me for having a different way of seeing it.

The intel was wrong, Bush admitted that in a news conference.
This is my problem with Bush... We sent troops to hunt for Osama, the man behind the 9/11 attacks against the US. For whatever reason, Bush decided that he's had enough of Saddam and sent our troops to Iraq.

IF Saddam actually had wmd's, he wasn't using them against the US. No reason for war.

IF Saddam didn't have wmd's, he was just being a pain in the a$$ with weapon inspectors. Again, no reason for war.

And to top it all off, Osama is still on the loose. Someone who has actually caused attacks against the US, not rumored to have a BB gun or something that no one can find.
Osama - Guilty - free.
Saddam - Innocent (but annoying) - on trial.
Somehow this doesn't sit well with me.

That's my problem with Bush.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search