Should gay couples be allowed to adopt ? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Should gay couples be allowed to adopt ?
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 2:14 PM on j-body.org
Just like the title says. I goofed and misunderstood what AGuSTiN was getting at in his Gay Marriage thread so here it is !

Discuss

BTW sorry AGuSTiN.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Re: Should gay couples be allowed to adopt ?
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 3:25 PM on j-body.org
NO.

it would be a bad influence and destroy their childhood.
a kid needs both. a Real mom, and a Real Dad.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 3:40 PM on j-body.org
^^ back that up.

---

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 3:41 PM on j-body.org
well, my boss and his boy friend adopted twins. i just feel sorry for the kids when they get older and understand what their "parents" are. I think its wrong, but the gays who are adopting kids for a better place where they can be loved have a future is good.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 3:47 PM on j-body.org
Why should you feel sorry for them? I know a few children of gay parents and they aren't ashamed. shrug

---

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 3:53 PM on j-body.org
uhm, Yes they should be able to adopt... why not.. how stupid...

as soon as there are not enough Kids for straight couples to adopt then you can have the argument.... but GOD DAMMIT as long as there are kids out there that need a home, I say let them adopt...

how stupid....

in this day and age we sheould really be worried about other things... you know like ensuring our species survives whatever nature / the universe / ourselves throws at us.

stupid.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 3:56 PM on j-body.org
I don't see a problem with it...

Looking at my generation, the generation after it, and most importlantly myself--i can't see how gay parents can screw their kids up any more than how our straight parents screwed us up.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 3:58 PM on j-body.org
Yes.

Atleast they will have a loving home in a stable environment (lets assume).

It's better than being in and out of foster homes, not having a home, and feeling like nobody cares.

That's why there's so many screwed up people.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 4:09 PM on j-body.org
I dont see what the problem is. What, because the parents are gay the kids will turn out gay? so if your parents are straight, then the kid should turn out straight? Seems its not working that way either. I feel if 2 people, dont care what sex they are, are happy and want to have a kid to take care of and love, i dont see a problem with it. It would help get many kids off the street and out of adoption homes.
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 4:21 PM on j-body.org
I'd rather see a couple gay people who WANT a child raise one, than some
stupid ignorant bitch having 10 kids all of different fathers who don't stick around.
Gays tend to be better educated and have higher incomes, and could better
afford children.

I think it would be tougher on the kid to have stupid parents, than to have gay ones.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 4:22 PM on j-body.org
Give the rat some cheese

exactly.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 4:36 PM on j-body.org
RatZero [Say No To Drugs wrote:]Gays tend to be better educated and have higher incomes, and could better
afford children.

That makes me laugh. I don't know why.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 5:11 PM on j-body.org
Robby002 wrote:NO.

it would be a bad influence and destroy their childhood.
a kid needs both. a Real mom, and a Real Dad.

I guess that means that all single mothers and fathers are bad influences on their kids?

Kids need love, food, shelter and clothes in order to grow up well-adjusted. If it means that there is a non-traditional family involved, what's the harm in that? If a parent isn't imposing their lifestyle on the child, the argument is moot.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 5:38 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:
I guess that means that all single mothers and fathers are bad influences on their kids?

Kids need love, food, shelter and clothes in order to grow up well-adjusted. If it means that there is a non-traditional family involved, what's the harm in that? If a parent isn't imposing their lifestyle on the child, the argument is moot.

exactly. i would have rather had 2 gays for my parents than my natural parents, at least then mabey i may have had a chance at having parents who loved me

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 5:43 PM on j-body.org
well.. that's a nice way to turn things around

Single dads and Single moms, Yes. that is bad influence because--
Statistically speaking, if parents are divorced. There is a higher chance for their child to have short-term relationships or just bad relationships.
its like a cycle or sequence. it goes round and round, generation to generation.

Married couples should wait 3 to 5 years before having kids and stay together for their rest of their lifes.
if your dad is an @!#$ to your mom, then you're going to be an @!#$ to your girlfriend or wife too. or
if you mom acts like a bitch, then you're going to be a bitch to your boyfriend or husband too.

its like a 3 out of 5 or 4 out of 5 maybe.

and about gay,
Gay couples would have to explain their child why they want to be gay.
its not, "we are gay and that's the end of it"
I don't even understand why people turn gay. I don't have anything against gay people. Gay people are wonderful. I just don't understand if people turn gay or they were born that way.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 5:57 PM on j-body.org
and Mikec2003.
if you had a bad childhood just make sure you don't do the same thing that your parents did to you. I'm not here to judge people, but I see it a lot.
My mom had a bad childhood, and she did the same mistakes my grandma did to me and my sister.
I grew up thinking my mom and dad did not love me too.
It was like hell, I do not want to go back to my childhood.
The bible says honor your mother and father, so I still love them no matter what.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 6:07 PM on j-body.org
Robby002 wrote:
Married couples should wait 3 to 5 years before having kids and stay together for their rest of their lifes.
if your dad is an @!#$ to your mom, then you're going to be an @!#$ to your girlfriend or wife too. or
if you mom acts like a bitch, then you're going to be a bitch to your boyfriend or husband too.

That would be cool, but people are popping out babies like there is no tomorrow. If there is a LOVING couple willing to adopt an UNLOVED child, why not? Also, just because one of your parents is an ass, it doesn't mean you will take on those traits. Well I'm not, it actually shows you how not to act.

Robby002 wrote:and about gay,

Do strait couples have to explain why they are strait? By the time the child is old enough to care they will know that their parents love each other and that makes it easy to explain. However, I have lesbian neighbors and they make their sons call the dyke one DAD! That's just wrong! The dyke is also an @!#$, I think it's to look more "manly". Their kid are a result of the more feminine ones previous marriage.

Robby002 wrote:I don't even understand why people turn gay. I don't have anything against gay people. Gay people are wonderful. I just don't understand if people turn gay or they were born that way.

Well I don't think anyone is born one way or the other, there is no "gay gene". One day you just realise that you like girls or boys, it's something that doesn't even enter your mind until you are older.
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 6:18 PM on j-body.org
Lol, I opened a can of worms in that other thread.........

I dont think a Gay couple should be able to go get a baby from somewhere and adopt it, the child had no say in a "regular" (i just use regular for lack of better words) family. But I suppose a older child it wouldnt be so bad, once they understand that their "parents" are gay.

This is a hard topic though.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 6:32 PM on j-body.org
This is an easy topic.

If people would grow up and understand that gay people aren't wierd, or gross, they would understand that it is an identical situation as a man and woman. Just with two men, or two women.

Raising a child is about love. And if the love is there, there should be no question about it. I know two guys raised by gay parents. Both are straight, have great lives, and love their parents more than anything.

The saddest thing to me, is how so many people work so hard to keep loving parents who happen to be gay from getting kids, rather than trying to get the kids who need help out of their bad situations.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:25 PM on j-body.org
Robby002 wrote:well.. that's a nice way to turn things around

Single dads and Single moms, Yes. that is bad influence because--
Statistically speaking, if parents are divorced. There is a higher chance for their child to have short-term relationships or just bad relationships.
its like a cycle or sequence. it goes round and round, generation to generation.

If a child learns good values from a single parent or gay parents and learns what commitment, responsibility and trust really means, I think thats a lucky kid regardless.

Quote:

Good luck on making that first idea stick. Really. As said before, people should learn to be a bit more responsible, and be truthful with eachother and themselves. People break up for hundreds of reasons, and most of them boil down to their inability to face and deal with reality on their own.

And I know personally a guy whose mother was beat by her husband, and her dad was a complete ass to him as well, and he's been married for the last 35 years.

Learned behaviour can be unlearned. Stop thinking in absolutes.
Quote:

and about gay,

The biological evidence aside, all parents have to explain the birds and bees to their kids. That talk gets a little bit more complicated with gay parents.

Quote:

I don't even understand why people turn gay. I don't have anything against gay people. Gay people are wonderful. I just don't understand if people turn gay or they were born that way.

That's like asking people why they were born black.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:50 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:
Quote:

That's like asking people why they were born black.

I'm with Gam on this, I don't believe it's possible to "turn gay". If you're gay, you've been that way all your life even if you didn't act on those tendencies or tried to hide them.

As far as gay/lesbian adoptions, why not? Raising children requires a loving, nurturing environment. Whether it's a mom & dad, an aunt and uncle, 2 guys, or 3 generations of extended family doesn't matter.

One more thing, I don't have any problem with gay dudes except for the lisp. Seriously, my wife has had anal and it didn't effect her speach, why do so many gay dudes have problems saying "th" or "s" sounds?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:58 PM on j-body.org
I think it's the need to stand out or to be a cock-tease, but that's just conjecture on my part.

Guys try to sound effeminant... it's usually funny as hell.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:14 PM on j-body.org
Robby002 wrote:and Mikec2003.
if you had a bad childhood just make sure you don't do the same thing that your parents did to you. I'm not here to judge people, but I see it a lot.
My mom had a bad childhood, and she did the same mistakes my grandma did to me and my sister.
I grew up thinking my mom and dad did not love me too.
It was like hell, I do not want to go back to my childhood.
The bible says honor your mother and father, so I still love them no matter what.

yeah i know, ive seen it a lot too, and if i ever have kids, i could never do what my parents did to me to my own kids. basically if i have kids, when im in a situation where i have to make a tough choice, ill just think "what would my parents have done?" then do the exact opposite, and chances are, its the right choice

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:35 PM on j-body.org
Why is crap like this even up for debate?

Is there seriously nothing better to discuss?

Sexual orientation doesn't raise a child. Love and being there does.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:56 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

One more thing, I don't have any problem with gay dudes except for the lisp. Seriously, my wife has had anal and it didn't effect her speach, why do so many gay dudes have problems saying "th" or "s" sounds?

When did you get such a great sense of humor. I like. lol.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search