WMD actually found in Iraq. - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: WMD actually found in Iraq.
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 9:00 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Um, I never said it was worth the loss of life only that they did find WMD's. I'm not argueing the war was done poorly but it seems that the intell that the attack was based on was not just a bunch of BS. Them finding the Serin and Mustard gas prooves that.

Glad we agree that the war is being done poorly.

Now I've got to go dump my paint thinner, gasoline and vinegar before the "homeland security team" hears about it.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 10:08 AM on j-body.org
Oh no arguement there at all ! If I were in charge it would have been carpet bombing of Bagdad that way no one to fight back when the troops marched in.

And no I'm not kidding. War is ugly and if your prepaired to start it you need to do what it takes to win it fast to minimise the loses to your own forces. Don't go to war unless your willing to kill every man woman and child if thats what it takes to win. This is a joke of a war, we go in like we're hot sh-t but then we say "don't hurt civilians!" BULL SH-T ! Look at WW II for example, when we found a town to be supathetic towards the nazi's
we'd bomb the WHOLE area and kill everyone, every man, every woman, and every child just to be able to kill the nazi's.

The way I see it don't declair war unless your willing to go all the way. War isn't pretty and shouldn't be made lightly like Bush did. if we declair war the opposing country should know they will be wiped off the face of the Earth if they do not unconditionaly and completely surrender. And terrorists and insurgent attacks should be countered with swift heavy handed counter attacks in which whole neighorhoods are destroyed just to kill the terrorists and insurgents. After a few retaliations like that I bet all the road side bombings would stop.
They hurt one of ours we kill 10 of theirs, they kill one of ours we kill 50 of theirs, they kill one inocent worker their to help them rebuild we kill 100 of theirs. Either they learn or they all get killed but either way we win in the end.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 12:16 PM on j-body.org
^^^then by that logic, 9/11 was justified.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 12:26 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]^^^then by that logic, 9/11 was justified.

Your not following me Keeper. War is ugly and should be used only as the absolute last resort we have left but if we go in we need to make sure we're not beyond going all in.

You see what I mean? And by that logic we should have nuked them after 9/11.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 1:29 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

I know it's nothing ground breaking or anything along those lines, but it was news to me that they had much of anything. Just makes you think of how much more of this crap is floating around here. I do believe that old Saddam has a bunch of chemical and biological weapons and ditched them before we took over out here. A lot of countries have chemical weapons though, us included. We do not have biological weapons, but I dunno. The only reason I can think of getting up in arms about WMD is if they were nuclear. As crappy as mustard gas is, it's not against the Geneva Convention to use them.

So, what am I trying to say? Ack, I dunno, but I thought I would put this article out there.

This is what I posted. I don't know how this got warped into a "was the war in Iraw good or bad" discussion, but I am reposting my comments again for clarification. All I did was stumble across that article and posted it because I thought it was interesting. Stay on topic, cause I think there has been enough OIF debates.

GAM - I posted the "Not GAM approved news source" link as a joke more than anything. No reason to get the Yaks upset there in Canada.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 1:33 PM on j-body.org
Ohh, and we do have chemical weapons. The US has a policy to use them though. It is retalitory use only - i.e. someone has to use them on us first before we break out the good sheit we have stashed in the mountains.

Team GREEN

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 1:38 PM on j-body.org
I was staying on topic. I said basicly HA HA we were right !

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 2:05 PM on j-body.org
RaiLS: I kinda figured that... and we have Bison in Canada... Yaks are in Tibet.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 2:34 PM on j-body.org
Then Ren and Stimpy lied to me. So you are telling me there are no Great Canadian Kilted Yaksmen?

Team GREEN

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 5:09 PM on j-body.org
No, The Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen, Powdered toast man, and "Don't Whiz On The Electric Fence" are all figments of the creator's mind.

I can tell this is a lot to deal with.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 5:28 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Oh no arguement there at all ! If I were in charge it would have been carpet bombing of Bagdad that way no one to fight back when the troops marched in.

And no I'm not kidding. War is ugly and if your prepaired to start it you need to do what it takes to win it fast to minimise the loses to your own forces. Don't go to war unless your willing to kill every man woman and child if thats what it takes to win. This is a joke of a war, we go in like we're hot sh-t but then we say "don't hurt civilians!" BULL SH-T ! Look at WW II for example, when we found a town to be supathetic towards the nazi's
we'd bomb the WHOLE area and kill everyone, every man, every woman, and every child just to be able to kill the nazi's.

The way I see it don't declair war unless your willing to go all the way. War isn't pretty and shouldn't be made lightly like Bush did. if we declair war the opposing country should know they will be wiped off the face of the Earth if they do not unconditionaly and completely surrender. And terrorists and insurgent attacks should be countered with swift heavy handed counter attacks in which whole neighorhoods are destroyed just to kill the terrorists and insurgents. After a few retaliations like that I bet all the road side bombings would stop.
They hurt one of ours we kill 10 of theirs, they kill one of ours we kill 50 of theirs, they kill one inocent worker their to help them rebuild we kill 100 of theirs. Either they learn or they all get killed but either way we win in the end.

absolutely @!#$in right........except substitue regular bombs for atomic ones

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 5:43 PM on j-body.org
then you run into the problem where people complain that innocents were/are being killed. people can't deal with that in this day and age. I imagine if America's sensitivity levels were what they were back in the 40's, all this would have been done by now. instead, we have to do everything with precision, and THEN help them rebuild. there's none of this "blowing everything the f@#k up and leaving" anymore.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 5:46 PM on j-body.org
Jack: The difference between Iraq (ca 2003), Iraq (ca 1991) and WWII, is that the bombs that are being delivered are being delivered on target. In WWII, You didn't "Carpet Bomb" an area unless it was littered with war making industry. Most of the time, you had to be careful because munitions factories were typically in residential areas... it wouldn't do to obliterate the people you were trying to liberate.

This time around, the idea was to try and preserve as much of the existing infrastructure (such as it was) to make the rebuilding a lot more expedient.

I don't think it was worth it (from several accounts I've read of post-Kuwait invasion Iraq, the place was an utter shambles), because at this point, the water system is perforated like no other, and the purification stations are basically brackish and more or less unusable... Telecommunications are still spotty at the very best, and electricity is measured in hours and minutes per day, as opposed to days per year.

For the average Iraqi, things haven't gotten better.

For the US and middle east's security, things haven't gotten better.

Things aren't getting any better, and I don't think anything, including finding a hundred thousand neutron-bombs, will get the US to take the problem more seriously.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 5:52 PM on j-body.org
GAM...I have seen firsthand Iraqi's lives getting better, i have seen their power supplies getting more and more consistant, their water getting better, and them making more money after saddam...i know for a fact that as it stands now, we have helped them.....yes at first we hurt them, by taking away their power, money, and stuff, but after a few months, it got as good as it was with saddam, and now its better for them. trust me, ive had first hand experience with baghdad residents, you didn't.

contrary to what fox news says...the situation gets better daily for the average iraqi

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 5:06 AM on j-body.org
So..... They started it then we should finish it.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:17 AM on j-body.org
So Iraq's infrastructure is being rebuilt.. That's great, but how can it be called an improvement? What if it wasn't blown up in the first place?

GAM, no carpet bombing? Tell that to the people in Dresden... Or how about the firebombing of Tokyo?

PAX
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:28 AM on j-body.org
Jack, what I mean is that if you apply that logic universally, rather than based upon a single narrow-minded viewpoint, you've just justified 9-11. According to the terrorists, we were destroying their lifestyle (as oppresive as it is), we are trying to degrade and demean their culture (as flimsy as that argument is), and we are the ones encouraging women to rise up socially within their region (when the so-called "leaders" over there are using a very loose interpretation of a holy book to oppress and keep power).

As such, they felt that we were going to wipe them and their culture off the face of the earth, declared Jihad on us, and hit us where it most hurt, the scared pussy civilians.

As such, if you follow the logic that once attacked you go for total annihilation of everything in the vicinity and not attacking the root of the problem, you have just justified 9-11. Also, if you justrify a preemptive strike against someone for fear that they may use aggression against you, you've just justified Pearl Harbor. It's a slippery slope.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:51 AM on j-body.org
OFF TOPIC again ! Try to stay focused here guys. This post was about the fact that we found WMD's in Iraq.

BUT in answer to your questions Keeper, first off Pearl Harbour was a sneek attack by a country who was allied with a country we were currently at war with. Totaly different then 9/11, besides we went full in then didn't we?
Dropped 2 nukes on their asses and ended the war and we haven't had a single problem out of old Japan since have we ? Nope they've been good as gold cause they were shown what an ass whooping truely is.
Now as for 9/11, we never went in and attacked anyone at all ! Just because they don't like our politics or us being over there isn't us starting sh-t with them. But they sure started with us, so what have we learned from history ? Show the enemy that we mean business and completly destroy them so they never give us trouble again. It would be like me kicking your ass and sending you home only to wait for you to heal up and come hunting for me with a gun. Nope ass kickings don't work but dead people don't come looking for revenge. So you make them all dead problem solved.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:59 AM on j-body.org
First off...WRONG! we were not at war with anyone at the time of pearl harbor. Pearl harbor made us declare war on Japan, and subsequently Germany and Italy declared war on us for delcaring war on their ally.

And the problems with japan are debatable based upon the point of view. while they haven't had much of an armed force since then, look at the cars most people drive, the electronics most people use, and how ingrained japanese is in our culture. Some say they just shifted the battleground from war to economics and culture .

And if you really believe that total annihilation is the way to do things, remember, rome had that mindset, and it fell. Hard.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:14 AM on j-body.org
Keeper we had been sending troops and supplies to England before pearl harbour was hit and besides we got them back and but good too.

Rome had serious coruption issues and problems controling the conqured lands under their control. We don't need to conqure just wipe out when we're attacked first. Hey it worked on Japan right ? Well then there ya go !
Wipe out the enemy totaly or untill they unconditionaly surrender and you have no more problems out of them ever again.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:42 AM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:Mustard gas? Isn't that a WWI weapon? Oooooooh, let's all hide in bed and pull the covers over our heads that Iraq has 60 year old tech for their wmd program....

well, your a retard.

mustard gas only liquidfies your lungs but hey, your pb blaster is some strong @!#$ buddy!

-Borsty

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 11:00 AM on j-body.org
Of course, Jack, we were also sending supplies to Germany and Italy as well.

Just remeber, that in any armed agression setting, likely, it's not the populace of the country that is the problem, it's the @!#$s at the top.

And for yuor comment on Rome--notice any modern-day similarities?

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 11:11 AM on j-body.org
What modern day similarities ? Where I don't see any ! Oh wait my bad my eyes were closed! What was the question again?

Look any time a country gets to be #1 all the little # twos come out of the wood work to try and knock it down. Its cause their all jealous thats all.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 11:24 AM on j-body.org
nah, i mean that the territories and influence are extended far beyond the seat of government, the system loses the ideals that formed it and corruption runs rampant, and the populace loses faith in the system.

kinda like what's starting to happen to us now.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 11:30 AM on j-body.org
I don't see the populace losing faith in anything beside the President. Hopefully the next one can restore it to what it once was.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search