Relationship Issues - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Relationship Issues
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 3:46 AM on j-body.org
You know with all of the posts I have read here and on other message forums I got to wondering wtf is with today's society and what makes it so different than 50 years ago

Then reading over on LS2GTO.com the other day I came across this link in the all too familiar "relationship gone wrong" thread

http://www.nomarriage.com/

I have been doing some reading and recognizing some things that I never really looked too far in depth before

I wouldn't say exactly that the site is insightful, but rather saying what has been in the back of men's minds for a long time

What is your thoughts? May take a little bit to navigate through the site, but it has some pretty good info, I think

BTW, I think it's time for my trip to Japan

DJTorello, LMR, El Fuego, whatever name he uses is a liar, troll, and fraud
Newbie with a Sunfire that has a different rev limit than the other hundred thousands of Js
His custom made header, AWESOME!!
His custom tubed front Sunfire from the dealer
His other personality stole his identity
Fastest 01 Kia in 97, check out his great pics and comments as well

Re: Relationship Issues
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 7:31 AM on j-body.org
Username DJTorello is a liar wrote:You know with all of the posts I have read here and on other message forums I got to wondering wtf is with today's society and what makes it so different than 50 years ago

Then reading over on LS2GTO.com the other day I came across this link in the all too familiar "relationship gone wrong" thread

http://www.nomarriage.com/

I have been doing some reading and recognizing some things that I never really looked too far in depth before

I wouldn't say exactly that the site is insightful, but rather saying what has been in the back of men's minds for a long time

What is your thoughts? May take a little bit to navigate through the site, but it has some pretty good info, I think

BTW, I think it's time for my trip to Japan

That was retarded. He has crap writing ability and it's only a website that's full of his opinions and anecdotes.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:33 AM on j-body.org
That reminds me, a women I work with told me the other day, "as you get older, looks don't mean as much as personality.
Because I was just talking about this one other girl to her, and she noticed the same thing about this girl. THis girl is beautiful and she invited me to a bonfire one friday night. Not that I was making any advances toward her, but maybe a little eye contact or ackowledgement would be nice. The next day, she asked me how I thought the bonfire was, I said it was warm and that it was ok. She was like your so needy, and I said well maybe a little acknowledgent would be nice. The women said the same thing when I was talking to her about that girl. The women was like she does that to everyone, she never makes eye contact. I guess I was refering to eye contact as acknowledgement, not really the same thing, but maybe sort of a physical representation of it that can be seen among two people, especially when they are strangers.
This girl was also american as apple pie, she was from Virginia/Maryland. Whats happening to our southern belles, i've seen one too many come here to California, and change overnight.

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 10:03 AM on j-body.org
Usually the psyche of the 9's and 10's in terms of gorgeous women out there don't show the signs of the 7's and 8's, and definitly not the ones 6 and below on the "looks" scale. the 9's and 10's *know* that most men will want them lying naked between their sheets early the next morning, and don't advertise their interest as much. Generally, the typical "interested" body language diminishes in obviousness the hotter a woman in the looks department tends to be (this is of course modified by how hot she thinks she is--there are times you'll have a 4, 5, 6, or 7, being very subtle in showing their interest because they think they are the hottest hosemonsters in history, and there are times that a 9 or even a 10 will be obvious because they don't think they are that hot).

As such, if that "southern belle" was a stunner, or thought she was, she was not making eye contact because she thinks if all she does is make eye contact, then you'll think she wants to be with you--even though this is contrary to the typical "look down and away" sign of interest from the majority of women. Even if you'd never come near this woman, this is a form of body language.

P.S. American women in my experience have not been the best.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 10:24 AM on j-body.org
This girl would even do it to women though too. She would never be looking at anything.

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 11:22 AM on j-body.org
We just talked about this not long ago in a diversity class here at work. Different cultures see looking someone in the eye as a sign of aknowlegement or attentiveness. In our culture, for instance, it's respectful to make eye contact during a conversation, or even when simply saying hello while passing in the hall. But in some cultures it's a sign of disrespect, even a challenge of dominance. I doubt that's how she was raised coming from the southeast, though.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 12:37 PM on j-body.org
^^^Possibly some self-esteem issues then.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 1:25 PM on j-body.org
That's my guess. There's a guy in my office that's the same way. He just seems timid. Makes it hard to hold a meeting or something because it always looks like he just isn't paying attention.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 1:38 PM on j-body.org
ln2johnny wrote:We just talked about this not long ago in a diversity class here at work. Different cultures see looking someone in the eye as a sign of aknowlegement or attentiveness. In our culture, for instance, it's respectful to make eye contact during a conversation, or even when simply saying hello while passing in the hall. But in some cultures it's a sign of disrespect, even a challenge of dominance. I doubt that's how she was raised coming from the southeast, though.

Such as the Middle East. Especially if you are talking to someone who is a Hodgie or Elder, it's considered disrespectful to look them in the eyes, especially when talking to them. Women are not allowed to look at men.

Quote:

^^^Possibly some self-esteem issues then.

That's what I was thinking. I have known a few hot girls that had self esteem issues. One of them was sexually abused when she was younger and it really messed up her self image. Maybe she has legit reasons for acting like she does. I never would have thought this was til I got in the medical field though, so I would have thought she was a biotch too back in the day. Just giving a differant perspective.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 3:29 PM on j-body.org
That didn't occur to me until you mentioned it. I can understand the behavior as a part of upbringing but I always wondered why someone who is obviously very attractive or well liked would have self esteem issues. I mean, I'm not the best looking or most popular guy around but I have no problems talking to people or approaching people. And as far as most women I know that are "a ten" - know they are and have no problems showing it. Some even use it to get what they want. Hell, I've been a victim of that one more than once.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 4:36 PM on j-body.org
I find it really hard to talk to someone that won't maintain eye contact, makes me think they're dodgy somehow.

jbody4jc: I see that kind of behaviour and I think the girl's a cocktease.. I don't like to say it, but that's not cool in my books. I think it has something to do with a fear of intimacy (meaning, you're afraid of not having something to hide behind, physically or emotionally). I see that with guys a lot too, it might just be nerves, but I think it's something a little deeper. Guys that are like that, draw in a woman only to keep her at arm's length, and look for any excuse to distance themselves. It must be a lonely existance. *shrug*

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 5:55 PM on j-body.org
I'm not sure what to make of all this, was she shy, abused, or a tease. I've only dated one "perfect 10". She was a 4 that carried a 6 pack.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 6:18 PM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:No matter how hot she is, there's some guy somewhere who is sick to death of putting up with her crap.

Words to live by.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 8:05 AM on j-body.org
^^^ that saying does cut both ways...

I prefer the line by Carlin: "I never @!#$ a ten, but one night, i @!#$ 5 twos....and that ought to count"

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, July 12, 2006 11:56 AM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]^^^ that saying does cut both ways...

Good point.

[quote=Keeper of the Light™]I prefer the line by Carlin: "I never @!#$ a ten, but one night, i @!#$ 5 twos....and that ought to count"

I'd settle for two 5's. Or even two 3's and a 4 if I had 2 6's and a 5th. Hey, I have my standards!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 3:19 PM on j-body.org
80% of American mothers have postpartum depression
-no sex life

Why men should not marry
- because they want to keep having sex with different girls

Sex after marriage stops
- same ol gets old

Marry foreign women only
- They love to cook!!!!

Marry only if you want kids
- 18 years is a long enough

Children are so overrated
- I guess...

Why marriage no longer makes sense
- you don't have to be married to be together

Any American man can find a beautiful and loyal foreign girlfriend or wife
-Because foreign guys treat them like @!#$. There's no domestic violance laws

Give me ONE good reason why a man should sign a marriage contract with an American woman
-too many to think of one.

You should be proud if American women call you a "loser"
-I need to read about that one...

American women will bring out the WORST in you
-Oh yeah! they will control your life, friends, sex, everything...

Typical evening of a married man with kids
- I don't know...

What your future wife will be thinking a few years after you have children
- child support?

Men should not even think about getting married and having children until they are in their 40s
- that's too old to have kids anyway...

Majority of American women have Histrionic and Narcissistic disorders
- I don't know...

20% of men who think they are fathers are not
- why?

Whom not to marry
a bitch

American women are @!#$, they priced themselves out of the market
-not all of them...

@!#$ decent mid-priced whores twice a week is less expensive than a wife
-only if your wife becomes fat, lazy, and all they want to do is eat

How women manipulate you
-I will read that later...

American woman's "Perfect Guy" qualities list
-I know, Big you know what LOL!!

just my personal opinion

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 4:49 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Marry foreign women only
- They love to cook!!!!

SOOOOOOO not true. I cook more than Miška does and even though she's a great cook, I do it more often (and surprisiongly, i don't mind cooking--maybe 'cause i'm good at it )

She does, however, do more of the cleaning and laundry than I do, so it seems to work out.

For those that believe I'm a good cook--ask anyone here that has tried my Garlic Mozzarella bread.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, July 12, 2006 6:22 PM on j-body.org
*shrug*
I'm game.

I do a lot of cooking, and a lot of cleaning, and so does my GF, and we're not married after 7 years. Then again, I realise that I have faults as well, and I work to get over them and not take myself too seriously. My GF is the same, and to a different degree is willing to try and do better (ie ditch bad habits for good ones). I think that marriage can be a good thing, and so can kids, but you have to keep your head on your shoulders and your feet on the ground, and your ass somewhere in between. There's going to be good and bad, and once in a while you have to do a self-inventory, figure out what's working and what's not.

I think a lot of the mental issues that people (not just women) have extends from unrealistic expectations. I don't blame it on women's lib or whatever, people just want beyond what they can reasonably achieve without DOING anything about it.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 8:29 AM on j-body.org
^^^bingo.

I think part of ther problem is that parents teach their kids such bull@!#$ as "happily ever after" and portray marriage and relationships as a fairy tale rather than a lot of work.

Don't get me wrong, even though my relationship with my g/f is a lot of work, i love it. And i think the reason that6 it has (so far) worked is that we both know it's hard work and still want to work at it, rather than assuming "everything will work out."

That and the unrealistic expectation that many people date someone for who they can possibly change them into, as opposed to who they are.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Sunday, July 23, 2006 5:13 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

For those that believe I'm a good cook--ask anyone here that has tried my Garlic Mozzarella bread.

He's not lying.

Monday, July 24, 2006 8:03 AM on j-body.org
i want to try this mozz bread
c'mon keeper send me some in the mail

Quote:

That and the unrealistic expectation that many people date someone for who they can possibly change them into, as opposed to who they are.

Monday, July 24, 2006 8:07 AM on j-body.org
Unfortunately, it will die in the mail. I can however, give you (or anyone who wants it) the recipe, if you like . Just make sure you cred me with it.

And thanks Kardain.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search