World Citizens Prefer Obama to McCain - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
World Citizens Prefer Obama to McCain
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 11:48 PM on j-body.org
http://www.gallup.com/poll/111253/World-Citizens-Prefer-Obama-McCain-Nearly-4to1.aspx

Interesting poll from gallup. Throughout the seventy countries they polled, people prefer Obama four times more than McCain. Granted, a large percentage doesn't have an opinion, but it's pretty telling that about 75% of those who did have an opinion preferred Obama. The only reason I bring this up is because of how poorly we are looked at across the world after the last eight years. How we are viewed may greatly affect us in the future in respects to overcoming this financial crisis and in terms of foreign affairs.

Re: World Citizens Prefer Obama to McCain
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 2:31 AM on j-body.org
electing a president is sort of like modding your car, vote for the person you want to win, not based on what the rest of the world wants.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 5:13 AM on j-body.org
who gives a @!#$ what any other country thinks?

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 5:40 AM on j-body.org
Since when does it matter who the world wants to run our country? Ever think that many of those polled have agendas that don't coincide with what's best for the US.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 6:26 AM on j-body.org
Tristan wrote:http://www.gallup.com/poll/111253/World-Citizens-Prefer-Obama-McCain-Nearly-4to1.aspx

Interesting poll from gallup. Throughout the seventy countries they polled, people prefer Obama four times more than McCain. Granted, a large percentage doesn't have an opinion, but it's pretty telling that about 75% of those who did have an opinion preferred Obama. The only reason I bring this up is because of how poorly we are looked at across the world after the last eight years. How we are viewed may greatly affect us in the future in respects to overcoming this financial crisis and in terms of foreign affairs.

i really like your reasoning and you make a great point. If we continue the way we have our foreign affairs are going to continue to drop and since we get important money from off shore business then our economy isnt going to be much better no matter who our president is. Hopefully the new guy can resolve what has been chaos these past 8 years.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 9:16 AM on j-body.org
Wow, alright then. I didn't say it should determine your vote, only that it's one of the things that should be considered when making a decision. It's an interesting fact and could play some role in future. It would seem to me if other countries have a better opinion of this country they are more willing to do business with us and invest. And considering that whole financial crisis thing we seem to be going through, that could, you know, help to alleviate it. But yea, who the hell cares what other countries think? Our standing/opinion in the world has no barring on our future...

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 5:36 PM on j-body.org
Tristan wrote:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/111253/World-Citizens-Prefer-Obama-McCain-Nearly-4to1.aspx

----------------------------------------------------------

Wow, alright then. I didn't say it should determine your vote, only that it's one of the things that should be considered when making a decision. It's an interesting fact and could play some role in future. It would seem to me if other countries have a better opinion of this country they are more willing to do business with us and invest. And considering that whole financial crisis thing we seem to be going through, that could, you know, help to alleviate it. But yea, who the hell cares what other countries think? Our standing/opinion in the world has no barring on our future...

What you failed to note, most likely due to the fact that you were all caught up in the 75% stat, was that almost 2/3s of the rest of the world could care less who are next president is.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 5:39 PM on j-body.org
ToBoGgAn wrote:
Tristan wrote:

What you failed to note, most likely due to the fact that you were all caught up in the 75% stat, was that almost 2/3s of the rest of the world could care less who are next president is.

Or, perhaps, what you failed to note was the fact that I clearly stated in my third sentence that a large percentage didn't have an opinion. Maybe you should take a moment and read my words more carefully before jumping to inaccurate conclusions.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 5:59 PM on j-body.org
Tristan wrote:
ToBoGgAn wrote:
Tristan wrote:

Or, perhaps, what you failed to note was the fact that I clearly stated in my third sentence that a large percentage didn't have an opinion. Maybe you should take a moment and read my words more carefully before jumping to inaccurate conclusions.

I read exactly what you posted, and as far as I see yes you "stated a large percentage" but only showed that 75% with an opinion preferred Obama. Unfortunately 75%=30% in this case. I just felt the need to point out the misdirection there since most of the members here won't actually read anything themselves and would assume 75% of the world wants Obama.

So to break it down;
wants %
Obama 30
McCain 8
Could care less 62

You can now whip out your E-dick and go to town, nothing else for me to do here. I will read for enjoyment though.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 6:14 PM on j-body.org
Apparently Cambodia loves McCain and India could care less lol.

choosey moms choose J03Y wrote:who gives a @!#$ what any other country thinks?

QFT

We need to cut off all ties with the UN too but that's another topic altogether.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 6:34 PM on j-body.org
Even the leader of Hamas endorses Obama. That should tell you right there when a terrorist group supports a candidate that that candidate is viewed as weak on terror. It should also be a red flag that that candidate is viewed as more accepting of them or less likely to oppose them.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:43 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:Even the leader of Hamas endorses Obama. That should tell you right there when a terrorist group supports a candidate that that candidate is viewed as weak on terror. It should also be a red flag that that candidate is viewed as more accepting of them or less likely to oppose them.
but Al Queda endorsed McCain. Seriously. LOL.

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country. - Hermann Goring

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:37 PM on j-body.org
ToBoGgAn wrote:
Tristan wrote:
ToBoGgAn wrote:
Tristan wrote:

I read exactly what you posted, and as far as I see yes you "stated a large percentage" but only showed that 75% with an opinion preferred Obama. Unfortunately 75%=30% in this case. I just felt the need to point out the misdirection there since most of the members here won't actually read anything themselves and would assume 75% of the world wants Obama.

So to break it down;
wants %
Obama 30
McCain 8
Could care less 62

You can now whip out your E-dick and go to town, nothing else for me to do here. I will read for enjoyment though.

First off, what in the hell does my e-dick have to do with anything? Secondly, it wasn't an attempt at misdirection. I was simply saying that 3/4 of those who had an opinion preferred Obama. That's all. I had no intention of making people believe that 75% of the world supports Obama. I simply thought it was an interesting tidbit of info and a discussion topic.

Friday, October 24, 2008 5:14 PM on j-body.org
big surprise there

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:41 AM on j-body.org
the thing is it appears that the majority of people 75% were for obama, when when u add it all up the majority of people really could have cared less.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, November 01, 2008 7:47 AM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:Since when does it matter who the world wants to run our country? Ever think that many of those polled have agendas that don't coincide with what's best for the US.

like zomg! other countries have agendas that arent in line with ours? no way!

and yes, im making fun of the OP or the idea of voting based on what other countries want instead of what is best for us. not making fun of quick

Saturday, November 01, 2008 8:39 AM on j-body.org
Om going to say 100% of the alquidia wants the hoggie in power too.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Saturday, November 01, 2008 8:12 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Om going to say 100% of the alquidia wants the hoggie in power too.

Chris

didn't know your mom was running.

Saturday, November 01, 2008 8:13 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Om going to say 100% of the alquidia wants the hoggie in power too.

Chris
Nope - they want McCain to win. This was only discovered by hacking one of their own internal password-protected websites. Publicly they have made no endorsement as far as I know but internally they want McCain because they only want him to escalate the conflict further so they can get additional support and kill more Americans soldiers. They want a foolish hot-head "crusader" for president. Hell, with so many people(including many conservatives) endorsing Obama, McCain needs every endorsement he can get... LOL.

And as you SHOULD know - but obviously will NEVER get - he is not a Muslim. He could piss on a Koran right in front of you and I think you still would think exactly the same. Not that it even should matter what the hell his religion is...

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the

Sunday, November 02, 2008 5:31 AM on j-body.org
I want one of you to find me were he regestered with the slective servace......can ya do it?

if he pissed on the crayon, it would help.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Sunday, November 02, 2008 1:23 PM on j-body.org
Chris, if that was even remotely an issue the McCain campaign would have painted it on the side of the @!#$ straight talk express.

So is it better to fight, get captured, and give away war secrets? Or is it better to be a rich snob an be put in the air guard and skip on most of that? Or is it better to have probably registered but not gotten called to duty?

Trust in McCain that if Obama hadn't registered you of all people would know Chris.

Sunday, November 02, 2008 4:14 PM on j-body.org
KFLO wrote:Trust in McCain that if Obama hadn't registered you of all people would know Chris.

And trust in the fact that if this happened, the MSM would call it a lie and a smear tactic, and all those blindly in love with Obama would believe them, without even looking into it's validity.

Sunday, November 02, 2008 4:57 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:
KFLO wrote:Trust in McCain that if Obama hadn't registered you of all people would know Chris.

And trust in the fact that if this happened, the MSM would call it a lie and a smear tactic, and all those blindly in love with Obama would believe them, without even looking into it's validity.
and those who hate him would believe it without a shred of proof. They would believe it even after being disproven. This has happened again and again.
I'll post why I like Obama when I have more time - this is gonna be a long freaking post when I do.

Sunday, November 02, 2008 4:59 PM on j-body.org
Bastardking3000 wrote: I'll post why I like Obama when I have more time - this is gonna be a long freaking post when I do.
oops this is the wrong thread for that. me=fail in a hurry.

Monday, November 03, 2008 4:30 AM on j-body.org
So, CAN you or NOT?

Chris

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search