Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Friday, October 09, 2009 5:29 PM on j-body.org
All credibility? What if I just hopes he falls off a balcony and hurts something?


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Friday, October 09, 2009 7:24 PM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:

EPIC WIN

This was the only thing worth opening this thread for.

Personally, I don't think the prize means what it used to. They pass them out to the most popular controversial figure at the moment.
It wouldn't surprize me if they just typed the nominees' names into google these days and whoever has the highest number of search results wins.






Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Friday, October 09, 2009 9:18 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:

All credibility? What if I just hopes he falls off a balcony and hurts something?

No, thats not quite the same as wishing someone would assassinate him. I'm sure you realize the difference. So do we





Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Saturday, October 10, 2009 12:11 AM on j-body.org
This is why I've lost all faith in humanity.....

I'm surrounded my idiots, and I dont give a damn anymore....

Actually.... I personally would like to see the guy assassinated.... if for no other reason than my own amusement... and the fact he's starting to deserve it in my eyes.

Is that wrong? I really dont care if it is or isnt anymore.






Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Saturday, October 10, 2009 2:46 AM on j-body.org
Viper98912 wrote:

ScottaWhite wrote:

Would someone please talk their deranged sibling into killing this guy

As much as you are entitled to your opinion and disagreement, this quote is really @!#$in pathetic. You've lost all credibility you've ever had and ever will have in anything you ever say.


Meh, he never had credibility to begin with Viper.





Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Saturday, October 10, 2009 1:51 PM on j-body.org
Guys, guys...oy vey! How can you ever expect to have a conversation of any meaning about the man (or about just about anything!) if you are willing to publically declare your desire to see his life end? I mean, talk about being the extremest of extremists. Don't hold back, tell us how you REALLY feel!

Man, remind me not to ever piss you off, lol!





Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Saturday, October 10, 2009 2:50 PM on j-body.org
I read somewhere that Hinkley is gertting out of prison.......


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Saturday, October 10, 2009 4:10 PM on j-body.org
Oh hell, they won't want him...his assassinations are FAIL.




Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Sunday, October 11, 2009 10:01 PM on j-body.org
his weapon of choice was a .22 pistol. he deserves to die as well.






Check out my build thread!

Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Sunday, October 11, 2009 10:06 PM on j-body.org
Im just saying I dont care if it happens... thats all..


and a .22 really? it was at least a .22LR hopefully..

Iwouldnt go any smaller than a high grain 9mm hallow point if I wanted someone dead.... and that would only be close range..





Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Sunday, October 11, 2009 10:23 PM on j-body.org
nope, he used a simple Rohm RG-14 revolver, .22 short

9mm is iffy, they lack a lot of stopping power. i'd definitely go with a good ole 45.





Check out my build thread!


Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Monday, October 12, 2009 7:53 AM on j-body.org
my issue has nothing to do with obama. but with the award itself. im sorry but giving out an award for someones good intentions to me is worthless. he was nominated 2 weeks into his election. at that point personally he hadn't done anything to win such an award. has he done anything since then? not really. people seem to calm down just because he is in office, but i feel that has less to do wth him and more to do with the fact that they hated bush. this for me personally isn't about obama, its about the nobel peace award and what it should stand for. it shouldn't stand for good intentions, it should stand for accomplishments.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Monday, October 12, 2009 7:58 AM on j-body.org
To you, perhaps. To the people who vote for the prize, who are truly more experienced than any of us in this matter, it can also symbolize the prospects of hope. I think second-guessing the expert voters is disingenuous. It's not the first time such an event has coccurred...and as they use their own criteria, it may well not be the last either.

Of course, it's ironic but telling that the right wings' disapproval of this award sounds quite like Al Qaeda's and the Taliban's. They too think Obama is undeserving.

It's our Nation's President. It's an award that indicates a true appreciation for where our nation is headed in terms of peace. Why is it so hard for people be proud of this?





Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Monday, October 12, 2009 8:07 AM on j-body.org
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:

To you, perhaps. To the people who vote for the prize, who are truly more experienced than any of us in this matter, it can also symbolize the prospects of hope. I think second-guessing the expert voters is disingenuous. It's not the first time such an event has coccurred...and as they use their own criteria, it may well not be the last either.

Of course, it's ironic but telling that the right wings' disapproval of this award sounds quite like Al Qaeda's and the Taliban's. They too think Obama is undeserving.

It's our Nation's President. It's an award that indicates a true appreciation for where our nation is headed in terms of peace. Why is it so hard for people be proud of this?





because to me there is a big diffrence in wishing for peace and prosperity and actually getting it. heck hitler believed that once he conquered the world that the world would be a better place. that doesnt mean i agree with him and would have wanted to give him an award for what he believed he was doing. sure he is our nation's president and i have no problem with that. but if that was the case why doesnt every president get a nobel piece prize? i mean every one of them has good intentions. and realistically i havn't seen anything become more peacful since he's been in office. the only thing that happens when a new president comes into office is he makes friends with certain countries and pisses other countries off because no matter what is done, no matter what choice you make, your bound to piss someone off. i can't be proud of an award given for what might happen.




(and no my hitler remark was in no way referring him to obama or that i think obama is as bad as hitler)


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Monday, October 12, 2009 8:26 AM on j-body.org
Listen, I don't mean to be such a b!tch, but anytime a discussion about Obama devolves into a comparison with Hitler, I just have to bow out. Nothing personal, but I need a bit more meat in my meal.

Your handlers are not doing you (or their other adherents) any favors by teaching you this association with one of history's most evil dictators. It makes for the extremest of extremists, and shoves your point(s) of view into a kinda nutty corner.





Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Monday, October 12, 2009 8:40 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

my issue has nothing to do with obama. but with the award itself...it should stand for accomplishments.

This is probably the most relevant and accurate point yet made in this thread.

The only thing Obama has done with regards to peace is give dozens of speeches apologizing for the US, and agreeing with the haters of our country.






Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Monday, October 12, 2009 8:59 AM on j-body.org
Sigh. You apparently are more of an expert on the Nobel Peace Prize than these people:

Members of national assemblies and governments and members of the Inter-Parliamentary Union,
Members of the Permanent Court of Arbitration and the International Court of Justice at the Hague,
Members of Institut de Droit International,
University professors of history, political science, philosophy, law and theology, university presidents and directors of peace research international affairs institutes,
Former recipients, including board members of organisations that have previously won the prize,
Present and past members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee, and
Former permanent advisers to the Norwegian Nobel Institute.


These are who votes. Distinguished folks, but you can just ignore their expert status, and keep beating that "I hate Obama" drum. It doesn't have to make sense so long as it's fueled by pure hatred, right?



Not that it would matter to you, but this is one of the published criteria they use:

Unlike the other Nobel Prizes, which recognize completed scientific or literary accomplishment, the Nobel Peace Prize may be awarded to persons or organizations that are in the process of resolving a conflict or creating peace.

You may feel interacting positively with other nations of the world is pandering and weak. I feel it is noble and overdue.





Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Monday, October 12, 2009 10:17 AM on j-body.org
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:

Sigh. You apparently are more of an expert on the Nobel Peace Prize than these people:

Members of national assemblies and governments and members of the Inter-Parliamentary Union,
Members of the Permanent Court of Arbitration and the International Court of Justice at the Hague,
Members of Institut de Droit International,
University professors of history, political science, philosophy, law and theology, university presidents and directors of peace research international affairs institutes,
Former recipients, including board members of organisations that have previously won the prize,
Present and past members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee, and
Former permanent advisers to the Norwegian Nobel Institute.


These are who votes. Distinguished folks, but you can just ignore their expert status
Puting aside the fact that your initial sentence is that of sarcastic extremism you have been accusing me of the past few days, I'll say this:
These people must be so qualified to judge this, that they would in no way be politically biased, right?


Hill Hahn Jr. wrote:

and keep beating that "I hate Obama" drum. It doesn't have to make sense so long as it's fueled by pure hatred, right?
LOL. Bill, I thought you were more reasonable than this. Criticism of a person's actions, words, or intents is not hatred. You are confusing a very strong difference of opinion, and a distaste for the constant blind ignorance infecting our country, with a bigoted hatred for a person.

Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:

Not that it would matter to you, but this is one of the published criteria they use:

Unlike the other Nobel Prizes, which recognize completed scientific or literary accomplishment, the Nobel Peace Prize may be awarded to persons or organizations that are in the process of resolving a conflict or creating peace.

You may feel interacting positively with other nations of the world is pandering and weak. I feel it is noble and overdue.
Yeah, nothing matters to me unless it's irreverent bashing with no substance.
/sarcasm

As for feeling that interacting positively with other nations being weak, you missed the point. He doesn't just interact diplomatically with them, he takes their side in many cases, and doesn't stand up for the nation that he leads. There is a big difference from being diplomatic and being overly apologetic. He is the latter, and that doesn't constitute "interacting positively". It constitutes either a disapproval of his own country (which I think he has), or weakness.





Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, October 12, 2009 11:07 AM



Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Monday, October 12, 2009 10:50 AM on j-body.org
Hey, things heat up...don't let it get to you The rhetoric ramps up. I'm still as reasonable as ever, if only a little more sassy.

Nontheless, you're wavering with that. Let's stay on topic.

So...With the facts I presented,what say you? I'd like you to address the facts instead of the flavor of delivery.



P.S.: I'll gladly admit hatred is a strong word. I retract it and replace it with "total disdain".





Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Monday, October 12, 2009 2:14 PM on j-body.org
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:

Hey, things heat up...don't let it get to you The rhetoric ramps up. I'm still as reasonable as ever, if only a little more sassy.

Nontheless, you're wavering with that. Let's stay on topic.

So...With the facts I presented,what say you? I'd like you to address the facts instead of the flavor of delivery.



P.S.: I'll gladly admit hatred is a strong word. I retract it and replace it with "total disdain".




again. your going off of what the prize is given for. you even pointed it out and bolded it up so it was easy to see, and that is what i have said i have a problem with. my issue is with the way the prize is given, not for who they gave it to. i feel that it should be awarded for the final work of someone, not for hoping someoene does something. or saying heres a great prize, no go out and do the work. there are hundreds of people who spend their life devoted to peace. it just seems dumb to skip them to give it to someone who is IN THE PROCESS OF.

Bill it would be like giving out an award for the best turbo kit manufacturer and your sitting at the awards banquet and lose to a guy who has never manufactured a turbo kit, but he has some really good drawings and tech sheets of what he thinks will be a great turbo setup.



as for the hitler remark, i stated that i was not even comparing obama to hitler. but you automatically took it that way even when i told you otherwise. how about you just reread my post and just change hitler to bush. i dont care. but i was not comparing the two.,


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Monday, October 12, 2009 2:22 PM on j-body.org
I will not second guess the award voter group. I respect the sanctity of their assigned duty to make the decision, and I also respect their qualifications and training. Thus, I respect their conclusion. Compared to them we're a bunch of schlubs.

Please understand, as stated above:

Unlike the other Nobel Prizes, which recognize completed scientific or literary accomplishment, the Nobel Peace Prize may be awarded to persons or organizations that are in the process of resolving a conflict or creating peace.

Dear God...it's not at ALL like a product award for a turbosystem! My good man, you have no working concept of what the prize signifies if you find that to be a workable analogy.

As to Hitler...despite your disclaimer, you did bring it up...first. So I addressed how silly it is to do that. If that stings to hear, stop and consider why. If you do, you MAY begin to understand the very offensiveness of even going there.






Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Monday, October 12, 2009 2:52 PM




Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Monday, October 12, 2009 2:53 PM on j-body.org
Quote:


I will not second guess the award voter group. I respect the sanctity of their assigned duty to make the decision, and I also respect their qualifications and training. Thus, I respect their conclusion. Compared to them we're a bunch of schlubs.


this is like saying you'll never question a referee's call in a close football game, simply because he has more experience in the field. look, everyone makes mistakes one time or another, and everyone shows bias. this act, to a lot of people, seems to be an act of political bias.






Check out my build thread!

Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Monday, October 12, 2009 3:02 PM on j-body.org
Refs... Good point.. Camp David accords? Peace prize?


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Monday, October 12, 2009 3:20 PM on j-body.org
RuggedZ wrote:

Quote:


I will not second guess the award voter group. I respect the sanctity of their assigned duty to make the decision, and I also respect their qualifications and training. Thus, I respect their conclusion. Compared to them we're a bunch of schlubs.


this is like saying you'll never question a referee's call in a close football game, simply because he has more experience in the field. look, everyone makes mistakes one time or another, and everyone shows bias. this act, to a lot of people, seems to be an act of political bias.

One human can indeed make a technical mistake. A group of dozens of highly esteemed humans over months of discussion? I don't know...this ain't exactly like a multiple choice question. This was arrived at via deliberation and discussion at a very high intellectual level. Way different than some schlub ref that may need glasses but is too vain to accept it (But honey...I'm on National Television! Glasses will make me look old!).

Listen, don't get too hung up on it. There have been controversial Nobel decisions before, and there will be again. It's not some social-globalism plot to ridicule Republicans. The man is on a roll. He deserves to enjoy his moment in the sun, and we can all benefit from what it means to the rest of the world...no matter what Rush and Glenn say. There's a big world out there, and the last administration managed in a few short years to foment more derisive Anti-Americanism than I have ever seen worldwide. This is just a BandAid on that festering sore.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, October 12, 2009 3:21 PM



Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Monday, October 12, 2009 7:29 PM on j-body.org
Boy President Bush really twisted your panties didn't he? Good Lord ..he just did stuff without first making supplications to the sophisticated Europeans, and when he asked their opinion, he just did what he felt was in this country's best interests. So now, in order to be loved by said sophisticated Europeans, and our Muslim friends, O.Bama slinks around the globe with his tail between his legs, snivelingly apologizing for everything the previous big bad wolf did...like America has been some playground bully.

You feel we need to be accepted and loved by most... And I'm sure you have a litany of dire what-ifs ..if we aren't.

The USA is still the greatest country on the planet if for no other reason, than I said so.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search