Suggestions on making this site better? - Page 3 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Suggestions on making this site better?
Friday, October 31, 2008 7:16 AM
J03Y wrote:let me be a mod, lol

x eleventy billion

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Friday, October 31, 2008 7:44 AM
Darkstars wrote:how about a few more mods?

This place seems to have gone relatively unmonitored, hell look at this, a thread for Dave and there's unrelated bitching going on.

i used the contact us button before to see if i could be a mod. guess i dont qualify but i figure im on here enough.

i could be the new jimmy z. the person everyone loves to hate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, October 31, 2008 7:44 AM

Friday, October 31, 2008 7:47 AM
How bout a reply box in the pm section?
I can never remember if i replied to pm's or not the next day ... sucks

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Friday, October 31, 2008 9:40 AM
to zyyaaaaa we used to have the ole post count a long time ago. the only thing that brought about was tons and tons of people just making up worthless posts and worthless responces just to get their numbers up. then they would make worthless posts about how high their numbers were. just got way out of hand because of stupid people thinking a number meant something. same goes for the karma stuff.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, October 31, 2008 10:03 AM
and thats different from the worthless post in ag now how? how long ago was this post counter? ive been here since the summer of 02 and i never seen one.

Friday, October 31, 2008 10:37 AM
I say switch the classifieds to a forum. If it was this way that whole Brandon Snizzle deal wouldn't have happened because John and the other guy would have been able to see he selling the hood to 2 different people at the same time. Also a color change wouldn't be bad. And to help prevent alot of the flaming about this engine is better and that one sucks, why not give each engine their own forum like clubcav. I like that setup because info is easier to find. Also random photo gallery on the front page.

P.S. like the smilies. ]:->

The Outlaw
98 Pontiac Sunfire (Christine)
2200 5spd
Red with Black racing stripes.

Don't let the punks get to you. If they can't say anything helpful its because they probably
have VERY LITTLE IF ANY MECHANICAL SKILLS . Talking crap is just their way of hiding that
fact. They figure the more crap they say the less likley anyone will know how dumb they are.
Friday, October 31, 2008 10:46 AM
z yaaaa wrote:
Dave.org wrote:If there are any feature requests, now is a good time to let me know.

3.) An engine cleaning/detailing/ideas sub-forum in the general forum.

can we have skunk write the sticky?

Friday, October 31, 2008 10:55 AM
JakeLegend wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:
Dave.org wrote:If there are any feature requests, now is a good time to let me know.

3.) An engine cleaning/detailing/ideas sub-forum in the general forum.

can we have skunk write the sticky?

Friday, October 31, 2008 11:11 AM
i also wouldnt mind have the engine specs and trans specs like they have over at v6z24 for when somone says my stock 2200 came stock with 250hp

Friday, October 31, 2008 11:20 AM
Classifieds as forum and individual engine forums.

==============================================================

Yes, noob, the search button is for you...

Friday, October 31, 2008 11:31 AM

Got my vote.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Friday, October 31, 2008 11:40 AM
AWD GS wrote:and thats different from the worthless post in ag now how? how long ago was this post counter? ive been here since the summer of 02 and i never seen one.

8 years here for me.....i dont recall one either.
339 for the month, btw. slooooow times for tabs

Friday, October 31, 2008 11:49 AM
the outlaw wrote:I say switch the classifieds to a forum.

I'm going to be doing something like that. I won't switch it to a regular forum, but I will be expanding the existing classified system to allow replies. I will also integrate regions into it, so you can narrow a search by region, and also integrate it somewhat with the regional forums.

the outlaw wrote:And to help prevent alot of the flaming about this engine is better and that one sucks, why not give each engine their own forum like clubcav. I like that setup because info is easier to find.

I don't like to have too much forum overlap, and I'm not sure how best to tie that in with our existing performance forums (5 of which directly relate to engines).

the outlaw wrote:Also random photo gallery on the front page.

Something along those lines should be coming soon.

mikieb510 wrote:i also wouldnt mind have the engine specs and trans specs like they have over at v6z24 for when somone says my stock 2200 came stock with 250hp

That's what the FAQ section is for. I just need someone to enter it all nice and neat. The best way to do something like that, if anyone wants to take it upon themselves, is to post it in the forums, using whatever forum code you need to make it look nice, then email me the link to the post. I would actually like to move as many stickies as possible into the FAQ, and integrate the FAQ into the forums. Before I do that though, I'll be adding replies to FAQ entries. The main benefit to using the FAQ section is I have the ability to allow a designated person to edit the FAQ entry. That way the person who writes it can go back and modify at will.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Friday, October 31, 2008 11:54 AM
this is awesome im glad changes are being made

Friday, October 31, 2008 12:16 PM
Friday, October 31, 2008 1:08 PM
Would it be possible to have more smilies per page so that instead of paging through 8 pages, there are only 4? Or a page similar to the one Phewes posted above me so that the smilies are quick to find instead of digging through pages? Maybe it'll get easier once I used them more, but for now I see it taking a long time to crack a smilie joke

Friday, October 31, 2008 1:15 PM

Friday, October 31, 2008 1:21 PM
Dave wrote:I didn't want to keep the old pixel icons, because I like consistency.

last 2 smilies on page 8 are pixeled

Friday, October 31, 2008 1:40 PM
Phewes wrote:http://www.j-body.com/community/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_001
i like them, not too overdramatic.

Yep, we need that set.

==============================================================

Yes, noob, the search button is for you...

Friday, October 31, 2008 1:43 PM
The_TwStD_1 wrote:
Phewes wrote:http://www.j-body.com/community/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_001
i like them, not too overdramatic.

Yep, we need that set.

no way, im loving the 8 pages worth

its not like you cant use those now anyways

Friday, October 31, 2008 1:46 PM
i see swearing in my PM's

THANKS DAVE!

Friday, October 31, 2008 4:00 PM
my faves. dave you rule.

failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
Friday, October 31, 2008 6:48 PM
FReQ Z (ikE-Zed) wrote:

x eleventy billion

I like that idea.

Saturday, November 01, 2008 12:11 AM
rofl nice new sig joey

Saturday, November 01, 2008 2:06 PM
im on 8 years as well i think, maybe it was another site, but i thought for sure it was this one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search