I might be Getting a new[erish] car!!! - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I might be Getting a new[erish] car!!!
Sunday, January 11, 2009 1:32 AM
my friend is selling his 2003 Pontiac Sunfire

he wants $5000 for it it has under 60,000 on it.

and no rust in places mine does! lol.
[i cant see any on car]
he dont drive it much in winter.
[was a show car. for just lighting and sound had neons. but no more.
and not a DB competition car either. for clean sounding]

it has been in an accident tho. all front stuff been replaced on it.
[was done proffecionally]

but here are some pics

sorry the pics r kinda crappy [cell phone] and i dont have many of them either!
but he also has a sound system and full dynomat to go with that DVD player.

let me know your honest opinion guys! i dont wanna make a bad choice buying this car or not!

Re: I might be Getting a new[erish] car!!!
Sunday, January 11, 2009 1:39 AM
oh, its all stock engine.

all stock interior.

aftermarket sound system.

aftermarket light bulbs.

aftermarket 17" Motegi DP12's [i think DP12's]
hes giving me stock 16" stealies wit sunfire hubcaps too for winter. and yes, 16" stealies. lol]

has seat covers.

that custom grille he made himself.

sponsors on window [when show car, lol]
[i prolly take em off]

and some sustom pinstriping!
[stick on, not painted. haha]

Sunday, January 11, 2009 1:44 AM
i wouldnt pay 5 grand for it

Sunday, January 11, 2009 5:56 AM
Considering a 2003 Fire with 59k on it and in excellent condition is about $4200 on KBB,I would offer $4000

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Sunday, January 11, 2009 6:08 PM
headlights look misaligned badly, but it would def be an upgrade imo.. offer 4k

Fire is gone unfortunately! Parts 4 sale, look in Mid-Central...
Sunday, January 11, 2009 8:09 PM
i'd say $4,000 FIRM, if it blue books at $4200 any smart person would go by that and offer nothing over that. Bring that up to him that you seen it BB for $4200 and say $4,000. Tell him i don't care about your wheels or blue painted drums, you can put steelies on it lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, January 11, 2009 8:09 PM

Monday, January 12, 2009 9:16 AM
plus its been in a wreck i would actaully go 3500 tops but thats just me. remember the mods dont add value
Monday, January 12, 2009 1:17 PM
well here is whut the kbb for the car if it was in GOOD condition with all the STOCK/FACTORY options was at $4,550

whut u think bout his offer of 5 with sounds, tint, dvd, and rims?

because of accident u still think 5 too much?
...its proffesionally fixed at shop.
but it wasnt reperted to insurance. so technically its not a salvage he says.

he a pretty good friend. but whut yall guys still thinkin?
i dont wanna buy a car that gonna fall apart like my cav is now!
and i dont wanna be ripper off.
...i know that ppl say that aftermarket stuff does not add to price.
but he bought them. and would like a lil bit for them.
thats y i was wondering if 5 was a legit good price and not a ripp.
caz car apperently worth 4,550. and he wants 5 with all aftermarket stuff.
plus giving me all the stock stuff that came on it too.

but it is technically a salvage car that has b een fixed to original.
[been fixed for years now]
and i dont know how much that comes into play with pricing.

so
thanks alot guys!

with this some new/kinda old info i hope this helps u help me out a lil better!

-brent.

P.S. also if i buy a new car. i will prolly be parting out my car.
if anyone needs anything. lemme know! and i will see about it if i buy this one/other car!

Monday, January 12, 2009 1:36 PM
wow that was nearly impossible to read. please type out all the words if you want people to understand what you are saying.

what type of accident was it in? was it a fender bender or was it a major accident?

Monday, January 12, 2009 2:09 PM
I'd go for $4k cash. Mods don't add money certainly not 'show car" mods. Tell him to even put the steelies back on it if he wants to try to get $5k out of it because i bet you hes trying to up sell it because of the wheels and extras.

Just because it has been wrecked before doesn't mean it's any less of a car. A family member manages the biggest body shop in our area that wins small business of the year, year after year and that's a professional body shop. I can't say it's been professionally fixed for others though that doesn't have a reputation at all sadly.

Monday, January 12, 2009 2:22 PM
Wait.. salvage car.. meaning salvage title? $5,000? Hehehehehehehe.

Monday, January 12, 2009 5:35 PM
if its salvage i would pay NO MORE than 3000. salvage means it may never be correct again. thats why salvage on the title.

Monday, January 12, 2009 6:17 PM
i can't believe you would consider paying $5000 for a salvage titled car. $2500 sounds more like it, in that case.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Monday, January 12, 2009 8:41 PM
Ouch!

3500 would be tops, even if he is a friend.....

Too much could go wrong with a car that has been repaired, even if it looks good....

Monday, January 12, 2009 9:45 PM
a salvage title is a salvage title man... although a nice looking car, it is worth much less now, and will continue to be when you go to sell it later...

Did I mention I drive a 2000 Lumina now?-----wigm-tuners.org member
Monday, January 12, 2009 9:55 PM
wait a minute... it says he never reported it to insurance... so it likely has a clean title. also, he did buy the mods, and he wants a little bit for them. ok, but dont let him upsell these things. I did the math on KBB.com and came up with $4320 for good condition, private party. I'd say $4k, if he's a good friend he will work with you a bit. good luck man!

Did I mention I drive a 2000 Lumina now?-----wigm-tuners.org member
Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:54 AM
thats why im trying to find out what kind of accident it was in and what was fixed. if he never reported it to the insurance, it could of been something small or it could of been something major that he didnt want a salvage title for.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:17 AM
why dont you take the $4000 and put it into your current car? I see you have the 2200. swap it out and go from there. i understand wanting to buy a "newer" car but IMO you have a good base to start with in your car. $4000 is alot of money and alot can be done with it

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 5:22 AM
AWD GS wrote:wow that was nearly impossible to read. please type out all the words if you want people to understand what you are saying.

what type of accident was it in? was it a fender bender or was it a major accident?

+1

use some damn punctuation, grammar, and spell check for christ sake.

$5000 for that is robbery. Being salvage, I would personally go absolutely no higher then $3000, maybe less depending on what you state requires to get a salvage car back on the road.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 10:36 AM
J03Y wrote:
AWD GS wrote:wow that was nearly impossible to read. please type out all the words if you want people to understand what you are saying.

+1

use some damn punctuation, grammar, and spell check for christ sake.

$5000 for that is robbery. Being salvage, I would personally go absolutely no higher then $3000, maybe less depending on what you state requires to get a salvage car back on the road.

+2

when I smacked a deer with my '86 Z I had the option of buying it back from insurance for $50 and using the insurance money to fix it, as it just needed the header panel, front bumper cover and left fender, but I'd have a salvage title on it, so I bit the bullet and let it go

If you got it, a BIG truck brought it!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009 12:32 PM

major. but it was 2 years ago. everything was replaced on the front end of the car. from firewall to front basically.
hes been driving it for about 2 years now. no problems with it.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 12:35 PM
JM Graphics / The Sticker Guy! wrote:I'd go for $4k cash. Mods don't add money certainly not 'show car" mods. Tell him to even put the steelies back on it if he wants to try to get $5k out of it because i bet you hes trying to up sell it because of the wheels and extras.

Just because it has been wrecked before doesn't mean it's any less of a car. A family member manages the biggest body shop in our area that wins small business of the year, year after year and that's a professional body shop. I can't say it's been professionally fixed for others though that doesn't have a reputation at all sadly.

the stealies r on it right now. caz its winter. he giving me all stuff to put it back to stock for the price. if he sold it all stock it would be 4500. 5000 with rims, DVD player, all speakers replaced, and subs. i think 500 is worth it. and i would pay 500 for rims, dvd player, subs, and speakers. so lets just talk about the cars worth. and not its upgrades. haa

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 12:37 PM
974drfire wrote:wait a minute... it says he never reported it to insurance... so it likely has a clean title. also, he did buy the mods, and he wants a little bit for them. ok, but dont let him upsell these things. I did the math on KBB.com and came up with $4320 for good condition, private party. I'd say $4k, if he's a good friend he will work with you a bit. good luck man!

you are right. if he went to insurance company they would have givin the car a salvage title. but he didnt. so the title is in fact clean.

its a dirty, but clean car, hehe.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 12:39 PM
HardcoreXSunfire wrote:why dont you take the $4000 and put it into your current car? I see you have the 2200. swap it out and go from there. i understand wanting to buy a "newer" car but IMO you have a good base to start with in your car. $4000 is alot of money and alot can be done with it

i dont have $4000 to put into my current car. i would love to keep my car and do that. but cant. im broke.
if i get a new car, my parents would be fronting me the cash and i would be paying them back!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 12:42 PM
and sorry about typing like i was on AIM.

...i was on it while asking about the car and was is AIM mode, lol.

but ya. looks like most of you are saying no to paying that much for it.

so my other option is to buy a new base model cobalt with no options for like 7-9,000ish.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search