J-Body magazine? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
J-Body magazine?
Saturday, January 31, 2009 4:53 PM
I've always looked around for a magazine that has some j-body's in it but I have never come across any. Wondering if there is any magazines out there that advertise for j's or is there any way we could get a magazine started? It would be good promotion for different company's and let the j-body scene get more recognized cause there are some really nice j's out there. Anyone know if it is possible to get a magazine started?

Re: J-Body magazine?
Saturday, January 31, 2009 5:51 PM
There used to be one...

And honestly... who wants to buy a magazine about a car that's no longer made?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, January 31, 2009 6:44 PM
domesticdriver.com used to by j-body magazine...

Quote:

It would be good promotion for different company's and let the j-body scene get more recognized

not many companies are interested in a platform thats been dead for 4 years...

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, January 31, 2009 10:06 PM
This is true....but I'm sure people who own a j-body would be interested in buying it...although j's have been "dead" for 4 years doesn't mean no one will buy the magazine....I think its just really @!#$ty cause there are some wicked j-body's that deserve recognition...even if there was a magazine that gave j's some coverage, not necessarily an entire mag designated for j's. I know the support for j's is hard to come by as its easy to see with the amount of aftermarket options for our cars. Anyways, I thought I'd just give a shout out to see if anything was out there or if anything could become available.

Saturday, January 31, 2009 10:24 PM
Schulte's was in SCC last year.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Sunday, February 01, 2009 12:08 AM
[ion wrote: C2]Schulte's was in SCC last year.

that was the first thing I thought of too...lol

Sunday, February 01, 2009 7:38 AM
Matthew Jollymore wrote:This is true....but I'm sure people who own a j-body would be interested in buying it...although j's have been "dead" for 4 years doesn't mean no one will buy the magazine....I think its just really @!#$ty cause there are some wicked j-body's that deserve recognition...even if there was a magazine that gave j's some coverage, not necessarily an entire mag designated for j's. I know the support for j's is hard to come by as its easy to see with the amount of aftermarket options for our cars. Anyways, I thought I'd just give a shout out to see if anything was out there or if anything could become available.

actually their not. and those that do complain that the magazine isnt high quality and then the guy has to come on here every month making posts trying to get people to submit info on their car and they dont so he had to open it up to other magazines because the number of good carsn isnt enough. the amount of intrest isnt enough etc. etc. etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, February 01, 2009 9:07 AM
this is very unfortunate...guess thats the reality of things. Well I was just wondering what people had to say about this topic and it appears to be pretty negative so chances are nothing is gonna change. Too bad someone didn't know of a magazine that was willing to give j's some coverage. Anyways, thanks for giving the heads up that this is a dead topic.

Sunday, February 01, 2009 5:13 PM
BuMmErZ old Sunfire was in Performance Auto and Sound up here about a year ago. they did a full article on the car.

Sunday, February 01, 2009 5:17 PM
Shifted wrote:There used to be one...

uhm.. about 75% of car enthusiast magazine readers?

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...
Sunday, February 01, 2009 5:31 PM
Project Car did up a Cavalier in one of their earlier issues.

Sunday, February 01, 2009 5:46 PM
z yaaaa wrote:
Shifted wrote:There used to be one...

uhm.. about 75% of car enthusiast magazine readers?

Yeah, about popular models, Supra's, JDM spec cars, old muscle, new muscle.... not a dead grocery getter, no matter if we know our cars have more potential than a lot of imports, it's just not a popular "reader attracting" platform.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, February 02, 2009 9:28 AM
eh, on Shifted's note,

I may start something:

GROCERY GETTER MONTHLY

Sound good?

Didn't think so.....

Monday, February 02, 2009 9:40 AM
I found the feature for your magazine John.

Tinkles
v. intr.
1. To make light metallic sounds, as those of a small bell.
2. Informal To urinate.
v. tr.
1. To cause to tinkle.
2. To signal or call by tinkling.
n.
1. A light, clear metallic sound or a sound suggestive of it.
2. An act or instance of tinkling.

Monday, February 02, 2009 1:18 PM
Brad wrote:BuMmErZ old Sunfire was in Performance Auto and Sound up here about a year ago. they did a full article on the car.

yeah he's also working alongside the magazine and had some major sponsorship. from what he told me they pretty much only do cars that the sponsors ask them to shoot. kinda dissapointing but i guess you gotta pay the bills somehow.ive tried to email them a few times but havnt gotten any response, ever.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, February 02, 2009 2:07 PM
Let's see... things I've read in magazines about J-Bodies:

- The SCC issue which one article was "The ten craziest swap ideas ever conceived". They included the idea of taking a wrecked Evo and swapping in all the working components.
- The few issues of SCC where they were kicking around the idea of a project J-body
- Joe's Cav as car of the month in SCC
- Project car's build up of Project Cruiser, which despite all the flak it took here was a logical build for what they got, and Rick Chu himself even came on here and said that they originally had an ecotec car lined up that they got screwed on, which inspired the article on how to not get screwed when buying a car used.

And that's about it. All in all, JBO seems to be the only source for Js that has useful bits instilled into it here and there, along with the more Gen 2 driven V6Z24.com.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, February 02, 2009 7:22 PM
Zenith wrote:Project Car did up a Cavalier in one of their earlier issues.

Yep, I get this mag every time a new one comes out. Good write ups. Real builds.

FU Tuning

Monday, February 02, 2009 9:13 PM
i remember seeing another Cav in PAS, i think it was 95-99, gold&green paint i believe idk if it belonged to anyone on here

---

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 8:18 AM
that likely would have been the mulls. which had major sponsorship

Monday, February 16, 2009 12:33 PM
Chuck (Chesterton) wrote:i remember seeing another Cav in PAS, i think it was 95-99, gold&green paint i believe idk if it belonged to anyone on here

Definatly Bob Mull's, I still have that issue laying around somewhere...

FOR SALE
Thursday, February 19, 2009 1:52 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=332634&t=332627#332634

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster

***BREAKING NEWS*** notec's steps to a brighter American future:
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=36&i=58477&t=58099#58477

Sunday, March 08, 2009 11:50 PM
what issue(s) did Project Car do a Cavalier? I always thought Ricki Chu was awesome and was a lil saddened when he left SCC, but after lookin at the first few issues of Project and it looked like it was more or less gonna be a beater drift car mag, I left it alone

I've seen j's in a few mags.. there was an issue of SCC a few yrs back (there was a red EVO8 and a Porsche Carrera on the cover) where they covered a single cam turbo Cavalier coupe from Canada (they called it the Beer Runner) and then they covered Edelbrock's '02 Cavalier Z24dr that was all kinds of hooked up, and was spraying. the same mag also covered some chick's '00-'02 Cavi that was sponsored by Axis Wheels.. it was silver/black/orange, sportin a set of 19s on it. also, an issue of Super Street WAAAY back in the day covered the J-Body Bash.. I've also heard that Modified used to cover j-bodies alot back then..

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, March 09, 2009 8:44 AM
I Wanna See You Suffer wrote:what issue(s) did Project Car do a Cavalier? I always thought Ricki Chu was awesome and was a lil saddened when he left SCC, but after lookin at the first few issues of Project and it looked like it was more or less gonna be a beater drift car mag, I left it alone

I believe it was the 2nd issue.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Monday, March 09, 2009 7:15 PM
Scott Ryman wrote:- Project car's build up of Project Cruiser, which despite all the flak it took here was a logical build for what they got, and Rick Chu himself even came on here and said that they originally had an ecotec car lined up that they got screwed on, which inspired the article on how to not get screwed when buying a car used.

hahaha, I remember that issue, lol.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 12:38 AM
hmmm, what kinda J did they end up going with? Z24, GT, LN2?

back then, weren't the issues not monthly? like, quarterly or every other month or something?

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search