J-Body magazine? - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: J-Body magazine?
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 11:09 AM
I have my issues of Jbody magazine! I think they are from 04/05!

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 5:26 PM
I have my old issues of J-Body Magazine still. I think I bought 4 or 5 of them.

Thursday, April 02, 2009 9:51 PM
I believe Project car got ahold of a Red 2-door LN2 powered Cavy with an automatic transmission.... I think they called it "not bad for a cruiser"

It pissed a lot of us off LOL

As far as the SCC thing.... my subscription ran out about the same time they where bad mouthing J-bodies and I never renewed because of that...... then shortly after.... the started only writing about higher end more expensive cars (it was during the time when they had an EVO hardon for some reason) and I completely lost interest.

It's really sad..... I used to love to read that magazine.... I read it cover to cover and couldn't wait for the next issue to come out..... then it went to crap.... I'm still dissapointed about that..

At least The Horse Backstreet Choppers is still a good damn magazine.

I am kinda tired of hearing the dead platform thing.... there are a lot of dead platforms out there that have mags devoted to them.

It doesn't have anything to do with J-bodies being a dead platform..... it's because the fan base is soo damn small. Our cars just arnt popular at all.... thats why you'll never see another J-body magazine...... the fact that they arnt made anymore is just a coincidence.

Besides.... even if there was one.... it would just be full of cars and mods that are on this site.

Friday, April 03, 2009 12:55 AM
Weebel wrote:

I am kinda tired of hearing the dead platform thing.... there are a lot of dead platforms out there that have mags devoted to them.

It doesn't have anything to do with J-bodies being a dead platform..... it's because the fan base is soo damn small. Our cars just arnt popular at all.... thats why you'll never see another J-body magazine...... the fact that they arnt made anymore is just a coincidence.

Besides.... even if there was one.... it would just be full of cars and mods that are on this site.

QFT

I wish I had some j-body mags.. I'd have a lifetime subscription, thats for damn sure. and if the Ford Focus can have its own mag, why cant we? I mean, at least have a quarterly one..

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Friday, April 03, 2009 1:02 AM
^^^^ The Ford Focus has a magazine devoted to it?

WTF!?!?

Monday, April 06, 2009 1:20 PM
yea, it was pretty retarded.. it was called The Focus Fanatic. a guy I worked with back in '04 had a subscription (and a '00 Focus ZX3.. poor sucker), and would leave it in the bathroom (the mag, not the car), so when I was droppin the in-laws off at the pool, I'd check it out (after I read thru the Super Street and SCC I'd bring in).. it's pretty much like what a j-body mag would be; it was mostly members of FoculJet, the Focus equivelent to JBO.. with a few outside guys. some of their sh*t was cool, but anything that was, was not streetable.. like the Focus ZX4 that had a twin-turbo Cobra motor in it

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search