Cobal Swap-out Question?? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cobal Swap-out Question??
Friday, March 27, 2009 1:39 PM
Ok I am a new guy to this so be kind. I have searched this entire computer for a cobal to cavalier swap I know there will be ALOT of work involved but I am up for the challenge. I Have of course a 99 cavi with the wonderfully not so powerful 2200, I also have a 2006 cobalt completly destroyed in an accident with 16,000 miles the car is complete with the exception of the seats, the guy kept those I guess since they saved his butt he should keep them. Anyway I am very mechanically inclined to tackle this project so if there is anyone out ther that can advise me as to where to start this swap I would greatly appreciate it. or am I just wasting my time and just sell the Cobalt.

Re: Cobal Swap-out Question??
Friday, March 27, 2009 1:42 PM
Make that a Cobalt SS 2.0 Supercharged sorry about that

Friday, March 27, 2009 3:08 PM
There is only one person that I know of who attempted the 2.0SC swap into a J-body... and after over a year of trying to make it fit, abandoned the project.

So.. without tubing front end of the car... I'd say it's officially "Not possible".

...j

Friday, March 27, 2009 3:48 PM
That's a bummer! guess I gotta go to plan B or C 2.4 or V-6. I just can't see why it would be so difficult I saw a northstar swap and that looked like a bitch! oh well I guess I'll have a Totalled Cobalt for sale.

Friday, March 27, 2009 5:07 PM
Darryl Bennett wrote: oh well I guess I'll have a Totalled Cobalt for sale.

i'll give ya abou' tree-fiddy.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, March 27, 2009 7:05 PM
Plus another 0.00 after that for a grand total of 3500.00 n we gotta deal. Motor tranny ,wiring, gauges hell the whole car minus seats and axles thr wreck destroyed the hubs n broke the outer cv I gots pics.

Friday, March 27, 2009 7:37 PM
Darryl Bennett wrote:Ok I am a new guy to this so be kind. I have searched this entire computer for a cobal to cavalier swap I know there will be ALOT of work involved but I am up for the challenge. I Have of course a 99 cavi with the wonderfully not so powerful 2200, I also have a 2006 cobalt completly destroyed in an accident with 16,000 miles the car is complete with the exception of the seats, the guy kept those I guess since they saved his butt he should keep them. Anyway I am very mechanically inclined to tackle this project so if there is anyone out ther that can advise me as to where to start this swap I would greatly appreciate it. or am I just wasting my time and just sell the Cobalt.

Depends what you mean by this- start cutting, its all just metal and goes back together with a welder

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Friday, March 27, 2009 7:46 PM
John Lenko wrote:There is only one person that I know of who attempted the 2.0SC swap into a J-body... and after over a year of trying to make it fit, abandoned the project.

So.. without tubing front end of the car... I'd say it's officially "Not possible".

...j

lol

Friday, March 27, 2009 9:07 PM
Just trying to get a little homework done before I fire up the torches and welder, I know alot of fabricating is evident as far as mounting goes, not to mention the wiring. just much easier with a little heads-up... haven't done anything this extreme yet.i have another cavi shell to work with so I don't have to hack up mine, so that will be the ground for the build if i decide to go forward with it.

Friday, March 27, 2009 9:41 PM
It would be ALOT easier to swap in a 2.2L eco and trans from a eco J and then swap the S/C parts from the 2.0L over.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Friday, March 27, 2009 9:56 PM
Unless I missed read something everywhere I read stated the 2.0 LSJ S/C would not bolt up to a 2.2 ECO without a custom manifold? am I wrong?

Friday, March 27, 2009 9:59 PM
All my S/C stuff came off a 2.0L S/C(LSJ). Everything is a direct swap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, March 27, 2009 10:02 PM

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Friday, March 27, 2009 11:51 PM
Well that may be wrth looking into then, I just might know where I can get my hands on a 2.2 eco for cheap the whole car that is.

Saturday, March 28, 2009 1:40 PM
nullhttp://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/dmoose/P2250249.JPG

Saturday, March 28, 2009 1:44 PM
http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/dmoose/P2250249.JPG

Trying the picture thing not working out so well

Saturday, March 28, 2009 1:48 PM
[-img][/img-]

Remove the - from the tags and paste the image location in between them.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Saturday, March 28, 2009 1:52 PM
or just click the add image button in the reply box, and paste the address, and it does the tags for you.

Check out my build thread!

Saturday, March 28, 2009 3:30 PM

WAYYYY TO Freekn BIG!!!!LOL Sorry bout that

Saturday, March 28, 2009 3:52 PM
Thanks for the help Tinkles

Saturday, March 28, 2009 4:24 PM
same color as mine. not digging the strip going from the fender all the way back

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, March 28, 2009 4:45 PM
That is why I wanted Something different than everyone else concidering what it used to be it turned out beyond my expectations. But thanks for the input.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search