Official "I dented my hood b/c I put something on the strut tower" thread - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Official "I dented my hood b/c I put something on the strut tower" thread
Sunday, March 08, 2009 5:48 PM
jeas.. you guys need to start placing your tools up on the cowl.

lol i was always taught to check for things left under the hood after working on an engine bay.... whats your guys' excuses?!

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...

Sunday, March 08, 2009 9:50 PM
On the cowl?!?! Thats terribly advise. I used to do that - then I learned my lesson. Had a few bolts fall under the cowl by the wholes for wiper arms. Had to take the cowl off to get the bolts back, and that SOB is a pain to put back on!
Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:14 PM
I believe mine was done by a ratchet when that horrible excuse of a hood prop gave out.

Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:33 PM
Ratchet here, left a huge "hump" above the strut tower.

Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:48 PM
I always screw up and pop the front of the car up(air ride) while the hood is open causing the hood to come crashing down and the hood prop bar beats the CRAP out of the pass fender lol. It also Usually Latches the Hood shut....With the Prop sticking out between the fender and Hood.

Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:50 PM
my 1/2 and 10mm sockets sat in the strut tower of my sedan parked in the driveway for i dont eve know how long. I walked arround cursing that i couldnt find them for weeks until i bought new ones. 3months later i finally get arround to pulling the fenders off it and violas! my sockes! i think i was more pissed that i actually found them... no dents tho.

Also, ile post one on a friend he left his phone on the ledge where the trunk closes while messing with his system one night. slammed the trunk and broke the screen lol
Thursday, March 12, 2009 5:47 PM
socket wrench left on the inside lip of the fender...im a (dumb-dumb) wondered why it looked funny...haha fail on me !!!

Sunday, March 15, 2009 3:34 PM
i may as well add mine 1 bolt on strut tower = 1 small dent oh well it is all fixed now
Sunday, March 15, 2009 5:24 PM
i left my phone smushed between the hood and radiator support of my sisters car. she drive it around for 3 hours before i realized.

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Monday, March 16, 2009 8:07 PM
Mines good, I was working and must have knocked the screwdriver off the radiator support. Driving around and the car was over heated, looked and the fan fuse was blown, replaced it 3 times till I tried to look for the problem, about 30 seconds and I saw the screwdriver sticking out of the back of the fan. No wonder it was blowing fuses. No problems since. You guys should get a good laugh at that one. I have also smashed my hand a few times as I'm closing the hood I realize I forgot something and try to catch the hood before it closes. Done it twice and learned my lesson.

03 Sunfire - Sold.
Monday, March 16, 2009 9:09 PM
my buddys figer once he let me know real quick when i did it lol slammed the hood on it

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 9:43 AM
my buddy lifted his hood while there was ice behind the hinges, had two nice tabs sticking up when he put it back down.

Let Yourself Bleed If You Are To Let Blood; Brother, You Are In Error - Shai Hulud
Thursday, March 19, 2009 12:13 AM
Not really because of any tools, but when the guy who gave me the Beretta was first looking at the engine, he left the hood on the prop rod while out to get a couple parts. Then the wind picked up. I doubt I need to explain the outcome.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, March 28, 2009 9:27 AM
Sounds like GM should have put a sticker on the strutowers! "DO NOT PLACE OBJECTS HERE!" 1/4 Drive ratchet for me by the way 1 week after the paint job just a tiny ding though.

Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:11 PM
EVILution wrote:I believe mine was done by a ratchet when that horrible excuse of a hood prop gave out.

Sounds similar to mine but mine was dumb'er'. lol I was swappin hoods and forgot the stock hood is obviously heavier, I left the hood prop holding it in the middle as I was taking the back bolts off once the last 1 came off the back lifted the rod buckled and gave way and crashin down came my stock hood. I'm not a very big/strong person so tryin to catch that and not drop it was even funnier lol I'm used to my CF/FG hood being light enough that the middle prop will hold it with no bolts. lol I think I only suffered a very minor fender dent from the stock hood falling, only see it if ur really lookin. lol Lucky I suppose...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search