Anthony Jone's Cavalier..... - Page 3 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Anthony Jone's Cavalier.....
Friday, March 06, 2009 9:20 AM

Really......
I guess it takes all types..

AWD GS wrote:

Friday, March 06, 2009 9:48 AM
Butt hurt much? I have seen Bummerz (sp) car and it looks better in pictures than it does in person. Some of the flaws are easy to spot if you have the slightest clue as to what to look for. The same story can be said for many cars that you see pictures of on here. Look great in pictures but not so much in person. Even my cars hide major flaws in pictures.

As far as I see it for a car to be considered a "top rated" car it needs to be damn near flawless. Go to any major show (not J-body show) and look at the cars that are winning compared to those that are coming in behind them. A car with any flaw in it will fall behind. I have had limited time looking at Fetters car but I have yet to find anything I saw as a flaw. It seems as if he repaints that car whenever it needs a waxing.

Friday, March 06, 2009 10:16 AM

Fetter’s car is my favorite Jbody when it comes down to over all performance....
However he doesn't care about audio, ICE, show point stuff will decrease the points needed for a Best of Show award..! Which Best of Show is one thing he ( Fedder ) more than likely doesn’t give a rats a$$ about, where on the other hand is all that Justin thinks about…. I am not talking Fetter’s master piece down one iota.....! He has built one of the sickest Jbodies ever (won’t surprise me if one of you wants to disagree with that as well) however we are not talking apple to apples...

Two totally different directions in builds...! Justin’s and Fetter’s list of what they wanted their car to be once it was finished are completely different.

My butt will always be just fine...and I would rather you not think, fantasize or worry about my butt in the future ...!

Thanks

Friday, March 06, 2009 10:42 AM
i think he was referring more to the attention to detail on fetters car like grinding down all the welds for the turbo setup and a completely smooth engine bay.

either way both cars are top notch, can we quit bitching about whos car is better and who has more nut swingers?

Friday, March 06, 2009 11:02 AM

Again with the male anatomy,

I prefer to leave it as they are both awesome cars in they’re own way….both different in many respects, however both extremely wicked builds.

Swing on whatever does it for you..!

Have a great weekend fellas...!

Friday, March 06, 2009 11:20 AM
Zspot wrote: then make sure that there’s not one little sanding mark or dust particle anywhere…after all that…. and only after all that you’ll be known as a great Jbody builder around here…..Tough Crowd..!

Um yes... I don't care if it is a J-body, F-body, Civic, or street rod. If you put the time into building a show car and want to win shows, you pay attention to body work. And no, we sanding and buffing will not cure sand marks. Those sand marks are in the filler and primer under the paint, NOT in the clear coat.

I understand he is either a friend of yours or you are just another mindless Canadian nut swinger that thinks that anyone who puts time into their car and is in your little clique is god. Either way, his car is NOT flawless and should not be considered(especially by his own cocky description), a "dream j-body". He needs to get over himself and all you damn nut swingers need to stop feeding that already over-inflated ego. I saw plenty of flaws beyond just a couple sanding marks at the bash. I don't care how much or how little time you had to put into it to get it ready in time, you want to be considered a "best of show" kind of car, you need to pay attention to details.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Friday, March 06, 2009 11:32 AM
my car sucks! but I love it.

I agree with most of you guys. its always easy to forget those many good things after finding some little bad.

Friday, March 06, 2009 1:34 PM
why does everyone feel the need to bash everyones work. this little pissing match got started over someone thinking someone car is a pos. who cares, its not that big a deal. hell your not even arguing about the car the post is about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, March 06, 2009 4:23 PM
Jason is right. we can't really please anyone. We all are different. Respect. Nothing is perfect but we can make it right.

Seems like we do have some high expectations for this community, mostly from those OGs. New guys will be awesome either way. Cause J platform is long gone now. We are representing the J history now. That's why we need to do our best if we are serious about keeping our J's. For how long? you decide. I try my best to keep it. Cause in 20 years later, its gonna be BAIASS!

Friday, March 06, 2009 4:40 PM
But to me... Haters can be good for all of us.

Haters = Motivation.

That is why I love them!

edit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, March 06, 2009 4:46 PM

@!#$! triple post!! damn my blackberry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, March 06, 2009 4:45 PM

Friday, March 06, 2009 6:00 PM
Phewes wrote:@!#$! triple post!! damn my blackberry.

damn newbs lol

i wouldn't call it a pissing match, no name calling was made, and we've even done some talking outside of the forum to prove none of us are going to get our feelings hurt. I call it a good old fashioned debate i've said my piece, so...../thread as far as I'm concerned

Friday, March 06, 2009 6:46 PM
Don't build a show-car with intense body mods and fail to do the most important step to showcase these body mods by throwing a piss-poor paintjob over it with poor prep showing. Majority of that it is under the paint. There is no debating this!

Same goes for Vince's car. It's sad, and this doesn't mean I don't have respect for these guys nor the work but I honestly don't understand nor think there are any excuses for it. Your sponsor rushed you? Who's car is it again? Sorry. I will not present @!#$ because of some sticker-funded nonsense. I'd rather pay for my shit than make excuses like that.

This has nothing to do with Justin, we talked this out via PM BTW so don't twist it.

While we're Canadian nut-swinging about car's that look questionable in person my question is where is this car's publicity? Is it because it actually plays the part of a well-built and properly done car? Cause I'm buying what I see in these pictures. Beautiful bodywork and lines, I won't judge paint through pictures but if I was, equal.....amazing carbon fiber work, Tein's with EDFC, well-detailed engine with polished M45....ouch this car must hurt some feelings!-

Enjoy.

Friday, March 06, 2009 9:02 PM
^ aarons (flipspeeds car) is hands down straighter then an arrow. bodywork and paint is flawless.

...my car > owns everyones

Friday, March 06, 2009 9:19 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:Don't build a show-car with intense body mods and fail to do the most important step to showcase these body mods by throwing a piss-poor paintjob over it with poor prep showing. Majority of that it is under the paint. There is no debating this!

Same goes for Vince's car. It's sad, and this doesn't mean I don't have respect for these guys nor the work but I honestly don't understand nor think there are any excuses for it. Your sponsor rushed you? Who's car is it again? Sorry. I will not present @!#$ because of some sticker-funded nonsense. I'd rather pay for my shit than make excuses like that.

This has nothing to do with Justin, we talked this out via PM BTW so don't twist it.

While we're Canadian nut-swinging about car's that look questionable in person my question is where is this car's publicity? Is it because it actually plays the part of a well-built and properly done car? Cause I'm buying what I see in these pictures. Beautiful bodywork and lines, I won't judge paint through pictures but if I was, equal.....amazing carbon fiber work, Tein's with EDFC, well-detailed engine with polished M45....ouch this car must hurt some feelings!-

Enjoy.

And guess who did the engine bay work for that car???

Friday, March 06, 2009 9:39 PM
holy @!#$ Aaron is the man! that looks flawless!

Saturday, March 07, 2009 8:28 AM
ive been debating on flaring the fender for years and that car makes me want to do it even more. but then id need to repainting and new wheels. damn i hate people sometimes.

but in reality. for a show car yes paint is a very important thing for a show car. i remember when i first got the flames put on i was almost embarresed in person because at the time i didnt have it wetsanded and buffed and i know for a fact that the orange peel killed me in shows. since its been buffed and waxed ive yet to lose a show.. great painters are few and far between and the ones that know it charge out the butt for it. ones that are good can sometimes be backed up for months with guys waiting in line to be sprayed, and sometimes you just dont have the cash to get it done. not everyone has the money or time to have everything perfect at once. hell im still rocking a stock engine (though it is swapped) just because someone has a show car doesnt mean they nessicarily feel it is perfect and flawless. i could probalby point out 100 flaws on my car easily. tara could problaby pick out 200 but shes even more picky then me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, March 07, 2009 9:53 AM
sndsgood wrote: just because someone has a show car doesnt mean they nessicarily feel it is perfect and flawless. i could probalby point out 100 flaws on my car easily. tara could problaby pick out 200 but shes even more picky then me.
I can relate to your comment... I can pick out flaws on mine all day long(as I did all the work/know every inch of the car), most just don't see them.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, March 07, 2009 3:43 PM
I love how this thread went from "What color is this" to "Who the #*@& made you the judge of quality..." I would still like to know that color...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, March 07, 2009 3:44 PM

==============================================================

Yes, noob, the search button is for you...

Saturday, March 07, 2009 4:15 PM
The_TwStD_1 wrote:I love how this thread went from "What color is this" to "Who the #*@& made you the judge of quality..." I would still like to know that color...

In the second post of this thread there is a link to Anthonys car domain page ........ It list the paint as (samurai candy orange paint )
and his Org profile list it as (Le Mans Sunset)

This is the second are third time its been painted some color of Orange .. ( by the overspray under the door panels)

So your guess is as good as mine .

Monday, March 30, 2009 6:41 AM
I hate to bring this post back from the dead......I hate to bring myself back from the dead.....lol. I believe this is the first time posting in well over a year but I feel its necessary. I have distanced myself dramatically from the car industry upon my return from California in Nov 06 after fabricating one offs for multiple show cars (including Gravanas Saturn Sky that was in GMs SEMA booth 06 and Cynces widebody Tc that made the cover of Performance Auto and Sound). I honestly was blown out on cars. Unfortunately, Robert and John had already taken delivery of my car earlier that summer. Reason being, because I had planned to rebuild the car to be its optimum....and I knew Robert and John were the best and closest to complete my goal. Yes there were flaws....bad paint under the hood, bad wiring and a horrible motor. Any of you from the "old school" (like Ian Lacey) would have known this from the GM Small Car Bash in 05. If you have seen the car in person during its show days I highly doubt you would have any complaint as to the quality of the bodywork, carbon or paint. The only complaints in the day were, "whats up w/ the weak motor?". I didnt pop my hood @ the Bash for the judge and still got 3rd in the toughest class. I won NOPI Nats in my class 2 yrs in a row and received a GM Tuner Award. I also swept my class in many car shows through out the south east in my during the cars era. At one point I had 11 sponsors. Not that any of this matters....the point is I knew the car had not reached its full potential w/out a complete performance overhall. I could just imagine how successful the car would do in competition w/ a swap and boost. If anything, I looked to Robert and John to fix the flaws I knew existed. And they did a wonderful job of that....now I just need new suspension! lol. I now have a freshly painted engine bay, a Ecotec swap w/ boost, and many other performance goodies. The plan was (and still is) to rebuild the interior around the full cage in a performance fashion, change some body work and go w/ a new paint scheme and new offset rims. If you liked the car in 05, you will love the updated, more modern version. But, out of sight out of mind. During the past 2 yrs events in my life and not to mention the fact that I was almost blown out on cars....my car is no longer a priority. The fact that I got into crotch rockets and buying a new Kawi ZX10r didnt help @ all....lol. I have been in and out of touch w/ Robert and it has been my fault he has had posession for so long after completion and being paid in full. I appreciate his patience. I also truly believe him calling the car a pos was just him venting the frustration of doing all the work and fixing all the things he fixed just to see the car sit and waste away instead of being rebuilt and getting back on the scene. I spoke w/ Robert last night and will be taking delivery of the car in 2 weeks. I have been slowly rebuilding my updated interior and am very happy w/ the results thus far. If this car does make it back on the scene, you wont be disappointed. But it will be on my terms w/ no rush whatsoever. For all those who wondered where ive been in this scene, I hope all is well. And for those who dont know who I am...........check out my myspace which highlights some of my automotive aftermarket industry accomplishments.....which by the way shows how passionate i am about cars anymore considering i havent logged in it in almost a year......................www.myspace.com/fiberlab

And to answer the quistion, the coler is LeMans Sunset....featured on the Nissan 350z and it is a factory color.

Monday, March 30, 2009 7:07 AM
Well said sure.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, March 30, 2009 9:51 AM
HE LIVES!!! LOL Good to see you back bro and take your time on the car stuff everyone needs a break now and then.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search