found this on craigslist...good deal? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
found this on craigslist...good deal?
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 4:14 AM
heres the description:
"2.4L Quad 4 , 5 speed only 95,000 miles. New water pump, new time chain/tensioner, new heater core, new plugs, new inspection. This car RUNS awesome. "

im gonna check it out when the seller gets back to me. is the price alright or should i negotiate and go lower? opinions/suggestions/advices?

Re: found this on craigslist...good deal?
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 4:21 AM
Whats the price ?
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 4:30 AM
my fault the seller wants $2500

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 7:59 AM
always try to negotiate. but it seems like a decent deal to me.

Check out my build thread!

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 9:47 AM
^^ Agreed.
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 9:54 AM
Offer 2 grand cash and see where he goes

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 11:07 AM
thanks guys. im on the cross-roads at the moment. deciding on a 4-cyl fuel efficient car or go large and get a LS1 . i can pay straight cash for the sunfire but if i go with the LS1, i'd end up taking out a loan(~$4-5K). right now im driving a 98 grand prix gtp with mods on it already. im already in the works to go turbo on it, so is it best to have a 4-cyl DD or the LS1 as a weekend toy car?

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 2:01 PM
i'd say if you're using the gtp as your toy, get a cheap, fuel efficient beater.

ls1's are always fun though.

Check out my build thread!

Thursday, April 02, 2009 8:47 AM
I'd check over the paint closely. Not sure what year that is, but can tell it's '00-'02. Unless it's been garage kept, the paint is probably ready to peel at this point. My car, my husband's & Bryan over in York all are peeling & they're all black.

Thursday, April 02, 2009 8:59 AM
yea my one friend who owns a regal that use to have a black cavvy said his was peeling off. seems to be mainly the black ones that start to peel.

Thursday, April 02, 2009 4:13 PM
Yep & in that case, I'd pass. Mine started to go maybe a year or so ago & it's going FAST now. It seems every week I see a new spot. On the other hand, if it's been in the garage, you're probably fine. I'd at least try to talk them down a little, I think most people price higher than they want an expect to be negotiated down. LS1 weekend car is fun too, we've got one of those

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search