need help with 2000 silver z24 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need help with 2000 silver z24
Friday, June 26, 2009 5:19 AM
I have a 2000 silver z24 standard and I want to spend some money on it. I don't know what I should spend money on first, tint windows, rims, body kit, paint interior, engine, ect. I am looking for some opinions on the cheapest most effective changes I can do to my car. I am not looking to spend thousands this summer on her just a little bit, but i want to get the most out of the money I spend.

Any ideas?

Re: need help with 2000 silver z24
Friday, June 26, 2009 7:34 AM
What do you want out of you car? Speed or looks?

Looks, I say start with a drop, rims, and tint.

Speed, I say first deside whether you want n/a or forced induction and go from there.

By the budget your on though, I have a feeling you just want bolt ons performance wise and looks the rest of the way. First mod most people get is your standard intake. Next, would probably be a drop. But these are just my opinions and how I started..

Friday, June 26, 2009 8:25 AM
bodykit = no.
drop = yes
tint = yes
rims = maybe
intake = yes

and ecotec swap = hell yes!!!!

Friday, June 26, 2009 9:27 AM
whether you're going for looks or speed, lowering should be one of the first things you do period. it'll dramatically improve the handling of your car.

i say get a decent strut and spring setup, and throw a set of rims on it first of all, then decide where you wanna go from there.

Check out my build thread!

Friday, June 26, 2009 2:18 PM
So it looks like the general idea is that I should lower it first. Any recomendations on brands or anything? also what is it average price for lowering I don't want to get ripped off.

I think I'll start with lowering.
Then I'm thinking exhaust???? any Ideas on a good sounding exhaust.

After that (depending on how much the exhaust is) I might do intake. I am going for looks mainly but also performace. I would like to get more power but I don't want to spend thousands and I don't want to hinder my gas milage too much.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!!!!
Keep them comeing!!!!
Friday, June 26, 2009 10:02 PM
Struts: Tokico D-specs or Koni Yellows are VERY HIGHLY talked about on here.
Springs: mild drop = Eibach pro-kit. Aggressive drop = Eibach Sportlines. There are other good options out there, but those are the most popular.

You will spend a good $600-$800 on a good suspension setup.

Saturday, June 27, 2009 7:38 AM
Look around classifieds for a good deal on a used setup if that price is too steep. I got my suspension from a guy who didnt know any better for 50 bucks. In my area there is a posting on craigslist for new in box dropzones. bushings, caster/camber kit and new sway bar end links for 400. sounds like a good deal to me. There is also agx coilovers for 450.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search