additional forum section? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
additional forum section?
Sunday, February 14, 2010 2:43 PM
I was curious if anyone else would think it's a good idea to have a separate forum section for welding and fabrication and tool/equipment reviews. I like reading peoples build threads but I'm sure lots of people here might have to make something small that doesn't really fit into a specific category.

I know LS1Tech has a sub forum like this with projects, and reviews, I'm wanted to know if anyone else would like to see a separate section like we got for tuning. Anyone this this is a good or bad idea? comments welcome.

Re: additional forum section?
Sunday, February 14, 2010 3:07 PM
i like it

Monday, February 15, 2010 5:31 PM
not bad.

Monday, February 15, 2010 5:47 PM
Good idea....i like tool reviews.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:33 PM
i think it's a good idea.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 4:24 AM
tool/equipment reviews fit right into off topic and welding would go to wether its interior or exterior depending on what your working on. for the amount of posts ive ever seen on either subject (maybe a handfull) just doesnt seem like its worh another forum.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, February 17, 2010 5:44 AM
^ I can agree with you on total volume of posts of that type. I know majority of the people here most likely just don't have the resources to build some things. Would you agree maybe if it was a sub forum, like how the wrecked section is in general? I'm sure if there was a dedicated area that some people might start posting their custom projects a little more often if there was a section for them.

I tried getting a rolling thread going on tool and equipment reviews a going but it didn't make it all that long in off topic. Possibly because some people didn't go to that section on a regular basis that would have had input, and because it got pushed down the page, then to page two etc etc, Some people never may have known about it, or didn't like the idea of scrolling endlessly though a single thread to add their review. And if they did could you imagine how much people wouldn't search through a thread just for one review of a single tool? It would be much easier if we had single threads that were relevant to a given topic rather than having lots of things randomly posted in no order for people to find.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 7:40 AM
maintenance forum - > maintenance/fabrication forum?

Or fabrication could be sub forum in the maintenance forum?

Just throwing out ideas...

Help support the JBO! CLICK HERE!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:17 AM
Daniel Simoes- That makes sense to put it in the maintenance forum as people who need to do repairs would be more likely to look there for tools as well.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 12:28 PM
I think its a good idea.

But possibly a sticky with the most common tools used on J-bodies? Like the most basic tools that will do just about anything. Like a 13 and 15 mm socket and stuff like that

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:14 PM
i know jeepforum.com has a welding/fabrication forum, but i just don't think there's enough fabrication builds to warrant that here. most people just stick to the bolt-on routes.

Check out my build thread!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:29 PM
sndsgood wrote:tool/equipment reviews fit right into off topic and welding would go to wether its interior or exterior depending on what your working on. for the amount of posts ive ever seen on either subject (maybe a handfull) just doesnt seem like its worh another forum.

I agree!!

FU Tuning

Sunday, February 21, 2010 11:16 AM
Oh well, guess I'll just resirect my old thread in OT for my new tool chest and bench/welding area I'm building. Thanks for the input guys. Hopefully we see some more build/review threads but I doubt it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search