GDbodykits.com - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GDbodykits.com
Monday, September 28, 2009 7:54 AM
I just bought an rksport lip from them and it was a really good price and i got 10percent coupon off to. This was about wednesday last week and other than taking the money and confirmation i have had no word of shipment or anything, im kind of worried. Anyone dealt with GDbodykits.com before? I really need this lip soon i cant paint my car until its onnn. By the way my car is being completely redone and two toned i will post pics when im done.

Re: GDbodykits.com
Monday, September 28, 2009 11:04 AM
1st of all, you should've posted this before you bought the lip. posting now isn't going to do you any good. if you would've used a little foresight, you could've prevented yourself from potentially getting ripped off.

2nd, you don't need your lip on to paint. it should be painted separate anyway.

Check out my build thread!

Monday, September 28, 2009 4:42 PM
Ok first off im sick of this board and everyone acting like an a-hole instead of helping ppl, you cant answer the question than dont respond. Dont tell me what to do and not to do with my car i know what im doing, if i wanted ur input on that i woulda asked. If you wanted to answer my question you could have answered it, right now nothing you said has any use to me other than your a complete jerk. If anyone would like to answer me in a helpfull way its appreciated.
Monday, September 28, 2009 5:03 PM
Well thats the ttruth. Our opinion of a company isnt going to help once you already sent your money.

Monday, September 28, 2009 5:19 PM
I bet you know alllll about paint and cars.

Many I wish I could have "custom" red trim on my interior. Dude bitches be hotttt for that @!#$tt.

You have put components in you car that are low to medium level quality and cost. Maybe by yourself or maybe by wal mart i don't know I am not a doctor. However the lack of information in your profile and info on your car tells me that you really don't know much about it and that you also don't really care. Now for not knowing thats fine the forum is meant to inform one another and can be a great resource so thats not a big deal.

But you saying you know what you are doing makes me laugh. Act your age and be humble and ask, or at least ignore the post.

I accidentally the SHIFT LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Monday, September 28, 2009 5:35 PM
Suntothefire wrote:Ok first off im sick of this board and everyone acting like an a-hole instead of helping ppl, you cant answer the question than dont respond. Dont tell me what to do and not to do with my car i know what im doing, if i wanted ur input on that i woulda asked. If you wanted to answer my question you could have answered it, right now nothing you said has any use to me other than your a complete jerk. If anyone would like to answer me in a helpfull way its appreciated.

first of all, i never acted like a jerk. i said you should've posted this first before sending money to an unknown company. that's the truth. if you are going to spend money on a car, that's cool, go ahead and do it. all i said is that you should be more wise about it, and ask the questions beforehand.

second of all, you obviously don't know what you're doing if you think you need to have the lip on the car to have it painted. thats not the way to do it. bumpers, side skirts, lips, etc should all be painted off the car.

i gave my opinion on the subject, take it or leave it. there's way too many people that pay money first before asking the important questions first on JBO. if you end up getting scammed on it, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Monday, September 28, 2009 5:46 PM
M-1 you do not want to go anywhere because you dont know anything about me and how many cars or anything ive done DONT TELL ME I DONT KNOW WHAT I AM DOING. I have alot of experience and expecially with jbodys. Whether u were geting your information of what ive done off other posts or cardomain ive done alot more to my car now and done it all myself. Right now my car is being redone because of a wreck so im basically having to start everything over. Dont try to act like you know anything about me or my skill level with anything. Right now reading your profile you have sh1t done to your car and a hell of lot of mods on the "future list". I dont understand why asking a simple question makes me a rookie of anything. I ordered the lip kit so i could use the discount code, yeah maybe i jumped the gun i will find out. But when my car is done in the next few weeks i can send you pictures of my all my work im doing to the fire after the wreck and the aftermath will be nice because its getting done right and getting done slow.

What i did is here
Painted truck bezel
switched 97 Gt bumpers and sides on and painted to match by me
Pacetter header
2.5 custom done catback camaro style
intake
Welded on evil eyes
loweredd
Right now im in the process
Painted interior
right now im doing all bodywork to my right side since it was wrecked
plus me and my brother did a cavi and neon all up (neon was a show winner)
I grew up fixing old muscle cars
screw you
Monday, September 28, 2009 5:54 PM
I know how to paint a car and kits ive done it twice and seen it done many more. I meant i want everything ready aand painted at one time so i can put it all on because im not telling anyone whats being done to my car i just wanna show up with it redone. Im sorry but i hate when people judge and assume things about a person when they have entirely no idea.
Monday, September 28, 2009 5:58 PM
Suntothefire wrote:I really need this lip soon i cant paint my car until its onnn.

you're right, that was completely an assumption.

Monday, September 28, 2009 6:15 PM
Suntothefire wrote:I know how to paint a car and kits ive done it twice and seen it done many more. I meant i want everything ready aand painted at one time so i can put it all on because im not telling anyone whats being done to my car i just wanna show up with it redone. Im sorry but i hate when people judge and assume things about a person when they have entirely no idea.

then i hope they don't read this forum lol. ah the joys of seeing people eyes open and mouths drop. my opinion and my opinion only, i think you should have bought it from a well known vendor right here on the org. im sure they could have matched or even beatin the price from that website. other then that, i do hope you get it soon. and please post pics. we would love to see it.

Monday, September 28, 2009 6:17 PM
Suntothefire wrote:M-1 you do not want to go anywhere because you dont know anything about me and how many cars or anything ive done DONT TELL ME I DONT KNOW WHAT I AM DOING. I have alot of experience and expecially with jbodys. Whether u were geting your information of what ive done off other posts or cardomain ive done alot more to my car now and done it all myself. Right now my car is being redone because of a wreck so im basically having to start everything over. Dont try to act like you know anything about me or my skill level with anything. Right now reading your profile you have sh1t done to your car and a hell of lot of mods on the "future list". I dont understand why asking a simple question makes me a rookie of anything. I ordered the lip kit so i could use the discount code, yeah maybe i jumped the gun i will find out. But when my car is done in the next few weeks i can send you pictures of my all my work im doing to the fire after the wreck and the aftermath will be nice because its getting done right and getting done slow.

What i did is here
Painted truck bezel
switched 97 Gt bumpers and sides on and painted to match by me
Pacetter header
2.5 custom done catback camaro style
intake
Welded on evil eyes
loweredd
Right now im in the process
Painted interior
right now im doing all bodywork to my right side since it was wrecked
plus me and my brother did a cavi and neon all up (neon was a show winner)
I grew up fixing old muscle cars
screw you

W3Rd

Monday, September 28, 2009 6:26 PM
Quote:

then i hope they don't read this forum lol. ah the joys of seeing people eyes open and mouths drop. my opinion and my opinion only, i think you should have bought it from a well known vendor right here on the org. im sure they could have matched or even beatin the price from that website. other then that, i do hope you get it soon. and please post pics. we would love to see it.

Monday, September 28, 2009 6:34 PM
Ztwenty4door wrote:
Quote:

They have cheaper prices than andys and gravana which i used previously and it was just a super deal i got excited and just ordered. If everything works out well i recommend the site to all. Its the lowest ive seen teh rk sport lip kit. But im going for a black and red two tone (top black basically running along the line that runs right down the fender to the the back) i hope it turns out i havent seen any fires with it on here. I should have the black on this weekend ill post
Monday, September 28, 2009 6:55 PM
No many people run the RKSport lip on here. Its not very popular.

Isnt that lip for SEs? Not GTs? Since the bumper is a different shape. Or I am I thinking of the Wings West Lip?

Monday, September 28, 2009 6:59 PM
Yeah thats why i want it. yeah its for the se i gotta put my old bumper back on, my gt from a 97 was wrecked
Monday, September 28, 2009 7:02 PM
Oh ok. I havent seen a car yet with it that has impressed me. SO make it happen

Monday, September 28, 2009 7:19 PM
In 4 lip kit pics now

Monday, September 28, 2009 7:21 PM
I actually am not a fan of any bodykits or lips on the fire but i cant stand the se stock bumper and i had teh gt already and dont feel like the same look. I like them on red fires, this guy with a red fire and white rims on the board, i think his is pretty nice looking.
Monday, September 28, 2009 9:14 PM
Suntothefire wrote:
Ztwenty4door wrote:
Quote:

They have cheaper prices than andys and gravana which i used previously and it was just a super deal i got excited and just ordered. If everything works out well i recommend the site to all. Its the lowest ive seen teh rk sport lip kit. But im going for a black and red two tone (top black basically running along the line that runs right down the fender to the the back) i hope it turns out i havent seen any fires with it on here. I should have the black on this weekend ill post

i wasnt actually talking about those companies.. more like APlusPerformance.com and others.

Monday, September 28, 2009 9:30 PM
granted they are more expensive, but what if you never get the lip from this no name company? which is more expensive then? throwing money away for nothing and spending it twice? or buying to support the vendors of this site, who like said, would have helped you out on the price for sure.

Monday, September 28, 2009 9:41 PM
^ exactly what i was saying, but somehow i was a jerk for saying it.

always do your research before sending money. there's too many shady characters these days, and the internet makes it even worse.

Monday, September 28, 2009 11:32 PM
My two cents... you're better off supporting a JBO-reputable company, such as one of the sponsors... than throwing money at a company and hoping for the best. Especially after the fact...??

And the spelling and grammar in this thread... is atrocious. That is all I have to say.

...j

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 7:51 AM
I understand what you all are saying about proir research but my initial question was that if anyone has bought from them or know anything about gdbodkits.com, No ones helped with this and its not going to get answered so this thread it over.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 8:27 AM
well said john, and im a rookie myself, but honestly, suntothefire u arent exactly well known, so id stop mouthing off to the reputable members of this site before u create a really bad name for urself, if u get the lip, awesome, if u dont, well u know for next time to avoid the sites that arent well known by other members.

Monday, October 19, 2009 7:51 AM
Well guys i got my kit. The reason it was delayed was because i ordered the sides a day after because i decided wanted them too. So they had to redo the order to combine the shipping and ended up giving me 70 bucks back for shipping since they shipped them together so all worked out well and it was a super price :]
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search