Need help with the bash, spread the word... - Events Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Need help with the bash, spread the word...
Thursday, February 16, 2006 12:40 PM
For the next couple weeks I'm going to be running a number of different polls on the bash's forums to try and get more information about what people want from the event. Please click over and make your voice heard.

http://www.gmsmallcarbash.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=1

Thanks,
Tim

Re: Need help with the bash, spread the word...
Thursday, February 16, 2006 2:21 PM
Thursday, February 16, 2006 5:19 PM
SAC (teabagged by JoeDM) wrote:Voted.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 5:29 PM
Can't vote, not a member.

sig not found
Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:30 PM
so why not join up?

Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:59 PM
What happened to "there will not be a 06 Bash"????

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:59 PM
Tony Wise(emokidpsy) wrote:
SAC (teabagged by JoeDM) wrote:Voted.

Friday, February 17, 2006 5:13 AM
Voted

Thanks Tim for even considering getting a bash together this year. Only a few of the people on here (bash staffers) and a few others have ANY idea about the under taking and stress you put yourself through each year you put an event like this together. I am looking forward to driving where ever it might be this year.

Dave
A new breed of J will be unleashed in 06
Creating the E-RACER one mod at a time
Member of J-Factor
Member of Wisc's J's
1/4 mile 16.084 @ 84.90 (Stock Z) 01 SPDY Z24
Saturday, February 18, 2006 6:49 AM
Tony Wise(emokidpsy) wrote:so why not join up?

Because I am sick of juggling 50 forum mamberships and keeping track of them all.

I probably am registered there, I just don't remember my password.

I have been at the last 5 bashes and my opinion is that about a 3rd of the people are interested in racing, a 3rd are interested in the show, and the last 3rd just want to be there and hang out.

My vote is for a track, although I don't know if it is really necessary to rent it privately.
A show in a place with access to a track running a test and tune, or bracket racing would be fine for most.

sig not found
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:52 AM
Maybe doing some kind of partial renting?? I don't know what's available or anything.
The racing aspect isn't essential, but I'd do it if it's available (not like I'm going to win anything; wings add 10 HP right? )

Sunday, February 26, 2006 1:17 PM
Skilz10179 wrote:What happened to "there will not be a 06 Bash"????
There better be a bash this year. It was soooo fun last year. I just went and looked around; didn't enter my car or anything (I had only had it for a few days) and it was still a great time. This year I had planned on entering my car just for the fun of it. I loved the whole "IRP" setup. I liked the racing but it doesnt have to happen, but at least have the car show.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:58 PM
I wont have a car but I WILL be there if theres a bash

Saturday, March 04, 2006 4:19 PM
Depends how my summer work will be, but I'd love to go to another bash, I biting my nails to see how well the JCO bash turns out.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 12:58 AM
missed last year....would love to go this year.

i'm baaaaack!!
Thursday, March 09, 2006 3:10 PM
So has the location been decided yet?

HOW ABOUT COLORADO? Denver, Pueblo or Gran Junction is where they have some 1/4 mile tracks! Plenty of places to host events too! And plenty of hotels.

Just an idea.

Jason P.
Illusive Dreams
Denver Based Photographer
Specializing in Portrait, Event and Automotive Photography

http://www.illusivedreams.org
http://illusivedreams.zenfolio.com (newest work)
http://www.myspace.com/jaycejwu (add me)
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 8:43 PM
id def be down for another bash this year, be in the fiero though, and not the Sunalier...

Thursday, March 16, 2006 3:35 PM
They should have teh bash later in teh summer this year. Like the end of july, the begining of summer is when the most people work on their cars.

Cone
2000 ecotec cavalier
Sunday, March 19, 2006 12:19 PM
Tim! You're still doing this? Wow! (This is Dustin, by the way.) I can remember sitting with you at the Third Annual Bash (Boardman, OH, 2001) while you were sitting on the bed wondering why you go to the trouble. I had three Cavaliers at once, but now I haven't driven one in quite a while. But three weeks ago, I pick up the paper and go buy an '88 Cimarron! So I'm back in the J-car circle again. Depending on the location and my travel budget, I'll see what I can do. Of course, I'm going to lean toward the TN/KY/MO area.
Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:15 PM
Updates? Or shoudl i head over to the other website

I'm the new cancer.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 7:22 AM
sooooooooo...........

UPDATES???

Portage, MI
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 8:44 PM
yea im wondering myself! not trying to drive to canada!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 8:54 PM
Tim Schilling - Bash Coordinator wrote:Hello all. Sorry but I don't get a chance to check this site much anymore. Just not enough hours in the day. Things are progressing with the bash. We are presently being reviewed by the facility and chamber of commerce for our location. The location we are looking at had a problem with a car show a few years back and has left a very bad impression on the community. Since we are looking to move the bash back to it's roots as a family oriented event, I would hope our participants would respect the community and would not expect to see any problems.

But I should know here in the next two weeks if we've been approved for the rental and then the information will be immediately released on the GM Small Car Bash website.

In addition, I'd like to thank you all for the support. I know we are a little slow out of the gate this year and appologize for that. I myself would like to be able to plan my summer around this as well but my family and child come before this event or anything else in my life and I refuse to come on here to defend that, nor should I have to.

Friday, April 07, 2006 7:39 AM
Any news yet?

Friday, April 07, 2006 9:38 AM
ya, if theres a bash this year, i gotta take those days off work!! ill be there!!

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Monday, April 10, 2006 6:52 PM
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search