Odometer light out - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Odometer light out
Sunday, May 29, 2016 3:35 PM
During the daytime you can barely make out the mileage so I know it's working but in the evening it's completely blacked out.. just a bulb?
2005 Cavalier 4 door 5 speed

Re: Odometer light out
Monday, May 30, 2016 6:31 PM
Time for a new cluster. Get one from the wrecker.
Tuesday, May 31, 2016 7:27 AM
Would rather repair if possible, soldered new servo motors to fix the guages already
Tuesday, May 31, 2016 12:35 PM
In my 2002 LSS it's a bulb that soldered to the board. Not like a twist lock or anything that's a simple replacement. Seems like they're all different too as I've pulled a few from junk yards and couldn't find the right part in 2 different cars- same generation. Use the flashlight on your phone and just deal with it unless you want to swap the whole thing. Hasn't been worth it for me so I just left it alone.

2002 Blue LS Sport Coupe 5-speed
My Paint Restoration Project --> http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=11&i=170933&t=170933

Tuesday, June 07, 2016 9:42 PM
just learned the hard way myself that the bulbs are all soldered straight to the board................... 1/2 way through replacing em with super white LEDs. I'm not actually replacing them though, just soldering wires on to the old bulbs circuit, then drilling holes so i can hot glue them aimed into the cluster, looking pretty sharp so far, i just gotta get rid of the one surviving original bulb, totally ruins the new look.
Friday, June 10, 2016 8:14 AM
This happened to me when I removed my dashboard to install a carputer screen where the radio was. If the sun is just right I can make out the mileage.

2002 cavalier 4 door, automatic with 2200 SFI motor, custom carputer installed.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search