IAT Grommet - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
IAT Grommet
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 12:17 PM
does anyone know how big the grommet for the IAT sensor should be?

im at school right now and cant go and look

Whats up people?

Re: IAT Grommet
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:15 PM
I don't know and I can't go measure any time soon. Just putting a post in here so the question is moved back to the top and doesn't go unanswered... someone here must know or is able to go measure...

Good luck!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 8:17 PM
Well, when we drill the hole in our intakes for the gromet we set in, that hole is 5/8" (if that helps at ALL) I'd guess that the IAT itself is somewhere around 1/2"

Thursday, February 16, 2006 3:22 AM
I bought a cheapo nopi #1 intake and the grommet it came with was way too small.
Whatever fits, dude, as long as the iat sensor is sticking out about a quarter inch or so you're fine. I went to kragen and bought a pack of various sizes for $3 i think, and that worked... besides, if you plan on putting in an amplifier you're gonna need grommets for the firewall drill anyways..

Sadly, no more..
Thursday, February 16, 2006 7:07 AM
Agent Omega wrote:Well, when we drill the hole in our intakes for the gromet we set in, that hole is 5/8" (if that helps at ALL) I'd guess that the IAT itself is somewhere around 1/2"

The inside is 1/2" and the outside can be whatever size you drill the whole for.

Mine's 1/2" inside, 1" outside.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 7:33 AM
thanks guys

i bought the 1/2" grommet yesturday before i read this so i guess i was right

David Silva: I ran my amp wire through the existing grommet (the big 3" one that the wiring harness goes through)

Whats up people?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search