Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Monday, July 19, 2010 6:31 PM
Hey guys and gals!!! Yup, there are a few of us in the J-Body Meets forum that are trying to get a meet going. The date set so far is the 28th of Aug. Its the last saturday in Aug. But were deffinatly going to be doing it in Schaumberg since it seems like a decent mid-way point for everyone. The exact place isnt known yet, BUT Bussie woods forest preserve has been thrown out. So were thinking there, maybe, unless anyone knows where there is a really nice spot, with shade, and some sunny places, so we can grille and bs and have a great time and get some great photos of our cars. Please, if anyone has any ideas or some helpful hints, throw them out. I know there are not many J's left in Illinois, barely in the chicago area and outlying suburbs, but for the few that are still around (reguardless if you still own your J or not) come out and have a great time!!! Lets make this a awsome meet, and maybe have some laughs, and maybe meet some new friends that share our views about these cars. So far its looking like there will be a few people there, but as the saying says, the more the merrier!!!!

Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Monday, July 19, 2010 8:12 PM
i can't make that weekend. my little sister is turning 21 that weekend and i have to go out with her.

maybe sometime midway through september i'll be out by that area though.

the only other place i could recommend would maybe be down in algonquin where 62 and 31 intersect. right at the edge of the fox river there could make for a cool photoshoot.

sorry boys, i've been wanting to do something like this for a long time but i just cannot swing that weekend.

Monday, July 19, 2010 8:19 PM
I should be free the 28th..

It is kinda far.. but have never been to meet, and would like to meet people out there! So i will see what i can do.

Monday, July 19, 2010 8:32 PM
Blucavvy, DAMN YOU!!!! LOL. no hey man thats fine. Maybe we can setup something for September too. Maybe we will talk about it at the meet, if there are enough people. Pls you should bring her, hell, ill even buy her her first legal drink lolz.

Silver03cavii, Yeah i hear ya about the distance. Its about a hour from me to drive, but its cool. And If you do show up, and we have a great turn out, the drive is never a real problem. But I do hope you show up! I already got a grille im bringing (charcoal) since its small enough to fit into my cavi (my propane grille is huge!) and someone already said they would man the grille since they love it, and im also going to find out the details as far as having drinks like beer and such at the forest preserve, so we can all (over 21 of course) have some beers after eating, and just sit around and bs. Seriously think about it, and check back in this thread and this one Clicky, since there seems to be a decent amount of interest so far. But its still early. But who knows, maybe this will be a nice meet!!

Monday, July 19, 2010 8:42 PM
Yea.. ill keep checking back and will post if i am able to go...

Monday, July 19, 2010 9:59 PM
Why is busse woods out?????

Monday, July 19, 2010 10:57 PM
Cheesecake wrote:Why is busse woods out?????

Lol, sorry i saw how i wrote that, I meant its been thrown out as a idea, basically its really the only place that was thought of. so its not out. Its definatly a possibility. Pretty much at this moment, its the only place we have at the moment. So unless someone comes up with a better place, or just says screw it, and opens up there backyard, then Busse woods is pretty much where this will be lol.

Monday, July 19, 2010 11:11 PM
Its really the only place to go if you want a BBQ type meet. Im in

Monday, July 19, 2010 11:16 PM
Well, since there arent really any other ideas then i guess it will be at Busse woods. Im not really familar with the Schaumburg area and I was going to get a friend of mine that knows the area really well to give me some ideas. But i didnt get ahold of him today. But yeah, that seems like it will work. Ill find out from the preserve what we can and cant do, and post up deeper details as the weeks go by. Im really hoping for a nice turnout.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 7:28 AM
I should definitly be able to go, busse woods is a nice place ive been there a couple times for my dads turbo buick meets.

David

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:50 PM
Sweet!! So then its settled, Busse woods, on the 28th in Schaumberg. What time do you think we should start this at?? You guys know your schedules obviously better then anyone else, so let me know. Im not doing anything that day, so anytime is perfect time for me. Im thinking about 12 or 1pm, but if thats to early then let me know, Im just thinking about that time, so we can get a nice spot, and have a great time. Then afterwards, if anything, we can all hit up a local bar or something and end the night on drink, or 12

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 3:02 PM
Also, i forgot to add, since this is going to be a BBQ type meet, I was thinking we can try and bring some stuff too, weather it be soda, chips, hotdogs, burgers, whatever. This way its not all up to one person to bring everything. Trust me, i wouldnt mind if i had a ton of money, but I dont, BUT i do plan on bringing a small protable charcoal grille, the charcoal (obviously lol), some hotdogs, burgurs and buns for them, and prolly a case of soda) But feel free to bring whatever you guys wish. Im also still in the process of finding out the rules as far as having things like beer there. But, if we are allowed to have beer, it will obviously be BYOB, since i cant afford all that lol. But if you guys think this is a good idea, please say so!! Thanks again guys!!! This seems like it will be a great time!!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 3:37 PM
Busse woods rules are basically you don't get a shelter unless its reseved and you bought a permit. Go with cans instead of bottles and no alchohol within 50 feet of the road/ lot every spot is basically up against the grass, leave glass at home, set up baknfromnthe cars a bit, and be out by sunset.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 4:25 PM
Ill be down for Bussee

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 4:30 PM
Darkstars, Thanks for the info!!! I needed to know that, thanks!!! R u going to show up, or no??

Schnupper, great!!! More to add to the list!!!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 11:09 PM
Darkstars wrote:...and be out by sunset.

The park is closed. Please GTFO. I remember going down there for the Halloween meet and the lady cop didn't even really give our group time to talk to everyone about where we were going from there.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:41 AM
Well, maybe I should have said this before, but a friend of mine is actually a forest preserve police officer, so im going to see where he will be at and see if he can spread the word to leave us alone lol.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:45 AM
I doubt I'll show up.

I work Saturdays till 4 but if it's gonna be a decen sized meet maybe I'll stop by on my way home from work for a hotdog.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 12:58 PM
Darkstars wrote:I doubt I'll show up.

I work Saturdays till 4 but if it's gonna be a decen sized meet maybe I'll stop by on my way home from work for a hotdog.

Hey thats fine buddy. I didnt know you worked. Pls I always got along with you so thats why i asked if you were going to show up. Pls, i always liked your cavi when you had it. So I know your still a information plethura lol. Well, keep a eye on this, and if you feel like it swing through!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:09 PM
as of right now. I will meet up with you guys. My GF lives in Itasca, which isn't far from there. Since, I am always out there for the weekends. I could make an appearance.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:40 PM
itsa far drive but ill be there

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 7:54 PM
Hey Matt, I see you live in Chicago, so do I. What part?? Also, I saw your looking for a tranny so I sent you a PM, let me know!

Friday, July 23, 2010 7:15 AM
Ill try and swing by. I am always working all day on the weekends, but I have a couple stores in that area that I watch over, so I can probably swing by for a few minutes at least; when I'm in between locations.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Friday, July 23, 2010 11:58 AM
Cool man, yeah, hope to see ya there!!!! Also there seems to be a good buzz going on about this so I hope this turns out good. Seems like there hasnt been any good meets for us Illinois guys in a long time. So lets make this one great!!!

Friday, July 23, 2010 8:32 PM
Well, here is a small update. Things are still as planned. I also spoke tonight to my buddy who is the Forest Preserve Police Officer and he told me to call him the day of, and remind him so he can call his freinds out that way to leave us alone

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search