Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 60 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Wednesday, March 05, 2014 6:54 PM
So update time! My car failed emissions, kind of glad it did now actually, so it was throwing a P0420 and a P0136 codes. One was for a cat and one was for the O2 sensor post cat. Bryan told me about a nifty mod to fix the cat one where you get two 18mm spark plug non foulers and drill one out with a 1/2" bit and assemble it on the car like so --> O2 bung --> non fouler that isn't drilled --> non fouler that is drilled --> O2 sensor. Basically it pulls the O2 farther out of the exhaust and limits the flow to it, thus tricking the computer to think its working properly. That fixed my cat code and getting a new O2 fixed the other one. Now the fun go fast stuff.

With the help of Bryan we swapped in the 42lb ford injectors, 2 bar MAP, and went down to a 3.0 pulley. The pulley was such a pain in the ass. Ended up stripping three of the screws and had to pull the blower off and drill em out, ended up taking way longer than needed. So hours later after fiddling with that we go to start the car and it wont start. It sounded like it wanted to fire but would just die, almost exactly the same as when we swapped to the GM reflash ECU the first time. It didn't make any sense since we put the original one back in. I tried the relearn a couple of time and still wasn't firing.

Next day Bryan had the idea to put the 1 bar MAP back in and the reflashed ECU back in and see if it would fire. I only swapped back to the 1 bar and stayed with the stock ECU and it fired up right away. Turns out we had the 2 bar MAP plugged in upside down, which was odd since how we initially plugged it in is how Bryan ran it on his car. Either way whatever Cavs have a mind of their own. We just street tuned the car the rest of the day, made like 8 or 9 pulls and the same amount of flashes. The car is so much more fun to drive now that I'm off that reflash. It was fun while it lasted but it was time to move on, and I have the stupid Illinois Air Team to thank for getting my butt in gear haha.

So next on the list for the car is the rebaffled valve cover and catch can, the racetronix w-body fuel pump/harness since I'll be needing one, then some new rims/tires. If I can snag a better job here in the next couple months I'd love to do the ZZP S3 heat exchanger and the dual pass endplate.

Sunday, March 16, 2014 1:00 PM
Nice little update.....we can make a dual pass endplate at my house. I also need to finish buttoning up your valve cover.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:46 PM
I just got the rest of my AN stuff for the valve cover tonight.

Dave

Sunday, March 30, 2014 6:10 PM
Hello all,

It's been a long winter. Can't wait for some other updates, hope to hear from you guys soon.
Sunday, April 06, 2014 8:13 PM
anyone interested in a set of dspecs and goldline springs?

Saturday, April 26, 2014 10:34 PM
Wake up people its nice out....

Sunday, April 27, 2014 6:50 AM
Are you going to bring your custom wood benches and sweet table to the next meet Eli.

Monday, April 28, 2014 3:05 AM
People couldn't handle my wood. but i will show it off any ways.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 8:34 PM
I never would have guessed....black.

Monday, May 12, 2014 6:32 PM
hello......is this thing on....testing 1...2....3...... hello

Wednesday, June 04, 2014 6:29 PM
Anyone down for a mid July meet up in the Northwest Suburbs?

Got heem!

Wednesday, June 04, 2014 6:37 PM
I was just telling Sneezy the other night that we need a meet soon lol. We unintentionally got a pair of vehicles which will show y'all what real boost looks like, lol. July 19th is good for me after like 3PM...
Wednesday, June 04, 2014 6:40 PM
I'm down. Let's get something going.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Wednesday, June 04, 2014 6:49 PM
hopefully ill have my car finished by then, hoping to finish just a few mods and some painting

Got heem!
Friday, June 06, 2014 6:45 PM
Hey guys!!

yes me and Paul did buy similar vehicles, and will be bringing those to the next meet. I cant drive any one of my J's since none are ok to drive, and im selling the wifes vert. So lets make this happen!!!

So date. July 19th looks good. Geves everyone enough time to make it happen. And we can make it a BBQ meet. If we all bring a little something that will make it easier for everyone. And we can all eat, and BS and such. So July 19th, same spot (someone please post up the spot on google maps for the people who havent been to one) at 3pm.

Now, Livations and food. Typical BBQ stuff. Hamburgers/Hotdogs, buns, snacks, drinks (can be pop or beer, but if beer it MUST be cans and cannot be near the cars at all and it will be BYOB), grill (I have that covered reguardless), plates and forks.

If you are sure your going to make it, post up your name and what your bringing so we know. If your not sure you can make it then put your name up. I wanna make sure we have all the stuff we need to make this a BBQ meet, and not get there, and find out the person bringing the food isnt making it.

So, recap!

July 19th 2014
3pm Busse Woods Normal Spot (someone will post up a google maps link with the spot "pointed" out so dont worry. Unless you live near Melrose Park then you can meet up with me and we can head there)
BBQ meet
LETS DO IT!!!!

Friday, June 06, 2014 7:59 PM
Damn, I had to go all the way back to page 53 to find the link to the location, lol. BE THERE, OR BE SQUARE!! HERE'S WHERE TO BE! For people that haven't been there before, when you think you've reached the end of the drive - keep going! Lmao, That spot is alllll the way in, can't go any further - as long as you use the right entrance, the one closest to Arlington Heights Road.

1. Mike Z aka Sneezy
2. Rebel Racer or w/e-t-f my name is now, Paul

By the way, anybody planning or even thinking about going to see Gary Sinise & The Lt Dan Band in Cantigny Park (Wheaton) later that night (July 19th @ 7PM)? My friends mom is trying to help sell tickets at work for $25/ea, so let me know ASAP. I work with my friend & her mom all at the same place, so I wanna help make momma look good by selling a bunch of tickets lol, I've seen Gary & the band at Joe's Bar before, they're a good group & fun.
Friday, June 06, 2014 8:07 PM
Oh yea, for those not familiar with Gary Sinise's efforts - all proceeds go to help military/veteran/wounded-military organizations, so the money is going to a good cause
Friday, June 06, 2014 8:15 PM
Ill be there!!! Car should be drivable by then if not ill be in some other car haha
Saturday, June 14, 2014 8:19 AM
I will be there on the 19th. It will give me a reason to wash and wax it for the first time this year... man have I been slacking.

Oh I will offer this to you guys as well; I have a storage unit FULL of misc cavalier stuff. It's mainly interior parts for a coupe 95-98 (what's that, 2nd gen?). And a few things like dash parts from newer years. EVERYTHING NEEDS TO GO! I am not going to ship anything cuz it's way too awkward and expensive, so pick up only. But cleansing it out would definitely help the marriage! Let me know what you need interior wise cuz I probably have it. Offer me something IF you feel so inclined. Otherwise I will probably just give it away if i know that it will go to a good home. If i don't move any of it real soon then it's all going in the trash! Post up ...Please don't make me dump it all!

Regardless i will see you all on the 19th

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right." -Henry Ford

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3817973/1996-chevrolet-cavalier/
Saturday, June 14, 2014 12:30 PM
FYI Buddy, 95-05 is all 3rd gen. They changed the looks a little bit a couple times, but the unibody chassis is the same for all years.
Saturday, June 14, 2014 12:31 PM
Oh yea, I have a passenger side airbag still, asking $40obo

Saturday, June 14, 2014 6:23 PM
I'll possibly show up. I work near by elmhurst so I could swing by. Maybe in the dakota or the cav...

Monday, June 16, 2014 11:24 AM
Sweet. It's always nice meeting new people!! NOW SOMEONE BUY MY VERT DAMNIT!!! Lol

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:31 PM
Ill aim to make one of these next year!

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 9:53 PM
.I'm surprised this thread has lasted nearly as long as the Orland Park one...Damn we're getting old

I don't think I have anything going on the 19th. If I show up, it will be in the Jap mobile, though. Sadly, I will start parting out the cav soon, so if anyone is interested in miscellaneous 99' Z24 or Quad4 parts (e.g. forged Hybrid Quad, NWF swap, 3K Yank TCC, Never Used 4T40E TG LSD Insert, etc.), , you'll have first dibs before anyone else.

I have no signiture
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search