Illinois meet July 9th!!! - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Illinois meet July 9th!!!
Monday, June 27, 2011 8:14 PM
Hey all. We are now announcing a upcoming meet. It will be held at Busse Woods on the 9th of July at 2pm. Someone will post the map of the entrance of where we will be. When you pull in its a drive all the way to the end. You will think a couple times you have came to the end but its not. If your not at a round-a-bout with no other way to go, your not far enough back. So when you turn in drive the road all the way till it ends and you literally cannot go any further, and we will be there. This is a bbq type meet, so please, feel free to bring something. We may also go and do some things afterwards also like Melrose Park GP which is indorr karting, and such. Also for anyone who is over 21 we can always go hit up a bar or whatever. So come on out. We have been holding them more and more lately and its always a great time, meet some new people, and put a face to the screen name. It also does not matter if your car is done or in the middle of construction, come out!! Nobody ever knocks anothers car, trust me I know! Hahahaha. So we hope to make this a nice big turn out, feel free to bring your girlfriend or boyfriend, or buddy or whoever! Let's make this a great time, and since were at the forest preserve there is always plenty of parking. So hope to see you guys there!

Re: Illinois meet July 9th!!!
Monday, June 27, 2011 8:37 PM
Alright, here is the map. Click here for map It is the last entrance on the right before Arlington Heights Road if you're heading east on Higgins/IL-72. If you're heading west, it's the first on the left after Arlington Heights Road.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 5:29 AM
I believe I'll be down at Route 66 in Joliet for the one time a year the Top Fuel cars come to IL.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 6:22 AM
^^^^ I'm going sunday...

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:12 AM
Won't make this one That day is my second nephew's baptism - and I'm the godfather Gotta practice my Don Corleone voice, hahah!!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 10:33 AM
Ryan, that's this weekend?

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 10:46 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Ryan, that's this weekend?

http://www.route66raceway.com/

It says the 7th-10th

I have no signiture
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:00 PM
Sounds good Ill be there for sure.

Mack- meet up again at sonic as usual?

Dave

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:30 PM
Yeah I just talked to a few of my friends racing there and yeah next weekend for nationals.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 4:11 PM
Count me out for this one, I've already got plans for this weekend.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 4:47 PM
soSo ok, we have three people so far??? If this turns out to be a dead meet or a bad weekend we can always move the date back to the 16th, and the guys who were gonna show up, we can go to my house and bbq and have a few drinks. But whatever you guys wanna do. Let's keep this post updated so we know what's gonna happen. Because its kinda pointless to have a meet and only have 3 people there lol. So let's figure this out!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 11:57 PM
I'm up for anything. Just gotta make sure the change in date is within the next couple days for time off from work.

Dave, yeah.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:47 PM
I am in Minnesota right now, and on the weekend of july 16 ill be in Nashville for Import Alliance. so i wont be showing up to any meet here.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:57 PM
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:I am in Minnesota right now, and on the weekend of july 16 ill be in Nashville for Import Alliance. so i wont be showing up to any meet here.

...and you're the only reason we made a seperate thread, lol

I have no signiture
Wednesday, June 29, 2011 11:08 PM
Well, here is the thing, looks like we picked a bad weekend. So the 9th, unless we get more people, we can just meet by my house for the day and BS and have some beers or something. The 16th, my neighborhood is having a block party and you guys are more then welcome to come to that. So I cant do the 16th like I thought. But im not sure as to what to do. SO lets figure it out guys!!!!

Thursday, June 30, 2011 11:27 AM
Whalesac wrote:
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:I am in Minnesota right now, and on the weekend of july 16 ill be in Nashville for Import Alliance. so i wont be showing up to any meet here.

bahaha yea well i was more saying make a separate thread so that outsiders from that lil chat group you boys got going in that thread will see the new meet.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:41 PM
Well it seems like this meet is falling apart faster then a trailer home in a tornado lol.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 5:10 PM
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:
Whalesac wrote:

bahaha yea well i was more saying make a separate thread so that outsiders from that lil chat group you boys got going in that thread will see the new meet.

I know Gary. I was just razzing ya

Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:Well it seems like this meet is falling apart faster then a trailer home in a tornado lol.

Yeah........they'll do that

I have no signiture
Friday, July 01, 2011 8:27 PM
I'm up for whatever we choose.

Mike, you could use the day at your place to help with that engine/trans swap. Just an idea.

Friday, July 01, 2011 11:21 PM
Yes this is true, but im not 100% sure ill have all the parts I need by that time. I say that since I ordering a header off ebay friday, and ill be getting a motor mount from a member on here so i know those wont be here in time. Unless I get paid for the jobs I have coming in before then, then hopefully ill have it soon. I could also talk to my folks to barrow the cash, but idk ill see. Either way ill keep you guys posted. Either way, im always down for a chill spot at my house, we can bbq and have some beers.

Saturday, July 02, 2011 6:37 AM
sounds like a plan

I have no signiture

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 9:27 PM
So... we still doing this Mike?

I have no signiture
Wednesday, July 06, 2011 10:06 PM
Nevermind, I just remembered I have a party to go to on the 9th...crap...sorry

I have no signiture
Wednesday, July 06, 2011 10:14 PM
I never Been to a j meet. Was hoping to go for the first time but I also will be at the drag track. If you guys get this going again sometime I can bring my fire n ice grill. ( may not be able to drink *only 17* but alway up for a good gill out)

Thursday, July 07, 2011 1:50 PM
Well guys. It looks like this one is a flop. If you guys want too tho, ill be pulling the motor from the parts car this Sunday if you guys wanna come over and hang out and maybe a bbq and beers?? But next weekend is my neighborhoods block party and also the weekend the engine gets ripped from my car, so you guys are welcome to that also. But I think this Saturday won't work since there are all of three ppl showing up. Let me know who wants to swing past and ill pm you my address and we can go from there.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search