Bg suspension kit VS Tokico hp suspension kit - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bg suspension kit VS Tokico hp suspension kit
Sunday, December 12, 2010 8:43 AM
So i decided i really don't need the adjust ability of the d-spec struts and was looking at these 2 options.
These are complete strut and spring assemblies i was looking at gripmotorsports.com
The price is not that much different i just wonder which one is better
I can get the tokico hp kit for $505.95 shipped
or $474.42 for the bg kit shipped
The tokico kit is a 1.4 inch drop and the bg kit is a 1.6 inch drop
I was thinking of the bg kit because of the extra drop and the better price, but if the tokico kit is that much better i will get that.
I am deffinetly buying a kit with my tax check and would like to keep it around $500

Re: Bg suspension kit VS Tokico hp suspension kit
Sunday, December 12, 2010 7:05 PM
if you'd searched first there was a thread less than 2 months ago asking about the quality of b+g. there's nothing wrong with them. no horror stories.
also no horror stories with the hp's. take your pick.

Monday, December 13, 2010 6:19 PM
i did search and all i found were info on bg springs and haven't found any info on their struts or the the combination of the 2 together.

Monday, December 13, 2010 6:27 PM
I was looking at BG coilovers and there isnt much talk about them around here but in other platforms they seem to be happy with BG products.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 7:47 PM
So at tax time I am going to get the bg strut and spring combo and new mounts. I will take pics of the install and let everyone now how they ride since no one here has used that combo.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 7:39 PM
funny to come across this cause im running b and g springs with tokico blue hp struts . i had this set up first on my old 97 sedan and transfer it to my 2003 eco sedan so far i have about what 10 to 20k miles on them and there both find only thing wrong was the strut mounts went bad cause they where the sad monroe ones lmao.
Wednesday, December 29, 2010 7:47 PM
I had the B&G spring/strut package and they're pretty stiff. Stance was good and they weren't bouncy, just stiffer than I wanted. Cornered FLAT.

Friday, December 31, 2010 6:05 AM
ohvrolla wrote:I had the B&G spring/strut package and they're pretty stiff. Stance was good and they weren't bouncy, just stiffer than I wanted. Cornered FLAT.
Truth, my first cav had B&G springs and koni reds, and this description is perfect.

Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:10 PM
So B&G struts / springs combo is really harsh compaired to HP Kit?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search