2001 sunfire passlock problems - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2001 sunfire passlock problems
Tuesday, February 17, 2015 12:01 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new on the forum here. I seem to be having a problem with my 01 sunfire where the security system seems to kill the fuel pump and not let me start the car. It been sitting for about a month now. The first time it happened i did the relearn procedure where you leave the key forward 10 minutes then it started. All was fine for about a week, then the problem came back, this time though, after leaving the key forward for 10 minute the theft light stays on. I tried the 30 minute procedure but that didnt seem to work. The theft light stays constantly lite it doesn't blink like other people describe on their posting. I also just read that when you do the 30 minute procedure you cant open the door during it, is this true ? Sorry for the long post this is just starting to stress me out trying to get this car back running

Re: 2001 sunfire passlock problems
Friday, April 03, 2015 8:46 PM
could be the ignition switch, reference this post: http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=30&i=61640&t=61640

My sig- "Doing what needs to be done, although satisfactory, is a far cry from what can be done."
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search