welding cable - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: welding cable
Friday, December 10, 2010 9:12 PM
Yep, same here. 90% of them just carry Stinger, and have to order anything larger than 4awg.

They couldn't understand why I would want 2awg for a battery relocation, or why I would do a battery relocation in the first place.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Friday, December 10, 2010 9:17 PM
Because theyre not in the business of helping the customer theyre in the business of proving they know more than you. I gave up on showing my face in local shops. Always ended badly.

Friday, December 10, 2010 9:20 PM
And I thought I was the only one that had problems with the local audio guys acting all holier than thou...

They always seem to tell me what I'm trying to do is stupid, and I shouldn't do it. Wouldn't you think they would want to sell you some damn wire?

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Friday, December 10, 2010 9:25 PM
Thats what I always thought. Who cares what Im doing. Im waving cash at you fool!

Friday, December 10, 2010 9:28 PM
Funny thing is I've walked out and ordered something online several times, I was just hoping to get something right then and there.

Its like they dont like home installers because they don't make enough money selling parts.

Friday, December 10, 2010 9:30 PM
I think thats what it is. I had a shop flat out tell me they dont make 1/0 ring terminal with an open end to solder through so they could sell me theres. Went home and ordered 20 off of Darvex. Hahaha.

Saturday, December 11, 2010 11:05 AM
ya my local shop tried to sell me a stinger 0g kit, distribution block, 2 inline fuse kits, 2g power from block to amps, 0g grounds, plus xtra for all the connectors.
i have 2 pioneer 300w amps.
there total cost $275 for parts only. not instaliation
Saturday, December 11, 2010 6:30 PM
I piece my kits together myself off ebay.

My kit is a KnuKonceptz Kompression fused distro block for $20, KnuKonceptz inline fuse with kompression fitting for $25, and 1 run of 1/0 gauge for about $50 and a short chunk of 4 gauge to run to the amps from the distro and gauge for like $10.

That is pretty hard to beat. Oh and they are CDN prices.

Whats up people?
Sunday, December 12, 2010 5:41 PM
Another advantage to welding cable that i have seen is that is truly the size they say it is. Audio cable has alot of untrustworthy companys that give u thicker insulation and less cable so it is not truly the wire size it should be.

Sunday, December 12, 2010 5:43 PM
Todd Haworth wrote:Another advantage to welding cable that i have seen is that is truly the size they say it is. Audio cable has alot of untrustworthy companys that give u thicker insulation and less cable so it is not truly the wire size it should be.

In fact, thought very good audio cables are usually pretty close to the actual 1/O size, 1/O welding cable is usually bigger.

I still prefer proper cable though.

Sunday, December 12, 2010 6:26 PM

Sunday, December 12, 2010 6:37 PM
i've done multiple runs of telephone cord. bitches dont know bout my 28 awg solid copper.

car audio noob since 1984.
Sunday, December 12, 2010 6:39 PM
I raided my grandmas china cabinet. Y'all can't come NEAR my silver power wire.

Sunday, December 12, 2010 7:14 PM
oh shiiiii----!!!

every fork is like 4 strand!!!!

car audio noob since 1984.
Monday, December 13, 2010 12:40 PM
could always order some shok industries wire. very flexible and high strand count but is a bit pricey.

set the example, never let the example set you.
Tuesday, December 14, 2010 10:38 AM
I thought you had to be part of Team Shok to get Shok wire.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search