is there anyway - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
is there anyway
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:08 AM
do they make turbo system that you dont have to tap into the oil pan and if there no other way out of that is there a way to to run a separated system like a new coolant reservoir filed with motor oil to feed into the turbo

Re: is there anyway
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:43 PM
WTF....!

Why man...

Tap the pan or girdle and call it a day. If you cant handle that or dont want to do that you might not be cut out for boosting your j.
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:58 PM
Philly D wrote:WTF....!

Why man...

Tap the pan or girdle and call it a day. If you cant handle that or dont want to do that you might not be cut out for boosting your j.

+1

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:41 PM
Really...
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:42 PM
http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/654-Turbo-Oil-Pan-for-Ecotec.aspx

This guy hasn't discovered the search button or google yet...
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:38 PM
Schnupper wrote:http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/654-Turbo-Oil-Pan-for-Ecotec.aspx

Not a bad price too I prefer knowing the oil is draining above the oil level, tap the girdle its so easy!
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:55 PM
Check out the FAQs, this guy wanted to know if he could turn a turbo on or off.

I told him to check out an ebay electric turbo, no tapping required and easy to switch on or off

-I drive my car to work-
Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:41 AM
for people who have smart remark a forum is a place to share your toughts or your ideas not for smart ass remarks if you have a problem with the question it wont cost you a penny not to answer
Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:24 AM
get the sand out of your vag man. if you can't ignore smart ass comments, the internet is not the place for you.

back to topic, if running a tap in your oil pan makes you squeamish, building a performance motor is probably not something you should pursue.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:15 AM
luis morales wrote:for people who have smart remark a forum is a place to share your toughts or your ideas not for smart ass remarks if you have a problem with the question it wont cost you a penny not to answer

If you ask a @!#$ ing stupid question you are going to get a smart ass response. Take a hour or two and do some reading at the top of the @!#$ ing page before you blather on about how I am hurting your feelings.

-I drive my car to work-
Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:02 PM
if you are uneasy about drilling and tapping, I'm sure theres an org member in your area that would help you out. It's not hard. Honestly though, if that stuff scares you, boosting a j really isn't for you. Based on your responses, you still have a lot to learn. good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:37 PM
Schnupper wrote:http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/654-Turbo-Oil-Pan-for-Ecotec.aspx

Im guessing thats designed for a cobalt, which means our lower dog bone bracket won't bolt to it.

To the OP, just drill and tap the girdle. There is even a round flat spot cast there, like GM wanted everyone to do so

Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:29 PM
its not about not tapping the pan what im trying to do is create a system that will aloud me to install and unistall the system with out having to do all that taping same way is that im trying to make so i can turn on and off the system with out interfering with the car natural air flow
Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:34 PM
So you're going to be able to turn on and off two different tunes so you can run boosted and n/a? You dont make any sense.No poin in putting on a turbo if all you want to do is turn it off.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:54 PM
luis morales wrote:its not about not tapping the pan what im trying to do is create a system that will aloud me to install and unistall the system with out having to do all that taping same way is that im trying to make so i can turn on and off the system with out interfering with the car natural air flow

What are you talking about? Turning on and off the system? It sounds like you arent ready to install a turbo setup..you have some reading to do first.

And those are your options. Tap the pan or tap the girdle. The oil from the turbo NEEDS to return to the pan and those are the options. If you ever uninstall the turbo, its as simple as remove the drain line and replace with a plug to seal it.

Don't know what you mean by turn it on and off...turbos don't work like that. The only "turning off" you can do is keep your foot light on the gas and keep it out of boost. You may want to read the FAQ as well as related posts...what you are saying makes it sounds like you don't really know what you are getting into...

Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:58 PM
why do you want to be able to turn it off?

Thursday, January 31, 2013 4:15 PM
nvm i will post a vid on youtube when i get the project done so everybody can see what im talking about
Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:04 PM
luis morales wrote:nvm i will post a vid on youtube when i get the project done so everybody can see what im talking about

I doubt it.
Because you won't finish the project because you clearly don't have the understanding to even start it. People like you amuse me, you come here asking questions, and when you get answers from long standing well respected members, just because it's not the answer you want, then you wanna complain how people here are mean and blah blah blah.
Maybe try educating yourself a little first, then if there are still gaps in your understanding, then go ask questions...with an open mind. If you're going to refuse all advice given and do your own thing anyway, why ask in the first place.

And trust me, I've been around this place long enough to know you won't be back to prove us wrong or show us "what you mean"...because you don't have a clue what you mean. You won't be back to school us all on how your turbo turns on and off or whatever point it is you're trying to make.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:32 PM
Haha I am surprised that anyone responded to this idiot. He got some solid information and in turn told us that we don't know we are talking about.

This is why I love the org

-I drive my car to work-
Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:40 PM
Problem for him is he has no clue how to use said solid information, haha

Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:28 PM
i still want to know why he wants to be able to turn it on and off

Friday, February 01, 2013 12:20 AM
I'm thinking he should look at nitrous if he wants to "turn it off and on"

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Friday, February 01, 2013 3:11 AM
AL1A5 wrote:i still want to know why he wants to be able to turn it on and off

This I think made me laugh more then people telling him he's an idiot. Leave it to the org to make me laugh.
Friday, February 01, 2013 11:00 PM
I gotta say this post made me and friends laugh hysterically haha... i think he wants to make it so he can switch from N/A TO BOOST BUT even if you took the turbo on and off with a sepearate oiling system theres still tons of other variables exhaust,injectors,charge piping,all the extra vac lines.... just buy a second j boost one and leave the other alone simple fix to your problem... some people dont deserve to get blown!!!
Friday, February 01, 2013 11:24 PM

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search