blown slave caused by??? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
blown slave caused by???
Friday, June 02, 2006 5:17 PM
Whats goin on everyone? Some of you might remember last summer my slave cylinder went out, the thing is it happend shortly after I put my 18s on that weigh in at about 47 lbs a piece. There isnt any way the wheels caused this is there? Thanks.

Re: blown slave caused by???
Friday, June 02, 2006 7:46 PM
The slave cylinder is just cheap, and junk. That's why its so common for them to blow out.

Saturday, June 03, 2006 8:04 AM
alright man, thanks
Saturday, June 03, 2006 12:31 PM
SHOoff wrote:The slave cylinder is just cheap, and junk. That's why its so common for them to blow out.

The slave for the Getrag is pretty robust....... I have yet to have one go out on me. They are also far from cheap...... $250+

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, June 04, 2006 9:09 PM
yeah thats what they were telling me when I had it replaced under warranty. and they said I drive it to hard, when I def do not I rarely have it over 4 grand.
Monday, June 05, 2006 8:09 AM
^ ^ ^ What the hell is the dealer talking about, pushing the clutch pedal in too fast, too far down I hate it how the dealership trys to lay blame on the individual for a car breaking instead of admitting shortcomings of the car to begin with.

Monday, June 12, 2006 7:50 AM
lol my slave just blew on me at a show.....and i was sitting still in traffic

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:26 PM
Mine blew last week, the dealership blamed it on my "lack of factory air box , and after market intake"

Ridiculous.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 2:47 AM
.JerseyKid. wrote:Mine blew last week, the dealership blamed it on my "lack of factory air box , and after market intake"

Ridiculous.

LOL.

That's when I'd blame it on "YOU PRICKS WILL NEED TO PROVE THAT, OR JUST COVER IT UNDER THE WARRANTY LIKE THE LAW SAYS"

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 8:41 PM
If you want to read the full story ... http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=25&i=72762&t=72762 .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search