Question and Opinion On Rims - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question and Opinion On Rims
Monday, March 28, 2005 11:46 PM
im quite new to the whole wheel and tire thing, so i have a couple questions. im looking to purchase a set of rims this summer to kinda finish the exterior off. so far im looking at these rims, what does everyone think of them? does anyone have any pics of them on a cav? ive searched but no luck? also, i was thinking wether to get 17in or 18in, any thoughts? if i were to get 17's, which tire size should i get, and im currently on goldlines if that makes a diff. the tire sizes available are 235/45/17, 215/45/17, and 205/40/17. lastly, i need the 5x100 bolt pattern, correct? i know its a lot of questions, thanks in advance for any help and opinions.

Exel - RH-5 (Gunmetal)

Re: Question and Opinion On Rims
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 4:49 AM
AHhhhhhhhh...........dammit! I was looking into getting a set of those. 17" w/ 225-45-17. Even in the gunmetal. Oh well. They are a nice wheel.

To answer some of your questions.

yes- 5*100 bolt pattern
17"= 225/45/17
18"=225/40/18

Keeping those tire sizes will help keep your speedo and odometer within a reasonable measurement of the original size. I think there is like a .6mph difference at 60mph. Take a look at the tire size FAQ at the top of the page, that's where you'll get the best info. The proper tire sizes for each size rim is surrounded in a blue box. That'll get you started.

I may not know much about cars, but I know two things....
1) Breaking things is expensive, and
2) Horsepower isn't cheap.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search