having a brain fart......... - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
having a brain fart.........
Friday, May 27, 2011 8:10 AM
ok the better-halves car seems to be driven hard and in need of 2 rear tires BUT we found a set of 205 60r16, would that throw the speedometer off alot or a little bit we can get 4 of them pretty cheap and I know they are 205 55r16 that are suppose to be on our cars. my concern is even though my car has the power she has a lead foot also so if throws it off ALOT them forced to keep looking the tires in the rear now are almost at the cords ( I would like safer tires on there for sure), its either that or pay $300 for 2 proper size, i am slowly getting to her car as she needs a bit of work, any help would be appreciated.

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

Re: having a brain fart.........
Friday, May 27, 2011 7:59 PM
man find another tire store, $300 for 2 of that size is a screwin' Discount tire sells them starting at $72 in my area.

Saturday, June 04, 2011 9:05 AM
I had 205/60/16 on my car. Speedo said 100 when going about 106kmh.
I liked the look better, I hate fender gap.
Friday, June 10, 2011 10:01 AM
AJ B wrote:ok the better-halves car seems to be driven hard and in need of 2 rear tires BUT we found a set of 205 60r16, would that throw the speedometer off alot or a little bit we can get 4 of them pretty cheap and I know they are 205 55r16 that are suppose to be on our cars. my concern is even though my car has the power she has a lead foot also so if throws it off ALOT them forced to keep looking the tires in the rear now are almost at the cords ( I would like safer tires on there for sure), its either that or pay $300 for 2 proper size, i am slowly getting to her car as she needs a bit of work, any help would be appreciated.

Rear tires wont change the speedometer.
Even if the car is powerful enough to break the tires, she needs to learn how to drive it without spinning tires at every stop sign and stop light...teach her to drive before you let her use your car. (that's what i thought i read from your post, worst grammer)

Mavis Discount tires...$49 a tire, $18 to mount and balance, $3 for new valves....Alot better than paying $150 for one tire alone.

Monday, June 13, 2011 6:31 PM
I got my tires (something fancy my husband picked that would be good, lol) for $98 a tire (plus shipping and such) from tirerack.com - opposed to $300 a tire here in Saskatchewan for the same thing...

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 6:01 AM
95LsCoupe wrote:
AJ B wrote:ok the better-halves car seems to be driven hard and in need of 2 rear tires BUT we found a set of 205 60r16, would that throw the speedometer off alot or a little bit we can get 4 of them pretty cheap and I know they are 205 55r16 that are suppose to be on our cars. my concern is even though my car has the power she has a lead foot also so if throws it off ALOT them forced to keep looking the tires in the rear now are almost at the cords ( I would like safer tires on there for sure), its either that or pay $300 for 2 proper size, i am slowly getting to her car as she needs a bit of work, any help would be appreciated.

Rear tires wont change the speedometer.
Even if the car is powerful enough to break the tires, she needs to learn how to drive it without spinning tires at every stop sign and stop light...teach her to drive before you let her use your car. (that's what i thought i read from your post, worst grammer)

Mavis Discount tires...$49 a tire, $18 to mount and balance, $3 for new valves....Alot better than paying $150 for one tire alone.

Can't you read...

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 1:50 PM
Spike J wrote:
Can't you read...

I can read, he said he is in need to rear tires.....
It was a huge run on sentence, I don't really know what exactly he was trying to say.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search