graphite grey/charcoal headliner for 95 cavalier coupe - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
graphite grey/charcoal headliner for 95 cavalier coupe
Saturday, May 21, 2011 11:14 AM
I did some searching around on the forums here and it seems like the only "dark" headliner is from a 95-97 with a sunroof. I dont have a sun roof so this wont work. Im hoping this colour headliner comes from a non-sunroofed car so I can pick one up from the junk-yard for $20.

Anyone know?

Its that or fabric & vinyl paint for $10 a can and i would need at least 3 cans.

Re: graphite grey/charcoal headliner for 95 cavalier coupe
Saturday, May 21, 2011 11:57 AM
I didn't know there was any charcoal headliners with sunroofs? At all the junkyards here I've only seen the ones without it.
Saturday, May 21, 2011 3:03 PM
Every J-Body, Sedans and Coupes, sunroofs and no sunroofs, had graphite headliners from 1995 - 1997. It may take a while, but eventually you should be able to find one. Also, in case you're not already aware, Cavalier and Sunfire Coupe headliners are interchangeable, as are Cavalier and Sunfire Sedan headliners .

Saturday, May 21, 2011 5:34 PM
Cool, thanks guys.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 10:26 PM
Yup, they're out there. I've had 3 in my possession in the past. My old 96 sunfire came with one (cut up for aftermarket sunroof). Stock with OEM sunroof out of a 97 cavalier rs. and I had put a Z24 one (seperate maplights in the dome light) non sunroof, into my old cavalier.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 12:47 PM
Will a 2000 - 2002 coupe headliner fit in the 95 coupe. If so are sunfires and Cavaliers still the same for that year.

Thanks
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 2:46 PM
If you find the right car, you can get the "holy @!#$" handle on the roof too.....had it in my old cav

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 10:54 PM
I would like one of those actually.
But going back to my last question. Will a 00-02 headliner fit in a 95?
Saturday, June 04, 2011 8:19 AM
Sean Clair wrote:Will a 00-02 headliner fit in a 95?

Yes. All 1995 - 2005 Cavalier and Sunfire Coupe headliners are interchangeable. All 1995 - 2002 (Sunfire) / 2005 (Cavalier) Sedan headliners are interchangeable.

Saturday, June 04, 2011 10:00 AM
Which ones had the oh @+!?;## handles

Modding my j since I found the org
Sunday, June 05, 2011 11:42 PM
Thanks ENVY

Monday, June 06, 2011 3:24 AM
Actually I believe that the sunfire (not sure about the cav) headliners changed in 2003. I got a gauge pod used from a friend and the top of it is different from my factory A-pillar.

Monday, June 06, 2011 9:11 AM
We found one with Sunroof yesterday in the local yard, and also 2 more non sunrook ones. We just grabbed the sunroof one.

FU Tuning

Monday, June 06, 2011 9:15 AM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:We found one with Sunroof yesterday in the local yard, and also 2 more non sunrook ones. We just grabbed the sunroof one.

how much? i'm looking for a non-sunroof sedan one ('00 Sunfire)

May the odds be ever in you favor.....

Friday, June 10, 2011 5:47 PM
alejandro davila wrote:Which ones had the oh @+!?;## handles

I believe they were part of a certain option package you could get on any 1995 - 2002 Cavalier and Sunfire. I'm not sure about 2003 - 2005s. If you want graphite handles though, you'll need to look for 1995 - 1997 Cavaliers and Sunfires. Coupes only came with one and Sedans came with three. For whatever reason they did not put one on the driver's side, but it would be very easy to add one. All the holes and everything are already in the roof on the driver's side. All you would need would be the handle and the hardware that goes with it. The handles are interchangeable between Coupes and Sedans / Cavaliers and Sunfires.

Here is a picture of the factory tan headliner with assist handles in my former 02 Sunfire Sedan:

Here is a picture of the graphite headliner without assist handles I added (I couldn't find any assist handles, so I just grabbed a regular headliner without them):

Here is a picture of the graphite headliner I added to my former 02 Sunfire GT:

Sean Clair wrote:Thanks ENVY

You're welcome !

lafonjef wrote:Actually I believe that the sunfire (not sure about the cav) headliners changed in 2003. I got a gauge pod used from a friend and the top of it is different from my factory A-pillar.

If I'm not mistaken, just the A pillars changed slightly in 2003. I don't think anything changed with the headliner itself.

Saturday, June 11, 2011 11:25 PM
lafonjef wrote:Actually I believe that the sunfire (not sure about the cav) headliners changed in 2003. I got a gauge pod used from a friend and the top of it is different from my factory A-pillar.

Yep, the 2003-2005 headliners changed, they carried a foam insert for head protection. A- pillar and B-C plastic changed too to accommodate new headliner. For sure all came in grey, not to sure if the tan/ beige was available in the 2003-05.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, June 16, 2011 10:33 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Yep, the 2003-2005 headliners changed, they carried a foam insert for head protection. A- pillar and B-C plastic changed too to accommodate new headliner. For sure all came in grey, not to sure if the tan/ beige was available in the 2003-05.

And the only way you can put the 03-05 headliner on a 1995-2002 is by changing the panels with it too.
03-05:

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Saturday, February 04, 2012 4:25 PM
I have the solid black one without sunroof, Im looking for the one with sunroof now , also have beige one with holy crap handle lol (in my 99 sunfire)

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Sunday, February 05, 2012 8:37 AM
didnt kmow the handles came in the sedans, i thouhgt it was only a 95-96 coupe thing.
Sunday, February 05, 2012 8:43 AM
My 95 base model didn't have oh #$# handles.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Sunday, February 05, 2012 8:52 PM
my 95z and my 98z-no handles, my 98 rs coupe did though-pass door, and I'm pretty sure my buddy's 2001 4 dr had them on the three doors, but his 2.2 coupe didn't. As someone else was saying I as well believe they were part of some option package or was just an option that some cars have and some dont, kinda like foglights

age is one thing....experience is another, i'm not the greatest in the world, but I can do it, and I can do it right

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search