Rksport Cf Carpet retainer install help - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rksport Cf Carpet retainer install help
Saturday, July 18, 2015 12:54 PM
Sup guys, I just got my carbon carpet retainers new from rksport. They look great! but my problem is I'm not 100% sure if they are suppose to just be an overlay on the existing stock retainers? but rksport already has the 3m tape on backside of retainers. I asked rksport and they weren't sure. They said its been a mn. since they sold these lol cav interest dieing out I guess Boo! to that. But long story short looking for someone who has installed these on their own J. excited to put these on but not the wrong way. Thanks

Re: Rksport Cf Carpet retainer install help
Saturday, July 18, 2015 5:06 PM
Since they have double sided tape on them, I would assume that means they are meant to go on top of the OEM pieces. Just my $0.02 though.

Saturday, July 18, 2015 8:16 PM
Yea I'm gonna just try a test fit with just cf retainer by itself. But tell me this? how would take these off without breaking them if they are taped down to the car. and on the one side its set down on the carpet. So how is it going to stick to carpet.
Sunday, July 19, 2015 3:30 PM
jdm cav9 wrote:Yea I'm gonna just try a test fit with just cf retainer by itself. But tell me this? how would take these off without breaking them if they are taped down to the car. and on the one side its set down on the carpet. So how is it going to stick to carpet.

Like I said, if the RK Sport carbon fiber carpet retainers have double sided tape on them, I would take that to mean that they are supposed to go on top of the OEM carpet retainers that are already there. If anything, I would do a test fit with the RK Sport ones on top of the original ones first. I'm willing to bet that's how they're supposed to be installed.

Sunday, July 19, 2015 4:02 PM
After looking at RK Sport's website, I'm not so sure they install over the OEM carpet retainers, but than I don't know why they would have double sided tape on them as the OEM carpet retainers are held in place with clips and such (from what I remember). I tried searching, but all the posts that came up were 10+ years old and all the pictures no longer showed up .

Sunday, July 19, 2015 4:18 PM
Ugh... I hate not being able to edit my posts. I apologize for all these posts.

I found a thread where the pictures actually still showed up! It appears that the RK Sport carpet retainers do indeed get taped to the OEM carpet retainers. Hopefully this thread answers your question.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 8:51 AM
Vibenvy Thanks so much! Ive searched and searched and couldn't find anything. Now seeing this it makes sense... guess I get to find a dremel and get to cutting.
Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:02 AM
Oh and sorry now that I read your first post again. I see I misunderstood what you meant.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search