2003 Cluster... - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2003 Cluster...
Thursday, February 24, 2005 8:15 PM
I changed the face plate on my cluster and I removed the needles. I keep reading that you shouldn't do that, but no one will state why. What COULD happen? My cluster works fine.

Re: 2003 Cluster...
Thursday, February 24, 2005 8:22 PM
The motors break.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, February 25, 2005 12:42 PM
or you can make the needles read the wrong info. say it shows you have a full tank of gas. but you really only have 1/2

__________________--------------------------____________________
Team: NONE RIGHT NOW
Sponsored By: Pro Trucks
Work Being Done By: creative customs
Stuff for Sell:

Saturday, February 26, 2005 9:15 PM
ive done it a couple times (once to my car, then learned that lesson) the rest on others' cars...lol....
anyways, its near impossible that if you took your needles completely off that you got them back in the exact right position the first time...........if you did.........GO TO VEGAS....NOW FOR GODS SAKE....lol......

you might need to double check your numbers on everything, and they might need a tweek. if not..... youre the MAN.*JBO

speed costs money, i have little money, so i have little speed. Donations are appreciated =)
Saturday, February 26, 2005 9:52 PM
Cavalier 2003driver wrote:or you can make the needles read the wrong info. say it shows you have a full tank of gas. but you really only have 1/2

Nah, can't do that on the 00 and up's. The needles reset themselves when you turn the ignition on (which is why you see the needles dipping down for a second or two).

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, February 27, 2005 7:27 AM
My cluster is having a slight problem! It shuts down for 5 seconds when I turn on the headlights. It works fine when I start the car. Everything comes on. What's up with that?
Sunday, February 27, 2005 7:41 AM
Sounds like a poor ground.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Sunday, February 27, 2005 7:44 AM
Shouldn't it be grounded through the wire harness? Is there another way to ground it?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search